When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whats your favourite breed of dogs?

DemonSlayer

I've always wanted a dog since I can remember, but mum and dad said NO! :lol:

I must admit, I am uncomfortable around dogs most of the time, especially the more 'dangerous' breeds that some owners seem to just unleash and let them wander about :) However I think dogs in general are such lovely animals. I definitely want to get one one day and I would say at the moment I like the German Shepherd (Alsation)

ryancallie16.jpg

^^^ Aww aint that cute :wub:

I also like Pitbulls:

life1.jpg

I think when properly trained they would be a good pet ;)

The majority of youths who want to look 'hard' often have pitbulls (I think) Rottweilers and Dobermans, in the UK at least. I'm not very good with names for breeds so I may be mistaken. In the US I think pitbulls are more popular with the 'hard' guys.

rottweiler.jpgk-ninedobie.jpg Rottweiller

Doberman-Pinschers.jpg

Dobermans

That pit you have pic of is the new trend now whit all the low life getto scums around in the US, the euro scene still holds to the true build of a pitbull/amstaff and not that mix betwen a wild boar and a pitbull.

My fave breed is easy pitbulls/amstaff, if pitbulls had the amount of kind owners as let say golden retriver you woud NEVER read about them in the media.

you ask why its my fav breed

Ok let start

Healthy dog both in mind and body.

Good around people but also good as guard dog just based on the breed name, you feel safe until the robber thakes out snack then its over :lol:

Good size.

Short fur.

Easy to train.

And when they look like this

chicagodz1.jpg

img0351smallhc9.jpg

I feel sorry for the people that are brainwhased by the media when it comes to pitbulls, i think this people are the same type of people that tought the Iraq war was a good idea.

these are really old pics .. of koa and pua.. my shar-peis

Koa past about a year and a half ago .. and pua left us early .. but they were joined at the hip .. and were with me 24/7 .. they took care of "me" for a long time

they were 3 months old in these pics.. koa's sire was a grand champion .. pua's was a state champ.. but to me they were just family

post-2172-1204169006_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1204169049_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1204169127_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1204169152_thumb.jpg

thanks for posting this.. brings back good memories :D

Couldnt agree more Dani..I really hate all the bad press pitbulls have gotten recently..My pit is the sweetest thing ever and she wouldnt harm a fly, unless somone is trying to attack me or something like that (luckily i've never been in that situation before) but i would imagine she would take a bullet for me if it were to ever come down to that... or if i'm petting another dog she gets very jelous and protective..She's my wittle baby :D

dogsub.jpg

WOW Lani!! Those are some incredibly cute pups!

hey .. it's not the dogs it's the "people' raising them that make them what they are...

I carry a huge bag of biscuts with me and have friends all over the place.. boxers ..pit bulls... they look forward to me visiting each morning before the sun comes up... one owner asked me not to do that .. his dogs were becoming too friendly ...lol

@ UB.. they did eventually grow into their skin somewhat .. they were great babe magnets..haha .. strange they couldn't wait to get into the vet's .. wierd.. they got so excited every visit.... I'm laughing out loud at your collar...

Thanks friend! Hehe :D My dog hates the vet..She shakes and gives the vetenerain a very hard time. It took me awhile to get the watch to stay on her neck while I took the picture, and I actually just replaced her old collar with some bling bling coach so she looks a bit more feminine. For people who dont own dogs they are really missing out. The unconditional love is really an amazing thing, and when im gone for 20 minutes she greets me as if I were gone for weeks. When i'm having a bad day, I know I can always count on her to cheer me up

hahahaa.. know what U mean UB.. they are uncondintional all the way.. when i had a bad day .. koa and pua would sense it and just come over and hang .. and give that look.. as if to say.. yah.. we know..lol

it's them that take care of us.. i was selfish with pua.. couldn't bring myself to put her down .. until one day she just gave me that look that said .. it's ok.. I'm tired and need to go... cried like a baby man.. koa sat in the drveway for what seemed like weeks all day just waiting and crying .. man i miss them.. but they were so cool..

some people just don't like animals.. must not be too happy with themselves..

haha.. I keep looking at the pic of your watch on the collar and the look on your dogs face as if to say.."ok i'm wearing it.. anything else you want to do..huh.. happy now.....boy what I have to put up with.."

I would like to add a personal story about Pit bulls if I could?

Now before we begin, I agree it's all in how you raise them, but please be warned some dogs need more training than others.

I know it's probally my own fault but,

A few years ago after the death of my faithfull Shep mix, I decided to go adopt a puppy.

I was told that the little pup was a Terrier mix. Probally a Rat Terrier mix.

Well the little guy turned into a full blown Pit Bull. Scared the neighbors, was very hard to train, basically a Bad Dog.

He was so cute, but a total spaze, allways biting us, shreding the place up. Didn't listen at all, maybe he was retarded, I'm not sure. Like he had dog A.D.D.

It was like he was from Hell.

It broke my heart but I made the decision that he was too much for me to handle.

So back to the Shelter we go. I was a reck but I knew he was more than I could commit to.

Thats when they tell me that they don't take Pit Bulls! That they will distroy him if I leave him!

This is the same place I got him from!

It took me a long time to find a spot for him in a shelter that said they would try to adopt him.

I hope he found a home that could care for him better than I. Hopefully he didn't get put down.

I'm still really messed up and heart broken over this.

so please just make sure you find a breed that matches your life style.

Maybe most Pit Bulls are wonderfull, mine wasn't. Also think about how other are going to preceive your dog.

If your into having a scarry dog that frightens people then thats up to you.

I know where I live Pit Bulls have to have a muzzel on when their out doors.

Just something to consider is all.

So now I have my two Chihuahuas. I love them so much. The first one I adopted from a couple, was allready trained. A year later we bought the Chihuahua puppy. There a much better match for us.

They are good little watch dogs, sleep a lot, cost little to feed, keep us warm at night, don't require much excercise and keep us laughing all day long.

Edited by solchitlins

Guest carlsbadrolex

I just received the AKC papers for my Rotty today. Her name is Kiana and she is 12 weeks old. She is my third rotty, and without a doubt the most intelligent and loving. My first Rotty, was also a female and was picked up the week after my oldest son (now 12) was born. I have pictures of Kaya on our bed wrapped around Brandon while he was sleeping as if he was her pup. If ANYONE but my wife or I would walk into the room, the look she would give was rather intimidating. They grew up as best friends and it was heartbreaking when she died of cancer.

Rotty's dont exactly have the best reputation here in The States, and for most of them it is justified. There is a HORRIBLE problem with back yard breeding and the mis-treatment of this large breed.

I expect that Kiana will be the largest of my dogs. Her father was at 145 when we picked her up, and mom was just under that at 125. This in itself will lead to issues later, but as far as Im concerned there is no more loyal and loving canine that a Rotty!

This week we had a guy knock at our door trying to sell us security upgrades for our house - he flashed me his brochure and got one sentence into his sales spiel when I opened the screen door and released the dog.... B)

I took it from the way he backed away and left down the driveway that he rated our existing security system quite highly. :lol:

[it's vet day today for our poor dog though - a check-up. UPDATE: He's back and he lives to attack another mailman :thumbsupsmileyanim: ]

As a kid growing up in Hawaii, people would always say don't get a black dog becuase the Filipino folks like to eat them the most and capture them from yards for barbeque. It's true. Just last month two Filipino gardeners at a Country Club golf course in Honolulu were charged with stealing a members dog, (black) who he had left in the care of the CC staff, and these guys stole, cooked and ate him. They were caught, fired and jailed of course, but something about black dogs has always given me pause to protect them from wayward diners. :o

BTW, I have a white lab/ bull terrier mix, who is a lovely dog. I have owned, a bassett hound (great dog), collie, and shepard collie mix, her name was Kanani and a real sweetheart. Dogs are without a doubt a mans best friend. "burp", jking..

That pit you have pic of is the new trend now whit all the low life getto scums around in the US, the euro scene still holds to the true build of a pitbull/amstaff and not that mix betwen a wild boar and a pitbull.

I feel sorry for the people that are brainwhased by the media when it comes to pitbulls, i think this people are the same type of people that tought the Iraq war was a good idea.

I agree with you completely Dani. I know that its all in the training. Most of these guys get those dogs because they want to show off and try to look like someone you shouldn't mess with, or their dog will attack you. It wouldnt suprise me if they actually train their dogs to do this.

I'm all for training dogs to become guard dogs, and thats one of the reasons I will take into consideration when I choose the breed of dog I will buy. Your pitbull looks really cute, (but also I know that it shouldn't be messed with :lol:) I think I will look more into the breed you mentioned. Do you know what breed of pitbull is in that picture I showed?

I used to have the most wonderful German Shepard, his name was Ralph which he would tell anyone who asked, albeit in his German accent so if you didn't listen carefully it sounded like Ruff.

His real name was something like Ralphonso Della blah blah blah and both the Dame and Sire of his litter had a long list of show victories, but there was to be none of that namy pamy stuff for my Ralph, no I taught him the finer things in life like fetching house bricks and decent sized tree stumps or when in my panel van barking at people standing at tram stops on a silent command (my mates loved that one), and most importantly how to look butch but at the same time cute to attract the chicks.

My nephew (around this time) was about three or four years old and Ralph loved this kid as much as he loved me, there was many occasions when Nicky (my nephew) came to visit on a summers day and after a nude romp under the sprinkler with Ralph would jump on his trike for a bare arsed lap of our street block but we were never concerned for his safety as one pace behind him all the way Ralph trotted along playing shotgun.........and God help anyone who approached him!

On other occasions the little lad from next door would join him for a lap and he would bring his dog and Ralph's buddy, a Great Dane, people locked their doors when the saw this troupe coming. :D

"A dragon lives forever but not so little boys

Painted wings and giant rings make way for other toys."

So what happened to the boy and his dog?

Well Kenny was getting older all the time, he fell in love, got engaged and moved out of home and although my fianc

We were raised with a Komondor, for thoes who are not familiar they are the dogs that are all white and have what look like dread locks. We did not let his hair grow long we kept it short so he did not look like the traditional mop. He was a big old boy about 34" to the withers and about 120lbs. One of the best dogs I have ever owned, he would not hurt a fly under normal circumstances but he was very protective of us. One day my sister and I were outside and a strange dog came towards us and my Komondor cleared a 5' fence to get in between us and the dog.

Now I currently have a mutt. Half Lab, Half Pit and sweet as can be although a bit hard headed at times. I also have a female Rat Terrier which is my wife's dog. We went to the pet store and the SPCA was there with dogs for adoption, she had been malnurished and was small and frail and my wife had to have her. They would not let us adopt her though because we already had a dog and supposedly she did not get along well with other dogs. I called my brother and he came and adopted her for us. As you can see there is no apparent problem with her being around other dogs. Funny as it may seem she is the alpha dog in our house.

THis is what I usually find when I get home:

225120.gif

And here they are alert and ready to play...amazing what holding a raw hide above the camera will do.

225121.gif