When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

100th Post Later with $100

Guest asad

Hi,

I wanted to unveil to you all today, something i have been working on for the past month.

It feels like it has been a long time searching high and low, looking for the best bargain on "Good" quality parts to making my own PAM Homage

(Thank you all who helped, making this possible)

The outcome, Personally came out better than expected,

"I had set a personal goal to not go over $100 to making it all come though"

(Guess i could have cheated, by just buying a cheap homage for that much, But heck that would have taken out all the fun!)

Any how this is the break down of the cost related to the Parts:

Ingredients

Movement: $25

Case + Crown Guard: $15

Case Back: $15

Crown: $15

Dial + Hands: $15

Strap: $10

The supplier of the case; provided me with all the screws, strap tube, silicon seal within that cost.

(So it all started out in my backyard on my drawing table) Hell with the sanitized surface, and surgical gloves!

DSC050615.jpg

To all who question why i am doing this? the answer is simple.

LOL, To making a simple watch even more simpler without all the crapping text. J.K

"Its out of love for watches" It only took 15min, so no time wasted. HA!

In 10 easy steps on how i put all this together.

This tutorial is very basic and surfaces on putting together your own PAM homage.

"For the newbs, i hope this tutorial takes some frustration out, As this is the easiest watch to assemble"

Heck its a first for me.

So to Begin

First: Put the minute gear in place.

DSC05065.jpg

Second: Putting the dial onn (there are alot of holes in the movement, put the dial feet in the whole that aligns to the screw on the side)

DSC05068.jpg

Third: Putting the hands on (The hands i received did not need tooth picks, they easily and tightly snapped into place without much effort)

DSC0507745.jpg

Fourth: Put the movement with dial and hands into the case. (Be careful as you need to align the crown stem perfectly into the case)

DSC05091.jpg

Fifth: Mount the movement to the case.

IMG_0124copy.jpg

Sixth: Don't forget to put the seal in place (As it may save the watch from water getting inn)

DSC05097.jpg

Seventh: Screw the case back on

DSC05101.jpg

Eighth: Screw the crown in place (You may need to adjust the length of the crown stem to making the crown fit flush perfect, and don't file it too short, as you may not be able to pull it out to adjusting time)

DSC05106.jpg

Ninth: Put the Crown Guard on (There are two screws that hold the crown guard in place, One is accessible only when the lever is up, and second is easily noticeable.

DSC053294.jpg

Tenth: Put the strap onn, (Before screwing the strap inn, please don't forget to put in the strap tubes as they will help the straps longevity from ripping over time)

DSC05141.jpg

WOO, I think i messed up, I had intended making a 112 Homage but turned out to be a 219.

DSC05154.jpg

Love the distressed leather strap, feels as soft as cotton!

DSC05158.jpg

Wrist Shot

(OH well i have never worn a watch on my right arm, Feels a bit awkward) "No" i am not Gay!

DSC05177.jpg

Lume, Damn, i think, i might have spilled the C1....

DSC05211.jpg

Then comes the alter ego (This is not part of the $100)

(Dial by DVN'S; Modded to remove the enamel which said Panerai Luminor B.S) J.K

DSC05335s.jpg

Wrist Shot, that feels more like it!

DSC05352.jpg

The Lume Shot (Doesn't look like a Panerai, Guessing i am too used to the numbers glowing)

DSC05360bfed.jpg

The Double Wristy (Damn this shot was soo hard, that i had to bite the camera to take it) J.K

Yinang.jpg

Thank You for checking all this out, I know it maybe alot to swallow in one go.

For all who might be interested. I had bought most of those parts in Bulk to making it under $100.

So practically i can make 10 of these. (Picture shows some of the parts that have taken over my keyboard compartment)

DSC05023.jpg

Please post as i know there are alot of dealers that make great Pam Homage's and i would not like to interfere in there business.

But i can easily make some as dead give away or have a raffle... Please, Post here on what would you all like?

Thank

You

-Asad

For all who might be interested. I had bought most of those parts in Bulk to making it under $100.

I was going to say, what a phenomenal price you paid for all those parts, Asad!

But i can easily make some as dead give away or have a raffle... Please, Post here on what would you all like?

Wow, all this knowledge, and you are adding a generous offer at that. Great stuff! Thank you enormously for the effort.

You are part of the reason that makes RWG zing! :tu:

P.S.: And of course, congrats on 100 posts. :)

great photos man and a fun little post, there are a couple of points like pointed out above, setting the hands to 12 and i would have attached the crown to the stem before fitting the case back so that it can be adjusted for length and then secured. Wahat thei post does show with great aplomb is that a great looking watch can by built with out great cost and a pile of tools, it is not beyond the reach of any one!

Asad! Ur da man! Great job....although I'll also suggest, for the noobs, not to forget to and grease the rubber o-rings on the case on on the tube or crown, wherever its located! But great job. I'm so interested on your source for all of this and your parts lists and pricing. Please show us or PM me if you have time!!!! Thanks!

I was going to say, what a phenomenal price you paid for all those parts, Asad!

Yea that might have had some heads spinning as i quoted those prices before i said that they were bought in Bulk.

Wow, all this knowledge, and you are adding a generous offer at that. Great stuff! Thank you enormously for the effort.

You are part of the reason that makes RWG zing! :tu:

P.S.: And of course, congrats on 100 posts. :)

Thank You for such kind words

Wow Asad thanks for sharing! I always think that handling those watch movements is a very difficult task but looks like you are making me think twice! I believe you derived great satisfaction from making your own watches! ;)

THANK YOU!!

Thank You for such kind words, Yes it is a great amount of satisfaction to wear what you put together, Unlike the food a person makes that he himself can not eat.

What a great post!

Posts like this makes me more and more comfort experimenting with my cheaper reps.

I'm about to crack open an old Omega fantasy watch right away.

Thank You for such kind words, I am greatful that it helped you instill confidence in doing small projects yourself.

very very impressive...

if there is a raffle for one of those 112 homage's sign me up...

is the lume included in that $ ;)

Thank You for such kind words; I will let you all know about the raffle as soon as i poll it myself to find out what you would like. Yes the C1 Lume is included in that price.

Great tutorial. Thanks!

You may want to set the hands to 12 next time ;)

Thanks for letting me aware of that.

great photos man and a fun little post, there are a couple of points like pointed out above, setting the hands to 12 and i would have attached the crown to the stem before fitting the case back so that it can be adjusted for length and then secured. Wahat thei post does show with great aplomb is that a great looking watch can by built with out great cost and a pile of tools, it is not beyond the reach of any one!

Thank You for such kind words, thanks for letting me aware of the Crown being put on with stem, I did not look for any tutorials myself to making all this possible. It was more like me back in the day putting together LEGO's.

Awesome photo tutorial :1a: The watch looks awesome :1a:

Out of curiousity, what was the source for the strap?

Thank You for such kind words, The strap was found on T.Z from a seller who i think had made it himself as it does not have any markings on. and wore it quite often but sold it due to that he did not have any watch any longer that it would fit on to for a very minimal throw away price.

Great post.. I do prefer the white dial as well.. The black seems like something is missing (the text maybe? :p )

Thank You for such kind words, But i have to say LOL.

very impressive bro

Asad! Ur da man! Great job....although I'll also suggest, for the noobs, not to forget to and grease the rubber o-rings on the case on on the tube or crown, wherever its located! But great job. I'm so interested on your source for all of this and your parts lists and pricing. Please show us or PM me if you have time!!!! Thanks!

Thank You for such kind words; Well since I am in Arizona it feels already like summer and the seal was automatically being greased with the sweat on my fingers, LOL. Yes but deffiney a good point. The parts were sourced from some factory in China Directly, It was out of curiosity that i ran into a perfect contact locally who has great cummunication in the watch world and travels East quite frequently.

fun post asad -- i really enjoyed it :victory:

btw, i'd be interested in where you sourced an asian swan neck movement for $25 :o PM me if you'd rather not post it here...

deltatahoe

Thank You for such kind words, The parts were sourced from some factory in China Directly, It was out of curiosity that i ran into a perfect contact locally who has great cummunication in the watch world and travels East quite frequently.

What part of AZ? I have family in Tucson! Plan to retire there someday!!! Enjoy the heat while I freeze my b@#$a!!!

Well it must be a small world as i am in Tucson as well. Holla at me if your in T-town, we can have a get together over coffee or something.

Edited by asad

Great tutorial, Well done you!!!

Gives me a bit more cofidence to take my watches apart. If your running a raffle, count me in!!

Thanks, I am great full that it effected you confidence, I can assure you it is easy. I will let you know about the Raffle.

Thanks for the tutorial, Asad, I am sure it is going to make many members less scared about putting their hands on their watches' inside.

Btw, did you really use your fingers to put movement parts in place? No pliers? No fear of removing some oil from the movement and/or leaving there some grease from your skin?

May I also ask you how did you managed to remove text from the dial? That is something that I often tried but I never was successful at it.

On a side note, I too prefer assembling the stem to the crown before putting it into the watch.

@bazz & fxrandy: what's the point to set the hands @ 12 on a non-date movement?

It is so the minute and hour hands line up correctly, if you look at the black dial watch the hands are out. The hour hand is at around a quarter past three and the minute is about a ten to, so when the hour hand reaches 12 the minute will be around 12:30. You cant randomly stick them back on and hope they line up perfectly.

Thanks for the tutorial, Asad, I am sure it is going to make many members less scared about putting their hands on their watches' inside.

Btw, did you really use your fingers to put movement parts in place? No pliers? No fear of removing some oil from the movement and/or leaving there some grease from your skin?

May I also ask you how did you managed to remove text from the dial? That is something that I often tried but I never was successful at it.

On a side note, I too prefer assembling the stem to the crown before putting it into the watch.

Thanks, Yes i just used my fingers (Though i washed my hands before i did all this) LOL