When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whats your favourite breed of dogs?

DemonSlayer

Labs, hands down. They love kids, they love you, they're unbelievably loyal, they're big enough to scare the crap out of someone coming close to your house in the middle of the night (had it happen). The English Lab, white, black, or, brown, are smaller but more stocky, but, sweet and loving. The Eastern US Lab gets to be about 75 pounds, give or take 20 pounds depending on breeding. Western Labs are HUGE. I wouldn't want one of those simply because they can get up to 130 pounds. All in all, they're sweet, sweet dogs. My grand kids ride mine, Murphy, and he just strolls along letting them sit on his back. They also lay on top of him and he never moves. He seems to enjoy it as much as they do.

I like them all!

I have a Shiba which is quite a character and a great little friend. B)

1030396resampled3pc.png

10404104ak.jpg

Shiba Inu's are handsome dogs... in Hawaii they tend to shed a lot due to the warm climate... most of the asian breeds share the same tail shape and some the black tongue..

I really am not partial to any one breed.. along the years I've enjoyed setters,... pugs... shar-peis ... poi dogs (what in Hawaii we call ,..mix breed) ... but i rather not associate with the toy poodle crowd... <_< .. or any dogs that have to be carried all the time.. and sent to the doggy parlor for grooming.. any dog that needs more hair styling than my ex wife...; well nuff said

gotta love boxers!!

1000739lt6.jpg

cablue006ni4.jpg

amazing dogs many people think my amstaff is a boxer :)

Great dogs whit alot of charm.

Couldnt agree more Dani..I really hate all the bad press pitbulls have gotten recently..My pit is the sweetest thing ever and she wouldnt harm a fly, unless somone is trying to attack me or something like that (luckily i've never been in that situation before) but i would imagine she would take a bullet for me if it were to ever come down to that... or if i'm petting another dog she gets very jelous and protective..She's my wittle baby :D

dogsub.jpg

Very nice dog :)

I must disagree somewhat on the media coverage in the US becasue either way you see it pitbulls have a laarge quantity of bad owners so bad stuff happens, police get attacked by pitbulls in gettos and such also kids get mauled by pitbulls that runs from yards where getto scums like that sport dude Michal Vic have fighting dogs..

Ads i have said before give pitbull as much good owners as a breed like Golden retriver has and you will never read about them in the media NEVER.

But like in my country where pitbulls and amstaffs got banned and writen about in media for no reason,then we can complain on bad covrage just to scare people..Their has never been a episode in Norway where a pitbull or amstaff has seriuos hurt a human.

300208810.jpg

Chihuahuas!

Here's my two boys.

Chachi on the left and Spunky on the right.

301556365.jpg

299278855.jpg

How could I say no to this little guy?

299154545.jpg

299154541.jpg

:)

I love those little dogs, i woud buy one if i had a nice house in the country going around whit a amstaff and a chi, contrast people yee :)

I would like to add a personal story about Pit bulls if I could?

Now before we begin, I agree it's all in how you raise them, but please be warned some dogs need more training than others.

I know it's probally my own fault but,

A few years ago after the death of my faithfull Shep mix, I decided to go adopt a puppy.

I was told that the little pup was a Terrier mix. Probally a Rat Terrier mix.

Well the little guy turned into a full blown Pit Bull. Scared the neighbors, was very hard to train, basically a Bad Dog.

He was so cute, but a total spaze, allways biting us, shreding the place up. Didn't listen at all, maybe he was retarded, I'm not sure. Like he had dog A.D.D.

It was like he was from Hell.

It broke my heart but I made the decision that he was too much for me to handle.

So back to the Shelter we go. I was a reck but I knew he was more than I could commit to.

Thats when they tell me that they don't take Pit Bulls! That they will distroy him if I leave him!

This is the same place I got him from!

It took me a long time to find a spot for him in a shelter that said they would try to adopt him.

I hope he found a home that could care for him better than I. Hopefully he didn't get put down.

I'm still really messed up and heart broken over this.

so please just make sure you find a breed that matches your life style.

Maybe most Pit Bulls are wonderfull, mine wasn't. Also think about how other are going to preceive your dog.

If your into having a scarry dog that frightens people then thats up to you.

I know where I live Pit Bulls have to have a muzzel on when their out doors.

Just something to consider is all.

So now I have my two Chihuahuas. I love them so much. The first one I adopted from a couple, was allready trained. A year later we bought the Chihuahua puppy. There a much better match for us.

They are good little watch dogs, sleep a lot, cost little to feed, keep us warm at night, don't require much excercise and keep us laughing all day long.

I can give you 4 storys about rottweilers and 12 of other breeds just in my own personal experince that are bad, but i dont as i now its just the owners fault not the breed itself.

My amstaff has been attacked by other dogs 3 times,you read corect 3times my mother walked my dog each time and got biten by the other dog each time.

Little funny my mom got biten in the first 3 months of each year since 2005 so we hope for a better year in 2008 :lol:

@solchitlins.. the dog was probably abused or mistreated in someway before you got him.. could be a number of things .. inbreeding ... etc.

Yupp.

sany0276gy7.jpg

Staffordshire bullterrier is the sh!t.

Staffs rocks one of the best breeds in the world :)

Very nice dog.

I agree with you completely Dani. I know that its all in the training. Most of these guys get those dogs because they want to show off and try to look like someone you shouldn't mess with, or their dog will attack you. It wouldnt suprise me if they actually train their dogs to do this.

I'm all for training dogs to become guard dogs, and thats one of the reasons I will take into consideration when I choose the breed of dog I will buy. Your pitbull looks really cute, (but also I know that it shouldn't be messed with :lol:) I think I will look more into the breed you mentioned. Do you know what breed of pitbull is in that picture I showed?

I think its strange to see people train pitbulls as guard dogs their is over 40 other breeds that is 10times easyer to train for that job.

I now alot of breeders all over the world and most in the states uses other breeds to guard their yards.

The first pic is a amstaff from a Dutch Kennel, second pic is my own amstaff he is 6years old.

Here is one of my fav amstaffs of all times Kamikaze.

kamikazerr2.jpg

My Male:

p1010030li2.jpg

p1010003zl9.jpg

Female:

thea4uv8.jpg

I had German sheperds when i was a child, nice dogs if breed good :) we had to put ours down becasue of diseas :(

Cheers,

Dani

I have to stand with Lani on what he said.

Any dog that may be greviously harmed by me stepping on it is out of the question.

Showt of that I love all dogs.

Have a female Beagle at the moment named Mocha. Had a Beagle b4 that by the name of Zorro (was a rescue).

Mocha is a bit pig headed, Zorro was the best buddy anyone could have asked for.

As for my stand on pits...

I have met more friendly pitbulls in my life than friendly people.

AND a dog can be bad natured just as a person can be bad natured, I don't beleive it has anything to do with the race, but more with the training and or the natural disposition of that particular dog.

I have had a Collie and a German Shepherd and both were intelligent, even tempered dogs. Both nice dogs and were good around people and children. The Shepherd was something else when it came to learning things. He was spooky smart sometimes and was very easy to train . Ingo was male Shepherd had the same coloration and coat as the dog in this photo and he was a very big dog coming in over a 110 lbs.

Ingo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This trio of bucktooth hound dogs from Virginia, are all thinking at the same time....."You shore got a purdy mouth" The object of their affection

remains a mystery. ;)

cid002101c88480a6d6e280sk9.jpg

I'm going to have to go with the Pug. I miss my Zoe. One day I'll have another one!

pug0707.jpg

Dun be a pug! :lol:

And is that a Chav leash I see there ? ;)

• 1 month later...

We are lovers of Italian Greyhounds!! Incredibly fun breed...once you get them housebroken! They sleep under the covers right between your legs, which seems weird, but when I'm out of town and they aren't with me at bedtime, I miss 'em!

Sasha & Bruno

CIMG1919.jpg