When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Caution - Chieftang AR can cause damage to your watch.

RWG Technical

So, I was assembling the latest run of AR crystals into the watches...and Jennifer who does the final inspection and shipping is checking them over...polishing them, looking for lint, etc...

Jennifer picks up this one watch, and says to herself:

"WOW, this AR is amazing, I can't even tell that there is a crystal installed (you know where this is going)... I'll just give the crystal a GOOD wipe down and make sure it's all ok...ahhhhh....."

The only problem was that I hadn't installed the crystal on this particular watch... :o

So be careful with your Chieftang AR'd watch, double check that the crystal is actually in place, before you give it a polish. :)

(The watch was unharmed, slightly bent hands which were easily fixed).

RG

I am definitely going to have to get one of my pieces AR'd by chieftang (or k2222) because I am bombarded with praise about these on a daily basis... but which one??

ALL OF THEM CORGI, ALL!!! :lol:

cuz it's just a question of time that you will want to do it on ALL of your watches ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Damn and double damn. The watch I most wanted to have the chieftang AR treatment -- my Chopard GMT-- is ineligible due to being a sandwich crystal. The Zigmeister's post forces me to select another good candidate.

Greetings and best wishes to Rob, Jennifer, and the Chief.

LOL - I'll have to drop her an email and tease her about that one (this is the first time I'm seeing this thread)... Along similar lines though, I posted a pic of someone's watch - I don't remember whose - in the pics thread and he PMed me saying "Well, that particular shot was actually without the crystal." Hehe... I can't tell the difference anymore. And of course, I replaced that pic with another where there actually was a crystal installed. :p