When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Easter Weekend Wrist Check

tjul

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's beautiful! Perhaps not your Patek, but very special.

I notice you like to kit yourself out with something really classy on Friday nights, Freddy. What's the story? ;)

Thank you, but TGIF is all it is. After a long week with nose to grindstone, I generally like to dine out somewhere special on Friday nights. And I usually wear a nice watch when I am out on the town.

Today, on the other hand, I am updating accounts & wearing the good old beater

timechecks007c1.jpg

But I will probably be going out to dinner with a friend this evening. The tentatively scheduled eating hole is located directly below a high end watch dealer, so it is not at all unusual to find rarefied timepieces on the wrists of restaurant patrons. It is for that reason that I often do my watch 'test drives' at this establishment. So I will probably be wearing 1 of these

hangingdaytonas005906o1.jpg

Most likely, either this

friday0361.jpg

this

pinkjeans0091.jpg

or this

lunchhoustons2_1024a1.jpg

(note that this is not the eating establishment mentioned above)

Thank you, but TGIF is all it is. After a long week with nose to grindstone, I generally like to dine out somewhere special on Friday nights. And I usually wear a nice watch when I am out on the town.

I see.

I dine out much more frequently (don't cook), but I'm just like you and choose my watches carefully. Do you get compliments from the wait staff?

pinkjeans0091.jpg

Freddy GUESS WHAT!

At the second Church, seen above, the haul of quality timepieces was VERY IMPRESSIVE. Amongst them, I saw my very first real Daytona, however, with darker registers than yours above.

That was after the service was over, and people were milling around the Padre. The first thing that caught my eye was the SS bracelet. Then the tell-tale Daytona dial. It had a glint to it that is hard to explain. The polished finishing was amazing.

It certainly didn't look like my cheapie Silix that's for sure. How embarrassing -- I may not wear it anymore! :unsure:

A few pews ahead of me to the right, was a JFK Jr. look-a-like wearing a Breitling BCE. I tried not to look at him throughout the service, but he was one of those Brad Pitt type guys that makes sure his watch hand is always visible.

Hope I wasn't like that... -_-

A few pews ahead of me to the right, was a JFK Jr. look-a-like wearing a Breitling BCE. I tried not to look at him throughout the service, but he was one of those Brad Pitt type guys that makes sure his watch hand is always visible.

Hope I wasn't like that... -_-

I know people like that...

The one who purposely buttons his shirtcuff on the second hole (smaller diameter) so that his watch HAS to be displayed...

He who wears his watch with a few extra links that makes it no longer elegant...

She who always sits and rest her head on her arm...

...guilty as charged!

I know people like that...

The one who purposely buttons his shirtcuff on the second hole (smaller diameter) so that his watch HAS to be displayed...

He who wears his watch with a few extra links that makes it no longer elegant...

She who always sits and rest her head on her arm...

...guilty as charged!

Mea culpa too, Anton. :p

I roll up the sleeves on my left arm, exposing the watch. I play with my hair (I would anyway, I like fluffing my hair). And I often sit in "pensive mode" -- you know, with fingers on chin like Rodin's statue, or holding a pen near my cheek.

Thinking%20businesswoman.jpg

:rolleyes:

P.S.: Oh, speaking of Latin:

"Ut sementem feceris, its metes"

Semen smells when it meets your face?

@Demon: Gen?

@Dluddy: Hold that thought! :p You reminded me I promised V something.

What the hell is going on :bangin:

After a full SSD week, i always had it on my wrist this morning !!!!!

I can see the same strange behaviour with LAZ : wearing his 005, without any regrets for vintage rolies ..... ;)

IMG_2084.jpg

It's time to swap for my first addiction

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

Hahahahahahaha!!!!! VERY FUNNY, Victoria!

Actually, for those who don't know Cicero, it means: As you sow, you shall reap!

;)

Puglike, I'm going to correct you. Check the "its" again.

And now, I must go to Services again! No Church shot this time. No one likes a churchy do-gooder type in a rep forum. It's like a holy roller in a whorehouse.

But I will be looking out for Daytonas, BCEs and other goodies. There is no fashion parade in this world more luxurious, than Easter Services in Christian lands. Feels wrong somehow. -_-

I dine out much more frequently (don't cook), but I'm just like you and choose my watches carefully. Do you get compliments from the wait staff?

No verbal compliments from any wait staff. But once, several years ago, a waiter called me out on a rep I was wearing (quite embarrassing), which was the turning point for my never again wearing either a 'fantasy' watch or any rep that I knew had obvious problems. The Newmans receive unsolicited compliments almost every time I wear them, but I only wear them on special occasions and/or to places where I am likely to encounter other people wearing similarly rare and/or expensive watches

Image1-61.jpg

However, my gen Datejust 1601 receives far more compliments than all the others combined, which is 1 of the reasons I ultimately chose not to steal its 1570 for use in my DRSD even though that was the sole reason I purchased it. I often catch numerous pairs of eyes in a restaurant (including the wait staff) following my wrist movements with rather more interest than one normally gets. It is actually quite odd, but, then, the dial in this watch is not called 'The Mystery Dial' for nothing

1601jubilee0061.jpg

Freddy GUESS WHAT!

At the second Church, seen above, the haul of quality timepieces was VERY IMPRESSIVE. Amongst them, I saw my very first real Daytona, however, with darker registers than yours above.

That was after the service was over, and people were milling around the Padre. The first thing that caught my eye was the SS bracelet. Then the tell-tale Daytona dial. It had a glint to it that is hard to explain. The polished finishing was amazing.

It certainly didn't look like my cheapie Silix that's for sure. How embarrassing -- I may not wear it anymore! :unsure:

In general, I would never recommend the version of the Daytona you got, but women can wear obvious fakes with little or no loss of face. Several months ago, someone posted a thread asking whether it was appropriate to give a rep as a gift & I mentioned that I had recently given a female friend 1 of my old & very obviously fake Daytona reps & she loves & has worn it every day since (replaced a quite nice gen Swiss Army diver's watch).