When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So what are you ordering/planning to order?

rek001

I'd like to know what watches people are thinking about or have on order now that CNY is over.

I was going to wait and see what new watches will be introduced, nothing is really floating my canoe right now.

But I was enticed by swidivad's Pam Destro Submersible, I think I may get that one. Also, possibly a vintage Daytona.

How about you?

Maybe my first ETA Rolex DJ but I do not know about the flaws because these watches are so unpopular here??

You will find that the latest versions of the Datejust are very close to the gens. As a suggestion, you might go to an AD and find a model variation that you like and then look for the rep.

I ordered and just received a TT GMT Master II from Joshua with jubilee bracelet. It is the lastest case design unlike the photo on his site. Beautiful watch and superb service from Joshua.

Edited by jdavis

2006 IWC Cousteau Diver on order from Silix...we'll see how it looks on my skinny wrists. The vintage updated Daytona 37mm manual with fixed-6 is calling too...not too accurate with the big Coronet (which actually matches a gen vintage Rollie I have) and the symmetrical chrono pushers...but you have to admit it has some serious under-stated style.

While I was in my "research phase" I hardly ever saw a watch I didn't want to order. I need to be a lot more picky now though, if I am ever going to dethrone the mighty UPO from my wrist. My Fiddy is out for a re- relume, and the big Omega is in charge 'till it gets back.

So right now, I'm waiting for:

Rubber strap, 45mm PO dial, and Bond lighter from Jay

A whole bunch of shiny toys from Bobo (cufflinks, keychains, and pens)

And a TON of fashion reps from this wholesale "guy" my old boss knows in Guangzhou. (jeans, shirts, sunglasses, ties, polos, underwear, scarves, belts, and the infamous Hublot box)

Oh, almost forgot. I scored a dubious vintage watch from fleabay... more on this later.

I still want:

An Ice Bang, but I think I will have to try one on before I order it.

A Bond Sub on NATO--maybe I would never wear it but as a fan I feel it's a must-have.

Some kinda blue Omega. I wish the Big Size came in blue, I would be all over that.

Just got back to forum, I hate when Fri. PM work deadlines get in the way of reading my beloved forum.

Great posts, guys! Makes things a bit more optimistic around here, good to see that people are shopping.

Keep 'em coming.

@Vic - the Silix Daytonas, silix-prime or from his watchsilix site?

I'm thinking of getting one from Tonyxkf, working japanese chrono for about $100.

For me, watches are like gambling. Quit while you're ahead. The majority of mine are still working, I have ten, so that's about enough. For me, its all about the fashion accessories. Come march, I'm planning to get some new Armanis, cufflinks, briefcase, and so on... keychain.. wallet... I can't wait.

Right now I'm looking for a nice pair of sunglasses.

I think my last watch purchase was about six months ago. Since then I've put more priority on The Zigmeister service for a few of my favorite 7750s, and some AR. Plus I bought a new car and just had all of the wood floors in my house refinished, so I feel like taking a breather from spending money.

When I do buy my next watch, it will probably be a gold-plated model -- a Mont Blanc, IWC, or Chopard are candidates, but I'm not in any particular rush, so I'll wait to see what new models come out in the next few months.

Yesterday I ordered my first Daytona rep- a Paul Newman Cosmograph type from deep in the heart of China.

Got rep subs. GMT's, Datejusts, Air Kings and even a Cellini.

I think it will be a fun watch if it works at all.

Carl

I have recently bought my 1st serious rep (SMP Chrono) and it has sparked an addiction that I kind of thought it would. I have just ordered the Seamaster GMT (swiss eta), a Panerai Luminor Marina (Asian 21J) and a Planet Ocean with rubber strap (swiss ETA). After that I intend to finish off my collection with a Asian 21j Sub and a IWC Cousteau Chrono. I am preparing myself for the wrath of the wife :(.

I would just like to say also, thanks to this forum as without it I would have almost certainly been scammed. I even fell for the fake rep review sites. I browsed here for about a month before purchasing my SMP Chrono from Silix and I am in love with it.

I have recently bought my 1st serious rep (SMP Chrono) and it has sparked an addiction that I kind of thought it would. I have just ordered the Seamaster GMT (swiss eta), a Panerai Luminor Marina (Asian 21J) and a Planet Ocean with rubber strap (swiss ETA). After that I intend to finish off my collection with a Asian 21j Sub and a IWC Cousteau Chrono. I am preparing myself for the wrath of the wife :(.

Hah hah...buy her one too and you'll be fine!