When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reduced to 125% of original cost!

giorgio

I can't believe how F*ing retarded some of the members here are. Who do they think they're kidding?

ex 1: $275 watch, plus $60 AR job, older version, (scratched and broken) VERY used = Over $500????

ex 2: $200 watch with problematic movement = "Reduced to $250" for "lucky buyer"???

Who are the morons that fall for this shi t?

Don't give me this "local availability" and less risk crap.

These are USED, FAKE watches. Threadcrapping on these guys should be MANDATORY!

I think the first reply to posts like these should always be: "Who are you F*ing kidding?

Edited by giorgio
Post edited for language and offensive content

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i always push the "funny" button when somebody makes a stupid sale request.

but it is NOT wrong for them to do it. I can take a poop in a jar and sell it for $10,000 if I want... as long as the description contains no lies then you can't really do anything about it except, like you said, warn gullible customers of being defrauded. It is unethical, but not illegal.

yes i always push the "funny" button when somebody makes a stupid sale request.

but it is NOT wrong for them to do it. I can take a poop in a jar and sell it for $10,000 if I want... as long as the description contains no lies then you can't really do anything about it except, like you said, warn gullible customers of being defrauded. It is unethical, but not illegal.

I think it's wrong that nobody ever says anything about it. I have to add that anyone who tries to sell a used Asian version of a watch for $100+ should be shot.

Re: local availability

depends on where the watch is located and where it comes from. if you are living in the EU and buy from PT you will pay 200 EURO for a watch that a US located dealer sells for 200 USD..

but sure, you don't want to hear any 'risk crap'. tell that to all the members that live in italy and other countries with strict counterfeit laws and customs..

Re: local availability

depends on where the watch is located and where it comes from. if you are living in the EU and buy from PT you will pay 200 EURO for a watch that a US located dealer sells for 200 USD..

Yeah, but you won't pay 250 euros for a USED or BROKEN version of the 200 euro watch.

Yeah, but you won't pay 250 euros for a USED or BROKEN version of the 200 euro watch.

Of course not. I was just referring to the local availability argument. I find charging more than what you would pay for new is not fair too. (Unless it is no longer available..) But you have to bear in mind the huge price differences between EU and USA..

Well as someone who's been "dooped" into buying a $450 Fiddy, with problems. I can certainly say that I could have used some helpful advice from other veteran memebers. It was my first rep ever and I purchased from a supporting member, which I thought held some weight around here. Unfortunately, I was wrong and I don't think I'll buy from another member that I don't know from experience. I even posted a link to the sale and politely "asked" for other members' opinions.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I wish that members took a more involved approach to such sales practices. I do understand that if there are no lies you can't do much, but for the noobs that show up here it would be a great help. My 2 cents.

Edited by Ztech

Guest carlsbadrolex

OK, so how much were the RWG 1 watches originally??? Should I retract my bid??? Because I dont think they sold for $300 when new.

I agree that there have been some really interesting posts lately, and that I always post my prices lower than they should be...

But like every other market, there is a certain intrinsic value that some sellers add to the price of their goods. Just because YOU (or I) dont care to pay it, others may.

Dont think I am disagreeing... but you are being a little harsh!

Granpa said "every morning an idiot wakes up, you just have to find him"... :)

If some aren't able to see how stupid a price is, well... :rolleyes:

On the other hand the forum is here to try to protect the members : but isn't it beyond mods concern to check and confirm if an offer is not honest ?

And I'm against threadcrapping, because if you allow this, how many honest offers will be spoiled ?

Difficult.

OK, so how much were the RWG 1 watches originally??? Should I retract my bid??? Because I dont think they sold for $300 when new.

I agree that there have been some really interesting posts lately, and that I always post my prices lower than they should be...

But like every other market, there is a certain intrinsic value that some sellers add to the price of their goods. Just because YOU (or I) dont care to pay it, others may.

Dont think I am disagreeing... but you are being a little harsh!

I know that I'm being harsh - but browsing the "watches" section these past few weeks has made my stomach turn.

The fact that only supporters can post 4sale threads gives n00bs a false sense of security - and some supporters like to take advantage of that.

You can't compare replacing a $50 strap on a $250 watch then trying to sell it for $400 to a custom limited edition charity auction - those situations aren't even close.

the forum is here to try to protect the members : but isn'y it beyond mods concern to check and confirm if an offer is not honest ?

And I'm against threadcrapping, because if you allow this, how many honest offers will be spoiled ?

Difficult.

I hear what you're saying, but who's going to crap on someones sale if it represents a good deal? Plus if it is an honest sale, the OP, and other members would easily be able to defend it.

I even posted a link to the sale and politely "asked" for other members' opinions.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I wish that members took a more involved approach to such sales practices. I do understand that if there are no lies you can't do much, but for the noobs that show up here it would be a great help. My 2 cents.

More involved will only end up in looking like you have a hidden agenda, or are a jerk for speaking up.

Having been here for a long time, I have in the past spoken up, but won't anymore...

Why?

Simple, it's not worth my time to be crapped on.

Case in point:

The "RBJ" $1200 in upgrades watch being sold right now.

From experience, I can say that the value paid for the mods and the watch ($1200 in total), doesn't come anywhere near what was actually or claimed to have been done to this watch.

I see less than $300 in "real" work and parts that was done to this watch (that is if the crown is actually Gen and not a RBJ "More like gen..." one).

The fact that RBJ is not to be trusted, does shoddy work has been discussed and proven on many occasions.

But, even though the senior members know this, and I know this, it's not worth discussing anymore or pointing out in the sales thread. So someone will not benifit from our collective experience. Sad but true, that is the state of the forum from my perspective.

Don't believe me, watch the responses to my statements...

RG

I 100% agree. I see a lot of guys selling used watches for much more than you could buy a new one. Look at Silix or Pam 111. Just because someone paid a high price from a high priced dealer, does not mean that he should be able to unload the watch here. Sometimes I'd like to be able to post links in a sales thread to a lesser priced, warranted, new model.

More involved will only end up in looking like you have a hidden agenda, or are a jerk for speaking up.

Having been here for a long time, I have in the past spoken up, but won't anymore...

Why?

Simple, it's not worth my time to be crapped on.

Unfortunately, that is the case here. I think more so for you, because you also do the mods and it just might look like you have an agenda... BUT... I think that you have earned enough respect here that people value your opinion. When someone claims something was replaced or modified that clearly wasn't - you would know better than most. If more people spoke up in these threads then people would stop trying to rip other members off. I'm not talking about general discussions like this - I mean dumping directly on the sale thread.

I 100% agree. I see a lot of guys selling used watches for much more than you could buy a new one. Look at Silix or Pam 111. Just because someone paid a high price from a high priced dealer, does not mean that he should be able to unload the watch here. Sometimes I'd like to be able to post links in a sales thread to a lesser priced, warranted, new model.

That's exactly the type of [censored] I'm talking about. I did that once and got crapped on though. It would be nice if the group mentality would shift in this direction.

Its a free market - i agree, if the ad is truthful, then let it stand.

Sure, but at that point, we need to stop reporting eBay scams and globalreplica.

No such thing as a free market, especially not here, and let's not forget the reason we have these forums: To stop being ripped off and to help others avoid being ripped off.

I say crap on those threads. Call out the sellers. If it's a free market you want, crapping should be perfectly acceptable behaviour as the crappers are merely market forces. Free markets means no-one has anything to hide or hide behind.

I think we mean this one: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is now up on replicacollector, now asking $700 for what has been a daily beater.....

That's one of them, but not even at the top of the list. I can recall reading about a dozen 4 sale threads this week that made me ill. Most of them, after 5 or 6 price reductions, drop to where they should be, while others seem to be sold by PM with zero replies on the thread, or to someone with 1 or 2 posts who signed up very recently.