When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interest in a Tudor Vintage Group Buy

kenmasters

Is the serial number on these 726514 by any chance?

well i'm having 2 "samples" sent to me, the model is apparently 7016 and the serial numbers are in the 737xxx range, so it doesnt sound like it's the watch referred to above...

will happily post pics when i get the samples

That looks nice madmacs69! The case looks like a vietnam-case and it's a got a genuine vintage tudor mvt.

Are you sure about the movement?

I know very little about movements, but when I bought my MBW Tudor rep I initially thought it had a genuine movement as well. Well, it turned out to be ETA 2842 with TUDOR engraving on the rotor. It's the same lowbeat movement that's used in Swatches. Very cheap one.

Read here.

I'm not saying this one isn't genuine, I'm just curious.

Keep in mind that Tudor's use ETA movements

Yes, I'm well aware of that.

But genuine Tudor movement from a 100% original Tudor is still different than "bulk" ETA or "rotor decorated" cheap Asian.

The rep is good, but, at $500-$600, not that good. If you can get the seller down to $250 or maybe $300, I might consider 1.

Agreed. Although I think it's great that we finally see proper Tudor Submariner reps. $500 or $600 is still too much (for me).

Well i already have one, but i don't think it's too expensive. The case is so much better than any rolex sub case. The crown sits in the case at the correct height, the finish is quite good, the rehaut is correct of 60's no date submariners (rolex and tudor)... so since we pay obscene amounts to get a watch modded and obscene amounts for replica watches... in that line i can justify a $500,- tudor replica.

I would love to get a list of things that need to be done to the watch.

And remember... tudor does not have a good and complete history of what case went where with which movement... there are so many different version...

Here is a gen 7928 for reference (Tudor caliber 390 movement - 18k bph)

The rep is good, but, at $500-$600, not that good. If you can get the seller down to $250 or maybe $300, I might consider 1.

I think the rep in question is a 7016 not a 7928.

It looks pretty correct to me, but the movement is wrong, the correct reference being an ETA 2983 with a ROW marking near the balance.

Not an issue though.

I'm interested IF it's under $400 and IF it's shipped from the EU.

Would be interested in a 7928 rep too BTW...

Thanks

Edited by bluebite

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I have a source that has about 10 franken tudor subs if anyone is interested. He's after about $600 a piece.

interested parties let me know and i'll try to get pics

Just wondering if you still have that buddy with the 10 franken tudor sub's for sale. If so, I'm interested. Thanks

I'm a recent Tudor fan and I've been looking around for Tudors.. but no one sells them often requiring us to mod MBWs or other models with hard to find/expensive Tudor parts. How about a fully modded Tudor?

Phong has two Tudor Models for sale... 7928 and a 9411. His price is $850. Apparently these are Vietnamese cases which are known to be better than MBWs.

There may be a discount with a group buy, so I was wondering if there was an interest. If there's significant interest, we can drop the price to ~ $500.

Thanks,

Ken

I have a womans Original oyster quartz.(Gen)

Its from mid 80's. Replaced with a new batery but recently stoped. I might let this go if you are interested

in originals. Or might trade it for a Nice rep Pam.

I also have an original (GEN) Oyster submariner plexi glass Crystal with no magnifier. Nice and thick! (Not the watch just the crystal)

from late 80's almost if not completely new. Been sitting in a small plastic bag.. Had it on my submariner for a week and then changed it for one with magnifier.

But i am not sure if i can find it. If your interested i can look see. :-)

- Also have somewhere a Gen white tudor oyster dial. (Dial only)

Let me know.

Rgds

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...