When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What TV series are you currently watching?

DemonSlayer

Anyone for Lost, Prison Break, Heroes, Dexter, Sara Connor Chronicles? :)

Currently I'm watching Lost, Dexter (season 2 recap) Sara Connor Chronicles (I like this one) and The Sopranos (started watching from season 5, will start from season 1 after I've finished season 6 :))

I used to be into Prison Break but I didn't like the plot for season 2 too much, but my brother says that the season 3 is good. It's the same with Heroes, I was really into season 1 but lost interest in season 2.

I received DVD's of the whole 3 years of the black and white TV Series Adventures in Paradise for Xmas form my family. I have been enjoying this step back in time to the very early days of television before I was born. My children know me well as an armchair adventurer and this series has the exotic backdrop of Tahiti and the south Pacific Ocean on the 85 ft schooner Tiki. The series was created by Jame Michner, produced by Dominick Dunne and starred Gardner McKay. Great scenery and some good laughs and always a happy ending sorted out by the hero.

Last year they gave me a season of "Sea Hunt" also in black and white starring Lloyd Bridges as professional scuba diver Mike Nelson

For more information on the series here is a link to one of many web sites devoted to it.

Adventures in Paradise and Captain Troy

Does this count?

"The Naked Archaeologist", on History International. Excerpt:

"Fast, funny and irreverent (think the Ali G. of archaeology), Jacobovici asks the questions we all want to know the answers to: Why is it so bad to be called a Philistine? Was Jezebel really that sexy? What do you do when you find a 2,000-year-old palace under your house? And where do you stop for a good falafel when you're on your way to find the real Mount Sinai?"

:lol:

I don't watch regular television; even in the UK I didn't.

It's bad, because whenever a British or American person says, hey didn't you see that episode in Seinfeld/Neighbours, I have to say, no clue. My father restricted my telly viewing to one hour per day, and we didn't have TV privileges at boarding school until one reached the 5th form -- so it was weaned out of me very early.

The last British regular series I watched was "Dr. Finlay". The last American series I watched was "Sex and the City". :)

My all time favorite was Deadwood.....and I was crushed when it was over....

for now:

Curb your Enthusiasm, Boston Legal, ER, and Two and a Half Men.......awaiting the next seasdon of Survivor!

Anyone watching the Terminator: Sara Connor Chronicles? Its quite impressive, the pilot was very good, and filled with good action. It disregards the Terminator 3 storyline, though not completely which doesn't really bother me too much as I didn't consider Terminator 3 a real sequel to no. 2 anyway :) TSCC carries on where Terminator 2 left off, and theres another Terminator after John Connor, but this series so far focuses on Sara, John and a female Terminator in stopping Skynet from being built.

Entourage

My boyfriend watches that. And Stargate Atlantis on Sci-Fi.

He says he'll get me DVD sets of both series so we can enjoy it together, but I declined...it's just a ploy to control the clicker when we're married.

EDIT: OOOPS. On the phone now, my bf is raking me over the coals. It's BATTLESTAR GALACTICA! Not Stargate. :p

Miami Vice and Highlander.

Talk about wierd dreams. I'm dreaming of Immortals in pastel linen suits beheading each other with speedboats.

:lol: I actually downloaded most of the episodes of Miami Vice off emule, it was good quality and I didn't mind the swedish subs :) I was a toddler when it used to come on tv but my dad said it was really popular in the 80's here in the UK and I should imagine elsewhere, men used to wear loafers with no socks like Crockett :lol:

I got season 1 and 2 on DVD, and I am looking to get the rest soon. Very flashy series.

:lol: I actually downloaded most of the episodes of Miami Vice off emule, it was good quality and I didn't mind the swedish subs :) I was a toddler when it used to come on tv but my dad said it was really popular in the 80's here in the UK and I should imagine elsewhere, men used to wear loafers with no socks like Crockett :lol:

I got season 1 and 2 on DVD, and I am looking to get the rest soon. Very flashy series.

Loafers without shoes is a great look. Seriously, Miami Vice is not a TV show, it's a way of life...a state of mind.

Anyone know what watch Crockett wore? I think it was an Ebel Chrono with an El Primero movement. For years I thought it was a gold Daytona.

Well, gold Rolex, certainly. ;)

miami2.jpg

Yes, I know about the 18k Day/Date on Presidential bracelet with champagne dial. I believe that started appearing on/off from Season 2 onwards. I know he wore several, but it is the Chrono that really looks the business. There was a really good closeup of the Ebel chrono in one episode but after watching MV straight for nearly 3 weeks, it kinda knocks you sideways and all the stories sort of blur into each other so I'm not even going to try and find a screenshot.

Edited by The Mentalist

Well, gold Rolex, certainly. ;)

miami2.jpg

It's lookin' like a President bracelet.

I'm loving Dexter these days...great show. I really like the dark humour and latino vibe...fun!

I really like Spooks too...MI5 to the North American folks. That's a good edgy spy show...The Unit is fun as well...guns and covert ops...but with feeling. :D

BTW: If you are into adventure shows, check out "Everest - Beyond the Limit"! If you can't get the re-plays, check your local Library, they should have it soon on DVD, if not you could order it online:

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/evere...restbeyond.html ---- its one heck of a show:

My all time favorite was Deadwood.....and I was crushed when it was over....

for now:

Curb your Enthusiasm, Boston Legal, ER, and Two and a Half Men.......awaiting the next seasdon of Survivor!

deadwood shoud have lasted longer what great series.

thewire i must ad is one of the all time best series.

also have coud i forget to add the long going prison series OZ man that was good :D

Right on Dani, I have watched The Wire religiously..I've seen every season, and it seems to get better and better each season..Also forgot to mention 24, I have every season box set but I must say it's getting old. It's the same thing every episode, the first 2 seasons were the best but I must say I wasn't thrilled with the last season..Same thing with Entourage, getting played out and repetitive if you ask me