When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first PAM..... Ultimate 111h from Angus

jsmith11

Welp here it is. The ultimate 111h from Angus with the swiss movt. I am a noob to the PAMs so please tell what you think. I waited for the swiss movt to get back in stock.

My impressions are the watch is awesome, simple, elegant lots of character.

One thing is the strap it comes with is junk, looks rubber like. Screams rep. I will have to shop for some better straps in the next couple days.

Ok let me know what you think....

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

Thanks guys!

Wait a minute is there supposed to be an "L SWISS L" below the six on this watch?????

Whoa, yes, there is...NOW DON'T GET UPSET, JSMITH. I know what with the previous Breit problem, you must be, "this is just not my hobby!", but it happened to me too. First 6 reps, all with probs.

Angus will fix it. :(

Straps: hxxp://www.network54.com/Forum/353393/

http://timeconnection.biz/page/timeco/CTGY/Special

And of course, you can get a custom-made one by any of the forum strapmakers: V, FxrAndy, xlr8tn, Savage, Tootall. :D

@Victoria..... yup this is just amazing, my first 2 reps both have problems and this was after a looooooooooooong wait with Angus. Just so disgusted right now. Waiting to hear back from him.

I wonder if he can just send me a new dial and someone around me can swap it out?

Dudro.... ya i like the look of it just disappointed yet again buy another messed up rep. :(

yeah....it's pretty frustrating....

one quick question -- is angus' ultimate 111h supposed to have superlume? if so, it would be bizarre for them to use c1 (white) on the hands and c3 (green) on the dial....plus, c1 (white) doesn't shine as bright as c3 (green).....

you might check real quick and see how luminous the dial & hands are compared to each other.....

deltatahoe

If the watch was supposed to come superlumed, I would ship it back right away, asking also for a compensation as a refund for this bad service..., maybe an extra strap, or box etc...

If the lume sould be re done, there's no point to be upset about the white hands and in the meanwhile you send away the under dial and hands for relume, send back the upper dial to the seller for a replacement with L swiss made L.

Hands are not factory lumed in C1.

Both dial and hands are lumed in C3, but dial indices look darker (more beige/cream color) because sandwich dial makers don't apply the paint undercoat for the lume, so the base brass metal color shows thru.

cheers,

babola

Welp here it is. The ultimate 111h from Angus with the swiss movt. I am a noob to the PAMs so please tell what you think. I waited for the swiss movt to get back in stock.

My impressions are the watch is awesome, simple, elegant lots of character.

One thing is the strap it comes with is junk, looks rubber like. Screams rep. I will have to shop for some better straps in the next couple days.

Ok let me know what you think....

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

Thanks guys!

Am I wrong if I say that under 6 there should be "L Swiss Made L"?

Am I wrong if I say that under 6 there should be "L Swiss Made L"?

O trust me you are correct,

And get this Angus is telling me that this is as good as his watchsmith can do LOL. So if I cant except it he will swap it for another watch lol.

So i asked him if his ultimate 111h he had for sale with the l swiss l is just made up? Unreal :rolleyes:

Man, I just ordered one from angus less than a week ago. I hope it doesn't have this problem. I will update when I receive mine then. BTW, so what r u planning to do with it? is he willing to refund the watch? and how long did u wait after ordered 'til it arrived? I am really curious for I might end up having the same problem. This is terrible.

Good luck for you man.

Man, I just ordered one from angus less than a week ago. I hope it doesn't have this problem. I will update when I receive mine then. BTW, so what r u planning to do with it? is he willing to refund the watch? and how long did u wait after ordered 'til it arrived? I am really curious for I might end up having the same problem. This is terrible.

Good luck for you man.

I also order one from Angus about a week ago. After reading this thread I sent him an email asking him to check my watch. Here is his reply:

"I will definately check it, it was an accident, I will take care of him!

I believe this wont happen again.

Regarding the lume color, because the dial is relumed and the hands are lumed and the color will be a very slightly different, as my watch smith is not as skilful as the modders on the board.

I will check yours for sure!"

I will report back when I receive mine!!!

O trust me you are correct,

And get this Angus is telling me that this is as good as his watchsmith can do LOL. So if I cant except it he will swap it for another watch lol.

So i asked him if his ultimate 111h he had for sale with the l swiss l is just made up? Unreal :rolleyes:

I also order one from Angus about a week ago. After reading this thread I sent him an email asking him to check my watch. Here is his reply:

"I will definately check it, it was an accident, I will take care of him!

I believe this wont happen again.

Regarding the lume color, because the dial is relumed and the hands are lumed and the color will be a very slightly different, as my watch smith is not as skilful as the modders on the board.

I will check yours for sure!"

I will report back when I receive mine!!!

Good call. I will do the same thing to make sure I get mine right then. Will also update when I received mine. Thanks