When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC's new Vintage/Retro line

ubiquitous

IWC's released a new line of retro inspired pieces to commemorate their vintage pieces/heritage. The majority can be found on their website; of those pieces being released, these are amongst my favorites...

'Vintage' style Aquatimer

img_aqu_iw323101.jpg

'Vintage' style Portofino

img_portf_iw544501.jpg

Typically, I'm not much of an IWC kind of guy, but these are :wub:

I think they did a good job in keeping the spirit of the original watch... ;)

It doesn't help that the 1930s original wasn't that inspired. Of all the vintage range, this one is the least inspired. It's a plain copy of what was not IWC's high-point of design.

Is anyone else seeing the Portuguese and Pilot as being eminently reppable? They both use the Jones movement... just a case of doing the cases, dials, (and in the pilot's case, the bezel with internal 'tooth' of lume)

I would buy one of the portuguese in a second, if it were done well with proper double AR and so on.

I wear my watch on the left arm....so I wonder how much I could raise by selling my right...... :wub:

How will you put on your watch ? :lol:

Sell your legs and kidneys ;)

It doesn't help that the 1930s original wasn't that inspired. Of all the vintage range, this one is the least inspired. It's a plain copy of what was not IWC's high-point of design.

Either way...I still like it and would give b16a2's arm to buy it. Heck...I would give his 2 legs for it as well...it has a classier feel to it than the St. Exupery (I'm not a big fan of the brown dial, but I like the contrasting fonts in the original Mark IX).

• 7 months later...