When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Potential Scam Over At TRC...All Forums Be Warned!

DuDro

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very interesting... He had an ad for some Rolex Daytona's that he was advertising with SWISS 7750's. The price was around $400 so of course I PM'd him and asked if this was in fact the correct price. He replied almost instantly stating that it was.

I asked for his Paypal info and he said he didnt use Paypal.

I received 4 PM's in the next two days asking for me to sedn payment via WU... I finally wrote back and said I didnt feel comfortable doing that. He sent two more PM's telling me WU was perfectly safe.

I guess I made the right decision!!!

Yup! you did good thing to rollback.

so I'll go with my classic:

"come here my little boy...come here" :fishing1:

it was a good thing that this was brought to the attention of all members...

my opinion is that now we should wait a couple of days until C (eventually) comes up and clarifies the situation...

Lately I've read a lot of post about potential scams that in the end finished like a positive deals with small complications that always can appear...

so before everybody screams scam...let's wait!

On the bright side, I had a couple of emails with Crippler about two weeks ago. On one watch, he said he couldn't get, the other was priced too high to take a chance with him. He understood and thanked me. Now, if he was simply out to scam, I'm sure he would have lowered his price or found the Flat-Six I was looking for.

On the bright side, I had a couple of emails with Crippler about two weeks ago. On one watch, he said he couldn't get, the other was priced too high to take a chance with him. He understood and thanked me. Now, if he was simply out to scam, I'm sure he would have lowered his price or found the Flat-Six I was looking for.

A silver lining can always be found! :p

Still waiting, praying, and hoping...I want my Chronofighter! :lol:

Good news - I just got a PM from Crippler on repgeek saying not to worry he will sort it all out.

Man - I am reliefed that it might be false alarm afert all. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Doesn't sound too positive to me, something isn't right.

Well obviously I hope you are wrong about that. But didn't anybody else get a PM from him?

I was hoping to hear a lot more by now....

shipping still has not resumed .. packages being sent out are still being "processed" as mail service is still backed up.. tracking should.. and I use this term loosely ...begin with dispatch in the next 2 or 3 day's if the past years are any indication it should be another week before we start recieving anything from China

Hope everything works out for you DD.. but thanks for the heads up

Good news - I just got a PM from Crippler on repgeek saying not to worry he will sort it all out.

Man - I am reliefed that it might be false alarm afert all. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bryan Pannel (aka BASE) was acting similar to this. (veterans here Iam sure they remember BASE)

Dont trust untill you see thinks resolved.

The only experience I've had with C is a half hour long yahoo messaging conversation with him about watches, then about Sweden, as I lived there for several years. C was very friendly, and our conversation, particularly about Sweden became very detailed. Enough, where I felt comfortable in believing that he is who he says he is - a dealer in Sweden. I decided to proceed with ordering from him, but ultimately, it didn't work out for me because of issues with my WU account. He suggested going to a local WU agent. I meant to do that, but just never got around to it.

Proceed with caution, but there may yet be a reasonable explanation.

The only experience I've had with C is a half hour long yahoo messaging conversation with him about watches, then about Sweden, as I lived there for several years. C was very friendly, and our conversation, particularly about Sweden became very detailed. Enough, where I felt comfortable in believing that he is who he says he is - a dealer in Sweden. I decided to proceed with ordering from him, but ultimately, it didn't work out for me because of issues with my WU account. He suggested going to a local WU agent. I meant to do that, but just never got around to it.

Proceed with caution, but there may yet be a reasonable explanation.

When Crippler first signed on to TRC, he introduced himself as living in Spain...Did he move to Sweden since November?

I posted a warning here when the Graham Chronofigher was released, and he was selling at an unbelievably low price - the photos he used were stolen from Bernard Watch (a gen watch site), and the Asian 21J Graham he later posted (at the hugely inflated cost of $180) had photos stolen from a rep at cqout.com. He sounded ok via email, but Bryan Pannel also seemed nice to deal with before he stole my money.

Stolen photos, too-good-to-be true prices and now the dealer falling silent has all of the signs of a good 'ol scam. Lets hope he comes through and nobody loses any money over this.

He is not from Sweden but has relatives there, he lives in Spain. At least one of his suppliers lives in Sweden also.

I guess his relatives are picking up the funds for him. His WU information was for him in Orebro, Sweden. I do hope this doesn't get any worse... :(

I really don't know what to make of this guy. I first contacted him in regards ti his swiss Breitling Blackbird. His pictures indicated that the movement was in fact an asian 7750, and as the Blackbird has seconds at the 3:00 position, a swiss 7750 was an impossibility. After some back and forth with his manufacturer he finally conceded that he had made an error. He also informed me that the Flat Six I was interested in was unavailable. He continued to email me occasionally, asking my opinion on watches that he was considering to offer. He even sent pictures of samples, but the movements never matched what he was talking about. For instance, one was a Cartier Pasha that he said contained an asian 7750. The pics clearly showed some POS asian movement.

Now, why was this guy doing this?

Later, I noticed that he was offering a Navitimer with swiss 7753 in his sales section. It definitely was the generic asian 7750 modified for a 3-6-9 configuration. At that point I kind of gave up on the guy.

Now either this guy was scamming from day one (but why all the dialogue?), or he has been fed a line by some asian supplier, and has now been left holding the bag.

Now either this guy was scamming from day one (but why all the dialogue?), or he has been fed a line by some asian supplier, and has now been left holding the bag.

I'm pretty sure that this is Harold Hill in River City, without the happy ending.