When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wearing Reps to the Gym

Victoria

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

c. i don't like to leave my watches whether fake or gen lying in the "locked" locker....

Now drop and give me twenty..... :p

:lol: :lol:

I like your 'tude, Tech.

BTW, your allusion to a "locked" locker actually did happen to me. I had my racketball racket, and Sport Walkman (remember those? In yellow) stolen from a ritzy gym locker once, and I never again returned.

I'm guessing one of the staff pilfered it, like what happened to Dionne Warwick and her jewels in an Italian hotel recently. It included a Rolex watch...

hxxp://www.luxist.com/2008/01/10/dionne-warwick-loses-her-jewels-in-italy/

So, it's either a cheap watch, or a rep I can wear everywhere, but wouldn't mind losing it when I go into the sauna.

WBK offered me a Tag Carrera Chrono. I said no. Too butch. :lol: My quest continues.

I like Laz' watch, a lot though!

Gotcha, I guess it's more a question of gym layout.

I am, unfortunately, not near any large gyms. The closest "big" gym near me is 35min away. A little too far for me. I suffice with the local Golds Gym. 30,000sq. ft. of juice heads and men that wear too much cologne while working out and not enough women to use as motivation while training.

Oh well...back to my Twinkies.

I am, unfortunately, not near any large gyms. The closest "big" gym near me is 35min away. A little too far for me. I suffice with the local Golds Gym. 30,000sq. ft. of juice heads and men that wear too much cologne while working out and not enough women to use as motivation while training.

Oh well...back to my Twinkies.

LOL!

There's a Gold's Gym a few blocks away from me (well, everything is a few blocks away in SoBe. It's 20 blocks wide). I entered to inquire, and saw all these muscle-types wearing loose shorts, circa Arnold Schwarzenegger-Pumping Iron, and bimbettes in wall-to-wall pink, and walked out. It was a meat market.

The receptionist was wearing a Cartier Fran

i do cardio, and lots of either free wieghts or hammer strength machines. i play rugby, so i have to focus on doing three sets of eight to ten reps of really heavy wieghts, to build mass and strength, that way i can tear the heads off the opposing team =)

now i did wear a vintage marina militare last year whilst playing rugby so that i could vintage it quite quickly. that was fun.

oh, and before i get labled because of my last post, i am not a juice head, nor a muscle head. i wear my ipod and mind my own business while i work out. i do enjoy eye candy though and makes the work out much quicker. i hate juice monkeys like i hate my mortgage, and many times i would like to drop a 45 pound plate on thier heads, but that is another story.

Victoria...

The watch took a lot of nicks on the case and scratches on the crystal. it was random looking, not as if you took a hammer to it, know what i mean?

as for rugby...lol

i play prop or flank. great postions. i used to play hook, but like the second row better.

the maul is a great place to be. i have had many memorable moments there.

lots of fun.

I use my Rolex Tiffany Sub 5517 on a Nato. Its perfect for all those needs and hopefully mines getting a more used look in the process. The Nato strap is really great flexible and drys quickly. It got a few nice comment at the weekend after an ocean swim.

Hope this helps

S

Indeed...the proverbial dangling carrot. :D

of course mes amis...

the gym was very good today :D

just make sure that when you are on the cardio machines of your choice, you are on the ones that forces you to have your back to the wall, that way you are looking forward to the other five or six rows of machines and all the lovely ladies (or guys if that is your eye candy) are therefore in front of you.

;)

Suunto T4 is perfect for the gym. I wear mine to the gym and when I go running every day. Its comftorble to wear, weighs next to nothing, and has heart rate monitoring, calorie consumption and stop watch among other things.

If you plan to do cardio it is a great watch, for example I wear it daily on my two mile run, I set up a heart rate zone area that I want to stay in. If I go above or below the set rates it will alert me I can look at the watch quickly thanks to the large display and adjust my speed accordingly, same works at the gym on the bikes and treadmills.

I have banged it into machines a bunch and never really had a problem with getting any scratches on the face of it as well.

This is what I wore last time in the gym:

IMG_0680a.jpg

HAWT!! Very nice photos, HikeUSA!

But see, this is why I want the CD 2007. It's more colourful. :p

Incidentally, I wanted to get Laz' Heart Rate Monitor Polar watch, but they're too $$. Can someone recommend the Sigma brand from Germany?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MQFU3...d=2B3AWSGH63T5Z

31G68KAMCAL._SS500_.jpg

In addition to the Sweet Poison Casio, I mean. That's on it's way. :)

Victoria I recall a Rolex Air-King in your collection or am I mistaken. In any event it may be just right for environment your gym is in and still not over the top.

Hey, you know. That's not a bad idea!

Well, not all the time, but to mix it up with the Casio or Pumpkin PO. It's also cheap enough (28 Euro) so that if something happens to it, it's no problem to replace.

Thanks, Raijor! :)

@Viennawatch: Thanks for the Polar info!

@Alant: Thanks too! Any more info on that Jellyfish?

Well since I'm a heavy jogger, in other words endurance jogging. I believe mechanical watches are useless for such an activity. I need something that can properly measure my time with my heartbeat, measure my progress over the weeks, months, etc... There is no such mechanical watch that can do such a thing.

Therefore I stick to my Polar!

Although, you may have caught me wearing my ancient sub at the gym a few times, but I stopped doing that for a while now. Because my ancient sub is a piece of crap. I'm contemplating whether I should just trash it and buy a new one or actually have it serviced/repaired... Oh i know! I will play around with its interiors! :) Anyhow, all my other reps are way too nice to sweat on! :)

Polar it is.

Regards,

VW

HikeUSA, your gym doesn't frown on bringing a cam in?

Ahh...benchpresses...I just reinjured my right rotator cuff so no pressing for me for a few weeks. :(

I've been a member for 18 years, so they give me free reign of the place! Slai, have you tried using rubbers or light weights to strengthen ur RC? Just do a lot of

shoulder exercise doing 3 sets of 18 to 24 reps each! I injured my right side (still bothers me once-in-awhile), but its much better now. Also, do a lot of stretching (use the

door frame) b4, during and after each chest/shoulder routine! Brace your left and right arms on the frame and push your whole body forward until u feel a good stretch,

count to 20!

Good luck!