When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can a watch be Evil? - El Skawronek 2.0

fotoman

I'm rushing out the door, but i swapped out a pvdish, black skeleton movement in el skawronek project, there was something i didn't like about the color of the gold - and its shiny ness - it looks now, totally evil - batman like - the photos don't do it justice. :)

I really need a better AR on here - the current ar is almost non-existant.

enjoy :)

es2gt7.jpg

es21fn9.jpg

I'm rushing out the door, but i swapped out a pvdish, black skeleton movement in el skawronek project, there was something i didn't like about the color of the gold - and its shiny ness - it looks now, totally evil - batman like - the photos don't do it justice. :)

es2gt7.jpg

My advice to you is don't look at this if and when you're on acid.

I'm not kidding. :o

garlic won't work on it, the watch is jewish :) but i guess, this would be a good one to push to the Transylvania market

The evil thing about it, is, in normal light, it sooo dark and you just see these dark lines that are jagged, and the glow appears to just float it has like a batman begins feel to it. hard to capture, but i'll play with some photoshop on it and try to give it the real world feel.

the AR is so needed though, cause the glare almost gives a grey hue to the dial.

I'm gettin in on cheif's current run.

I wonder if you could have some fun with it by adding something to the back crystal so you can see it underneath the movement.

Lookin' good B)

like a mirror back? interesting

only thing is bad is that with the black movement i got rid of all the reflection that was going on in there - which was then clouding up the crystal somewhat.

probably not enough clearance for an angle.but a mirror would be interesting

No, not selling - only my own project watch. It took over 400 to put together, so i think the market would be small anyway ;)

Chris - i wish i could get more black parts and or, make them all SS or Gold as opposed to the hodgepodge, but, i'm happy to get what i got. The movement came out of a watch i picked up on ebay. I saw the black movement and grabbed it cause it was rare

Its a brand called Android. I haven't been able to find another one cause someone else asked me. I'm not sure if its swiss or asian, but, i will say its much nicer than the asian movements i had in there before, the winding is much more solid the crown / time adjustment is more solid when you pull it out, it feels much more comparable to a swiss movement then your typical asians.

I got lucky, picked up the watch for 100 bucks plus shipping.

I was actually going to guess it was an Android,,,I had the same one but in blue,,,I also bought it just because I liked the color of the movement. They are going for around 200 on slopnbc. Cool project,,,:)

do you agree in better than average movement?

i know you have teh high end ones, how do they compare

thanks again for the inspiration and first movement :) i'm really enjoying this project, and have you to thank