When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG Membership Rings

KB

I don't wear rings, but i'm totally down i missed out on the RWG watch.

Its like a secret fraternity or free mason ring or something

i wonder if the engraving can be a design or are they stuck only doing letters? - ken check that out

I agree, the whole, trying to not look stupid by saying - Nice watch, then mumbling - jetmidsayswhat? can be a tuff dance.

Do we have a secret handshake as well?

can i haze the pledges?

how about a minimalist, hands at 10 and 2 design :)

80007995go6.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It can be a design instead of letters, however no design is going to say this is us as much as the Initials (or a play on them ) of our boards name.

Ken

Sorry J we all bling or none of us bling :D

Ok news just in from the factory, yes they do indeed have many different types of stones that we could use instead of the Black onyx however we need to come to an agreement on what colour stone as it wont be a case of everyone gets to pick their own colour.

They tell me they usually do ring sizes by the American standard, they are however happy to use European sizings or any other but they state we need to decide which sizings we want to work from as they don't want to be using more than one type.

Designs other than letters is fine but as I stated before the letters RWG is who we are.

Ken

I like that design from Tee Jay, looks good. And if we were voting on which mod to have the rings delivered to, I would vote Ken since he is organizing it all. (Plus that means I get mine faster too :whistling: )

Well actually I would prefer that it wasn't me as although us Aussies like to think we are the center of the universe someone in the States would be in a far better position for cheap postage to the buyers.

Ken

Gee, that's not what I heard from all the Kiwis I encountered on my recent trip, in fact they were downright sarcastic regarding the Ozzies, must be because you guys were majority of the tourists. :lol:

............... although us Aussies like to think we are the center of the universe ......................

You know I thought this would be a very popular idea but I now find I am questioning the validity of the project.

So far we have had just over 1000 members sign in today and we are still short of the half way mark and thats only expressions of interest.

In the spirit of friendship between the boards after the successful launch here I was going to offer the same thing as a fund raiser to the Admins of the other boards too, it would be a pity if we failed to get to the target only to see others do so.

Ken

Here's a tidied up rendering of the design:

rwgScan1.jpg

Here's a concept rendering of the ring with the design more prominent, and with haemetite in place of the onyx:

[Edit] I've run an embossing filter over the lettering so it would give a more true representation of how etching/engraving might look on the ring, rather than the 2D appearance of applying the design directly...

decoderringbii.jpg

Ah maybe it's my eyes but that still looks black to me. :blink:

Ken

That's the beauty of haemetite ;) It is a very dark grey/metalic crystal. That pic doesn't really capture its beauty properly. To the naked eye, it looks almost black, but with a lot of depth/reflection. Holistically speaking, it's an excellent grounding stone, and helps keep the wearer calm :)

[Edit to add]

Bean_haemetite_clear_large.jpg

5819-rogue-atomic-haemetite-tbar-image-1.jpg

PS: It's also not very expensive :)

I don't need a piece of rock to keep me calm, inner peace comes from this big red ban button on my keyboard. :D

Ken

I need to get me one of those :lol:

Asside from the stone's more mystic qualities, I'm just suggesting it as it's something a bit different to onyx, while still being a relatively 'neutral' colored stone, which goes with anything, where other stones, such as Tigers Eye, might not be quite as 'universal' :)

:Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

I just tried rotating the ring to see how it would look from an observer's perspective...

Out of the horizontal, the lettering aspect of the design just vanishes into what looks like some kind of astrological symbol. How's this for stealth?

:Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

decoderringbiirot.jpg

Very good Teejay and I should add that the person who's design is used will get their ring at cost (ie; $25), however I just got out of bed and came to check this thread to find there has not been one more interested party for this ring.....I don't think we are going to make it.

A pity really we have just had such an exceptional outpouring from the members to raise money for one of our Brothers in need, but come up with an idea to raise funds for the board no matter how cheap and we're on our own.

Ken

Can we make it limited edition and number XXX/100 to make it very exclusive?

Corgi thats not funny. <_<

I have done the hard yards on this not only to find a way to raise funds for the board but to give the members something to identify each other for as cheap as possible.

I have literally been chasing this for Months i have tried every possible variation of Titanium, Tungsten, Stainless Steel until I have realised it has to be Sterling Sliver and now I bring it to the board it is not only going to fall flat but the members wont tell me why....or what they want to make it work.

Ken