When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yachtmaster

baglc1

Just sent my $37 deposit for Yachtmaster with 2892-A2 movement from watchmaker9. The balance to pay in June, total price $375.

The price increase's the longer you leave it. Have a look and tell us what you think, the first lot of picture's are of a Gen they bought to copy but there are more picture's of a reverse engineering as it is built. They are claiming again it is 1:1 and will take any Gen parts you wish to fit.

They are also selling ETA movements with machined designs done by themselves. Like i say have a look and tell us what you think.

Just sent my $37 deposit for Yachtmaster with 2892-A2 movement from watchmaker9. The balance to pay in June, total price $375.

The price increase's the longer you leave it. Have a look and tell us what you think, the first lot of picture's are of a Gen they bought to copy but there are more picture's of a reverse engineering as it is built. They are claiming again it is 1:1 and will take any Gen parts you wish to fit.

They are also selling ETA movements with machined designs done by themselves. Like i say have a look and tell us what you think.

And the pics are where ????????

This is also a re-hash from Jul 12 2007, on this forum.

BK Yacht-Yachtmaster is preferable and for far less money

• 2 weeks later...

Please be careful that you may not get ETA2892-A2 movement. You may get Seagull ST18 instead.

Look at the picture here:

etasmall2du6.jpg

and compare it with:

2892-A2.jpg

Look at the shape of balance wheel's regulator.

Now compare it with genuine ETA 289x family:

P1140264.jpg

Last picture courtesy of azgjav. It's a movement from Breitling Skyracer, so a 2894 but the balance wheel regulator looks the same.

I agree I just looked at the movement pictures on WM9's website and they are not what they are claimed to me. WM9 is a scammer trying to pass off Chinese movements as swiss. His "2892" is actually a seagull to anyone who knows what they are looking for. If he lies about this what else is he lying about?

-Mike

You guys have brought up some interesting points....but this is a hard comparison....I believe it is best to see the movement in person in order to make that kind of claim....

We all know that ETA has made more than one version of the famed 2836....is it at all possible that he is selling a different version of the 2892....one that is different from what most of us have seen before....

I do not support WM9 or any of his products....but from what a few of his customers have said about the watches they bought from him....the watch cases are the best....accepting gen parts....perfect dimensions....and so on and so forth....arguably better than the MBW....so I believe at the least that you have a good shot of getting a rep with a fantastic case....even though you will pay big $$$$ for it....somebody need to do a review of the 2892 he is selling so that we can have conclusive evidence that he is trying to pull a fast one on us....

I dont even know if this is the exact same Yachy. The one BK sells is gunna be the GOOD one from the 'noobfactory' with the 520117 serial #... the same as you would get from TTK. WM9 is probably selling the noob Yachtmaster also and calling it his own. After all.. he was showing pics of HIS custom Submariner and it had the Noob 520117 serial number on it. haha. I guess he figures we are stupid or something. From everything i've read about WM9 and his watches, (and theres been a lot if you do a search) i would personally stay away.

dizz

I dont even know if this is the exact same Yachy. The one BK sells is gunna be the GOOD one from the 'noobfactory' with the 520117 serial #... the same as you would get from TTK. WM9 is probably selling the noob Yachtmaster also and calling it his own. After all.. he was showing pics of HIS custom Submariner and it had the Noob 520117 serial number on it. haha. I guess he figures we are stupid or something. From everything i've read about WM9 and his watches, (and theres been a lot if you do a search) i would personally stay away.

dizz

I can't but agree with you, dizz. Why taking this risk?

:mellow:

dizz

Yep

• 4 months later...
King sells that YM as well with the 2892 clone. It is just a hair more accurate than BK's by his own admission but 50% more in price. I'm sure if you asked any of the dealers here could source it for you.

WM9 claims his model is standerd superlumed.....do the other dealers sell the same superlumed model?

E.