When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Aquatimer

k2222

So yesterday one member's Iwc Aquatimer came for double AR:

1 no lume (at all!!!) on the inner bezel, hand after charging 20 min. under very strong light, glow for 5 sec.!!!

2 inner bezel sounds horrible when moving, or i should say if moving, becouse i need gloves to tourn it!it is extremly hard to move that thing, something stucking inside or keeping bezel in one place

3 Pusher felt off and spring jumped to other room, i spent 2h for searching it with rest of my family:)))

4 Chrono at '6' sometimes working, sometimes don't, most of the time don't

Is anybody got similar problems with this one?t

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awefull... a new watch falling apart ... that fast! I hope it was not from one of the dealers who say they do a manual check before they ship... And i hope for your cause your dealer will take car of it. Sorry to hear this as it must have spoilt your "hurry i have a new watch"-feeling... big time!

My watchsmith start chrono functions and put the pusher back, there is no lume on the inner bezel, but the owner said that doesn't care so Slevin is staying, this is very nice watch, steel quality or the dial are looking awesome, i was at AD yesterday and only visible difference is in the case finish, genuine is polished on the sides, rep is brushed, but this is an easy fix

Just ordered one, will receive it in few days...I'll give a status before it go to relume, AR, and full servicing to The Zigmeister.

Just received mine today, it's an awesome watch. No problem with it out of the box, but will still go to visit The Zigmeister to unmount, clean, re-oil, etc.

AR:

-The AR is pretty strong, little blueish under hot spot light. The crystal will still go for the new "must to have" AR from Chief.

Dial:

- Dial is a real beauty. Very classy. Not black matte but a glossy metal dial. The indices on dial are very nice and catch light and glow nicely.

- No lume on the rotating bezel, and I'll not lume it. Hands has a pretty good lume, but again, they wil be re-lume. BTW There's lume on subdial needles.

- On mine, the "swiss made" is misalign at the bottom of the ring to hold the crystal, it is not at 30, but at 33, the gen is like this?

Push button:

It's true that the bezel crown/button do a squeaky/spring sound when it be turn. It is not stiff to turn, and not too slack. There's a spring in there, and maybe it grind on the inside of button...it sounds "cheap".

Strap:

Very well made, very comfortable. Serious stuff here. Notice for all purist that it's NOT made with rubber, (cuz a true rubber strap smell like vanilla), it is soft synthetic rubber, still very comfo and not stiff.

Conclusion:

Definitively, it's a must to have.

Photos:

IMG_6526.jpg

IMG_6525.jpg

IMG_6524.jpg

IMG_6523.jpg

IMG_6522.jpg

IMG_6518.jpg

IMG_6517.jpg

Bouncing springs are always fun. Once you've tinkered with a few watches, you learn to cup your hand over the watch when removing certain parts so they don't wind up on the other side of the room! Mr Gagne, that's going to be a real looker when all is said and done. The The Zigmeister bezel lume on these is a real sight to behold.

Bouncing springs are always fun. Once you've tinkered with a few watches, you learn to cup your hand over the watch when removing certain parts so they don't wind up on the other side of the room! Mr Gagne, that's going to be a real looker when all is said and done. The The Zigmeister bezel lume on these is a real sight to behold.

I'll miss it during all the time that will be with The Zigmeister + time to coat the crystal in the Feb AR run process :2:

The inner bezel has white gloss marking, the result of re-luming the inner bezel will be in white matte...not sure I want that...

Who relume Cousteau/Aquatimer bezel here?

I'll miss it during all the time that will be with The Zigmeister + time to coat the crystal in the Feb AR run process :2:

The inner bezel has white gloss marking, the result of re-luming the inner bezel will be in white matte...not sure I want that...

Who relume Cousteau/Aquatimer bezel here?

kruzer has had his bezel lumed... You should be able to find pics.

that "swiss made" is terribly misaligned. i would contact your seller.

And what he will suppose to do? Ask me to send it back? Pay for shipping back? etc.

The Zigmeister will fixed it with my Jan full servicing appointment. Note that the "swiss made" print is NOT part of the inner turnable bezel, the print is on a crystal seal ring, it's an independent ring, IMHO it should be re-align easily.

And what he will suppose to do? Ask me to send it back? Pay for shipping back? etc.

The Zigmeister will fixed it with my Jan full servicing appointment. Note that the "swiss made" print is NOT part of the inner turnable bezel, the print is on a crystal seal ring, it's an independent ring, IMHO it should be re-align easily.

.. FYI, this is the answer of the dealer about the misaligned "swiss made" is:

...I think the bumpy journey to you in the package caused that. I checked the watch before I ship it out.

... I can't beleive this bull*** <_<

Guys, the watch was wrap with tons of bubble wrap, in a styrofoam box, very tight. Nos sign of abuse on the box too. Even a earthquake can't do that.

I suppose if a mvt arrive, and the mvt doesn't work, we'll reveive the same bull*** reason/explanation from dealer.

the problem with one i have at home was that the pusher jumped off when it was lying on the desk, brand new, never seen any wrist time,what if such a thing happend when you are on the street or a car??!!! Better check if they sit tight. You dont want to loose them

The QC looks really bad on this piece, I am glad I steered clear of it and went for the Porsche chrono instead, best decision I have made in a while ^_^

I bought it from a very "trusted" dealer , and he "said" he inspected it...do your own conclusion. Mine is done ;)

I bought it from a very "trusted" dealer , and he "said" he inspected it...do your own conclusion. Mine is done ;)

My Porsche watch I put on my wrist and nothing more needs to be done, it's perfect. Have a peak over here: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=65916&hl=

If you have to relume an realign bezels etc..... when you buy a watch, that tells me it has poor QC. You say the dealer selected yours as one of the better ones?

I am going to be a lot more picky when it comes to buying watches. The Porsche watch has set a new standard for me, not many watches will match it I think.

Cheers :D

My Porsche watch I put on my wrist and nothing more needs to be done, it's perfect. Have a peak over here: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=65916&hl=

If you have to relume an realign bezels etc..... when you buy a watch, that tells me it has poor QC. You say the dealer selected yours as one of the better ones?

I am going to be a lot more picky when it comes to buying watches. The Porsche watch has set a new standard for me, not many watches will match it I think.

Cheers :D

Well there hasn't been a rep in my lifetime with acceptable lume, except for "modded" pieces that some dealers offer. So that one is pretty much a given, if you care. And, really, the SWISS MADE alignment issue isn't a big deal at all since he's going to mod the thing anyhow... he doesn't have to mod it, he wants to mod it. Me, I say that if a rotated bezel ring is the worst problem you've got, take it and be happy!