When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Small photoshoot

old skool

Great watch, excellent photography!!

Thanks. I love this watch. I was looking all over for a quality big pilot homage and this fit the bill nicely. Of course if you are willing to go Chinese instead of Swiss and you want to save a chunk of change, you can always go with Ticino. Their new case design is much better. Or if you want to spend a good bit more, you can pick up an Azimuth Jagdbomber.

Great work!

I'm starting to look for your posts in hopes of great photos. I really enjoyed seeing your PVD pam shots in another thread and it gave me a new interest in Pams...and I'm not a Pam fan. So, you've done well, Old Skool.

I consider myself somewhat of a photographer and I used to post "outdoor" shots of my past collection (on RW1). I think I'll have to get back into the game. I miss doing this.

Thumbs up.

Great work!

I'm starting to look for your posts in hopes of great photos. I really enjoyed seeing your PVD pam shots in another thread and it gave me a new interest in Pams...and I'm not a Pam fan. So, you've done well, Old Skool.

I consider myself somewhat of a photographer and I used to post "outdoor" shots of my past collection (on RW1). I think I'll have to get back into the game. I miss doing this.

Thumbs up.

Thanks for the compliment. I really LOVE taking photos... I have always been into it. Since I got a nice digi cam I have really been getting back into it. I have also started to really enjoy taking still shots of watches... I have so many pictures. Maybe I will post a few here soon. Some are better than others. But there is nothing wrong with learning and getting better.

Thanks. I love this watch. I was looking all over for a quality big pilot homage and this fit the bill nicely. Of course if you are willing to go Chinese instead of Swiss and you want to save a chunk of change, you can always go with Ticino. Their new case design is much better. Or if you want to spend a good bit more, you can pick up an Azimuth Jagdbomber.

I agree, I have a Ticino on the way next week, just for a test drive though. If the style suits me the Debaufre pilot is the one to go with.

I agree, I have a Ticino on the way next week, just for a test drive though. If the style suits me the Debaufre pilot is the one to go with.

I just met up with a watch guy locally who has a Ticino in white dial. I held it and tried it on. It looks nice.

Compared to the Debaufre, it isn't as nice. It is also thinner, so there could be some concern of the large crown digging into your wrist depending on how thick of a strap you use. There isn't a lot of lume on the white dialed version just FYI. I think the people to buy Ticino from in my experience is sizzlinwatches. They have a website and are on Ebay. They will give good prices if you contact them and have great customer service. Sometimes they are liquidating out older stock for less money. I would personally go for the newest Ticino big pilot. I prefer the hands, lume and case design. Pricing is more like $120-150 though instead of ~$75.

His is the older style

Here are some pics of his watch:

e244b37286d55092ec56507e065d9097.jpg

56cce29a5363da581dd0a41813f4ef7e.jpg

Sorry I don't have any side by side comparison pictures. Must have been due to all the beer. ;)

Edited by old skool