When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wearing Reps to the Gym

Victoria

I'm joining a fitness club soon, and can you believe it -- no idea which watch to wear.

Narrowed down choices include:

- DSN 112 (too bulky?)

- 42.5mm PO (too flimsy?)

- HBB Aspen (too fashionista?)

That's why I went with that rather minging Swiss Army watch shown in the Wristcheck.

swissarmyshufflefila2qu8.jpg

I need a watch which can withstand running, lifting, and saunas. Possibly a dip in the jacuzzi -- so obviously, no chronos. I may have to actually BUY a rep watch for this venture.

Your thoughts would be appreciated, but let me ask you in general:

What watch do you wear for working out, or jogging, bicycling, swimming, etc.?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually my PO or Seiko orange monster to the gym. I've worn my Cousteau on the odd occasion.

Neither of the first two watches are small. Does the bulkiness bother or hamper you?

I guess this is one of those times where being a woman REALLY makes it different for me, because I have weak wrists. I used to kickbox and run, so my thighs are overdeveloped, not my upper-body.

The Cousteau is a good suggestion, though I don't have one. Thanks!

I'm joining a fitness club soon, and can you believe it -- no idea which watch to wear.

Narrowed down choices include:

- DSN 112 (too bulky?)

- 42.5mm PO (too flimsy?)

- HBB Aspen (too fashionista?)

That's why I went with that rather minging Swiss Army watch shown in the Wristcheck.

I need a watch which can withstand running, lifting, and saunas. Possibly a dip in the jacuzzi -- so obviously, no chronos. I may have to actually BUY a rep watch for this venture.

Your thoughts would be appreciated, but let me ask you in general:

What watch do you wear for working out, or jogging, bicycling, swimming, etc.?

Hi Victoria! Welcome to the club!!! The Fitness Club, I mean! :bicycle:

I wear my Rolex Subs and YMs most of the time.....just make sure they're waterproof!

Enjoy your workout! You'll be hurting for a few days (after your weight training), but it will go away!

Take it slow the first week! You'll be running in South Beach by spring!!!

Good Luck!

Believe it or not, this one:

img2250ep0.jpg

...But you have to remember a couple of things:

1. I have the uncanny ability to move deftly between $60,000 and $60 chronographs, and
  2. I work out at home, so I'm not trying to impress anyone
:lol:

I use a cardiac digital watch chrono is a lot easier to read than ANY analog chrono) or, in the past, I use a Seiko MONSTER on a NATO strap to do my daily mountain bike training. Killer look. But very heavy, but cuz I keep my hand on the bar, it didn't bother me.

I suggest to you a very light watch (a CASIO G-SHOCK),and due to perspiration, is the best IMHO to do training session.

[*]I have the uncanny ability to move deftly between $60,000 and $60 chronographs, and

Check. :)

[*]I work out at home, so I'm not trying to impress anyone:lol:

Not check. ^_^

See, this is it. I live in South Beach, and the potential gym is located inside a hotel (it's got famous people like Puffy staying there all the time -- don't worry, this doesn't mean I'll be name-dropping if I see one. I'll take pics instead! :lol:). On the one hand, who cares, I'm there to work out.

But after all these rep watches I bought, can I really go back to my Nike running watch? Isn't that the POINT of rep watches: that they're more disposable than a gen?

296383-1535.jpg

And Slai, aren't you scared to lose your watch when you put it down?? I would be.

Disposable yes, but still a hassle to lose.

The black Tag Tiger Woods is too masculine-looking for me (it's boxy), but I believe there's one in white. Thanks Perry, guys. :)

I suggest to you a very light watch (a CASIO G-SHOCK),and due to perspiration, is the best IMHO to do training session.

Magagne, thanks. :) (I miss your "V for Vendetta" avatar, BTW!)

I am reminded that Erwinner said he worked out with his 177h on a Toscana Fiero strap (!). That's another thing. For me, Rubber diver strap only, with a PAM. I can't imagine sweating into one of the pricey PAM straps.

Hope Nanuq answers. Can't believe he wears those vintage Rolexes whilst bicycling in Alaska. :o

And Slai, aren't you scared to lose your watch when you put it down?? I would be.

I slip it in my pocket.

Sometimes I bring 3-4 watches with me if I plan on doing some cardio on the elliptical and just switch watches every 5 mins. Beats having a watch winder. Ok, I made that part up. :D

Not that I go to the gym, but I work in quite a phisical job, and wear my reps all the time at work - most of the time my BCE that is more than a year old - bracelet needs a polish but otherwise it is running as good as the day I got it.

I would recommend a cheap casio for the gym. I find the metal gets irritating and uncomfortable as iget hot, so a casio with rubber strap would be best suited I feel. Also with the casio, you have less risk shaking something loose.

Crikey, the Casios are a popular suggestion.

Even Raymond, a man who is elegance personified, suggested it. Will I have to cave in? Thanks, b16a2!

Tangential website: You can download a programme from here to help you meet your exercise goals.

http://nbfits.com/

Incidentally, the chick is wearing the exact gym gear I just bought! Well, mine is Adidas...

workoutgearan3.jpg

You'll notice no watch. :p

Victoria,

I use to wear this in the gym constantly and as a daily beater before it run out of battery! Its made of titanium (super light), water resistant to 100m,

unobtrusive and have several functions:

aerospace.jpg

Brand Breitling

Series Breitling Aerospace

Gender Mens

Case Material

18kt Yellow Gold And Titanium

Case Thickness 10.4mm

Case Diameter 42mm

Dial Color Black

Bezel Unidirectional Rotating

Movement Quartz