When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Tag Heuer Monza - unacurate quartz rep but a nice watch

Pix

Hi Folks,

I'm creating this thread as a backup of a review I wrote for RWC, before it might disappear forever... As some of you might know, RWI's sister forum is closing its doors... :cry:

There is actually a "large" choice in the Tag Heuer Monza replicas. I found at least 2 automatic (a 7750 based and a faux-chrono), and 2 different quartz models, without mentionning the dial variations. I went for the quartz for several reasons :

- I like this model, but not enough to invest too much

- the automatic model is better designed than the quartz version(s), but still not close enough to the gen

- I am still reluctant in owning too many A7750 in my collection, although I made 4 exceptions recently

- I have nothing against quartz, neither in reps nor in genuine watches.

Better to say it now : we're talking about a fantasy watch, so this review has to be taken accordingly. I belong to those who think that a rep does not need to be 100% accurate to be enjoyed. My priority is "how it looks and feels". And this Monza is definitely a sexy watch in my eyes.

A (very light) slice of History...

• 4 weeks later...

How on earth this great writeup didn't receive any replies? It was released March 13th... I have completely missed it!

I'm both amazed and ashamed at the same time.

Thanks again for your efforts...and for another great writeup Pix. I will link this to the TAG Guide.

Great review, I also missed it first time around!

The quartz Monza was actually my very first "quality" replica, bought on the streets of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 2002. :)

It was my daily beater for about a year. Actually, the inexpensive leather strap did pretty well.. A very nice watch! Slightly different from the one in the review, this is the retro "Heuer" version.

TAG-Monza_wristshot.jpg

I think I may have started it. ;) I put a link to this very nice review on Repgeek.

How on earth this great writeup didn't receive any replies? It was released March 13th... I have completely missed it!

I'm both amazed and ashamed at the same time.

Thanks again for your efforts...and for another great writeup Pix. I will link this to the TAG Guide.

• 3 weeks later...