When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first PAM..... Ultimate 111h from Angus

jsmith11

Thanks Guys.

I am not trying to bad mouth him just can't understand how he advertises this ultimate watch and I receive this canal st watch. Just blows me away.

Nahh.. don't think of it like you are trying to bad mouth him or something. It's always good to update other members the situation and also to notify the dealers for their mistakes. I am sure angus will fix this problem one way or another. Please keep us update of how it turns out then. Thanks

To be honest, Angus has always been a fantastic dealer. One of the best, in fact. I'm sure this was just a minor [censored]-up. He'll sort you out.

Before someone pointed it out to you, you were very happy with the watch.

Well I did research and found out Angus was a great dealer, thats why I chose him. Now, I was disappointed when I received the watch because it was missing l swiss l. Ultimately I am very disappointed with the watch and just want what I paid for.

Well you are not alone here. I just received a new Pam 164 from Perfect Clones without the "L SWISS MADE L" on it as well. The L SWISS L guys must be on strike.

Oh Well, getting a new dial sent and since it was going out asap for a re-lume it all works out. But what a major pain in the rear.

"QC, I don't need no stinking QC"

Rogerwine

The search begins again, anyone recommend a dealer for a sweet modded 111h?

It's a shame. I had been this close to getting an e-series 111 from Angus too, but I can't afford this type of customer service lapse. -_-

I'd say, stick to Davidsen, Jsmith, but hurry -- his Swiss ETA with swan neck movements are running out.

Best of luck.

EDIT: Here is Davidsen's new blog. It has updates on what movements and stock in general, he has. :)

http://davidsen-dsn.blogspot.com/

Thanks Guys.

I am not trying to bad mouth him just can't understand how he advertises this ultimate watch and I receive this canal st watch. Just blows me away.

This dial snafu doesn't make this a Canal St. quality rep, at all. Everything else about this watch is absolutely above average. Even gen PAMs have gotten past the factory QC -- I saw one on Paneristi a few months ago that was missing one of the "L"s in "L Swiss L". It was just "Swiss L"!

j, did you ask Angus if he could simply send you a replacement dial and you could have it installed?

Vic, I got a 111E from Angus in late November and it was flawless. I wouldn't let this one issue dissuade me from buying a watch from him...

Edited by peepshow

I understand Angus is a great dealer hence the reason I chose to buy from him but how in gods name do you allow a watch to leave his possession missing the l swiss l and the hands being a diff shade from the numbers?

Again Im not bad mouthing him, he is going to refund my money, just boggles my mind that a watch of this stature to arrive like this.

I understand Angus is a great dealer hence the reason I chose to buy from him but how in gods name do you allow a watch to leave his possession missing the l swiss l and the hands being a diff shade from the numbers?

Again Im not bad mouthing him, he is going to refund my money, just boggles my mind that a watch of this stature to arrive like this.

Sorry for this, mate . I think Angus behaved correctly: he even offered to refund it.

Edited by stevethebest

Stop your whining dude. Angus made a mistake thats all...first of all...I'd have him swap it out for a 111e...more accurate...

Anyways...don't get your panties in a bunch about a missing 'L SWISS MADE L'....because I'm not sure which is better...

having nothing there or having it SQUISHED up against the '6'...either way it looks like crap.

If you're heart is set on a sandwich dial I'd check out davidsen's 112...if u have to go the sandwich 111 route

he has 1 dial that I've seen that is actually pretty good...

IMHO, i'd get the 111e for $220 & vaclume it when u get a chance. Make sure though Angus sends u one with the whitish font not the yellow/green.

Peace

Stop your whining dude. Angus made a mistake thats all...first of all...I'd have him swap it out for a 111e...more accurate...

Anyways...don't get your panties in a bunch about a missing 'L SWISS MADE L'....because I'm not sure which is better...

having nothing there or having it SQUISHED up against the '6'...either way it looks like crap.

Wo wo dave, Im not whining in the least, I paid for something that is not what he delivered after waiting for over a month. He is refunding my money yes but how am I whining? I am simply stating facts that the watch was f'd up and Angus said thats the best he can do when cleary it isn't the truth. Whatever you have your opinion and I have mine. Im not saying he is a bad guy just that he f'd up this deal and I don't accept it. Thats all.

As for a new watch ah who knows, I will probably give davidsen a try.

As for a new watch ah who knows, I will probably give davidsen a try.

@jsmith11, hi bro sorry to read about all your problems with this purchase from Angus, I've dealt with him many a times and every watch was flawless. Perhaps you might decide to give him another try. One word of caution some members swear by Davidsen, and while it's no doubt he has a nice product, he probably has the worst QC of all our trusted dealers. Lately there have been a slew of complaints with watches recieved from him with a variety of issues. I'd only buy a Davidsen on the second hand market when you can be sure you'll recieve a good one. Some feel it's worth all the trouble when you get a good Davidsen watch, but that's a big IF.

Well my Ultimate 111h arrived from Angus today... and I must have got lucky because I did not have any problems. The "L Swiss Made L" is there, the super lume appears to be nice and even, I charged it and took it in a dark room and it looks great

Only one problem...

This is my first PAM and I'm not sure it is for me... I guess I will take a couple of days to decide... but I am going to be very careful with it in case I decide to sell it on the board here...

The watch looks FANTASTIC though... I just need to decide if it's for me

I will post pics later tonight!!! :D

Well my Ultimate 111h arrived from Angus today... and I must have got lucky because I did not have any problems. The "L Swiss Made L" is there, the super lume appears to be nice and even, I charged it and took it in a dark room and it looks great

Only one problem...

This is my first PAM and I'm not sure it is for me... I guess I will take a couple of days to decide... but I am going to be very careful with it in case I decide to sell it on the board here...

The watch looks FANTASTIC though... I just need to decide if it's for me

I will post pics later tonight!!! :D

Feta1, we (at least me) are still waiting for your post man.. :D