When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB, polished ceramic bezel + AR for $512!

Mickey Padge

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn that looks pretty good!! not bad when you are comparing to the $1000+ the othere dealers are selling it for.

to answer the measurement question...he is measuring ONLY the bezel, which comes out to 42.5mm. he is not

including the case in his measurements....if you add the case it will be 44.5mm. the measurement of the bezel

on my bezel is 42.5mm. no biggie...he is just measuring at a different part. for accurate measurement, it should

be measured from 10 to 4. ...hopefully that helps anybody that is on the fence.

dear friend

this picture showing i measure the watch case size is 48.03mm. also not 44.5mm... and i tryed many time... i can not get 44.5mm size for this watch at all . please advice. thank you

IMG_1228_BB.JPG

Dealers tend to mention 44,5 because this is the original specification from the genuine. Again, misunderstandings are raised now :)

And that's the way it should be : parts are most likely compatible, as the model 2 was repped from the model 1...

Thx for the update.

What I dont get, why does the watch in this picture (which has the old 21.1k movement) the correct datefont

IMG_1235_BB.JPG

but the one on his website does not have the correct font, but instead the BOLD date font (and also the old 21.1k movement):

1137-4736_sml5.jpg

so WHICH watch with WHICH datefont will i be getting if i place an order?!?

No not all of them are like that....

1213_sml5.jpg

Where did you find that photo? Which dealer? The dial seems to be missing the grain texture on the dial....

Can't really tell from some of watchmarks pictures, maybe some of the slow beat versions are like this?

I took it from this thread, and it is from the same dealer as your picture is.

I missed watchmarks updated post, good to see he is active on the board :)

Why are you asking questions you already know the answer to Francisco? All the info is in this thread (I just re-read it) ^_^

There are two versions of this watch from two different factories. One watch costs up to $780 (and much more on some dealers sites) and the other costs $405.

$780 http://www.timeshops.net/Hublot_Ceramic_Be...oating_1213.htm

$405 http://www.timeshops.net/Big_Bang_(RG_Cera...0_1137-4736.htm

Not too tricky to grasp :p

Now for a saving of over $375 I think a few flaws can be lived with B)

Or if you want you could spend $1168 on the same $780 watch....

$1168 http://www.bigbangworld.com/index.php?main...;products_id=10

I know I would not spend $1168 on a watch I could buy for $780. The saving between the same watch from the different dealers is $388!

Hell the saving between the $1168 watch, and the $405 watch is $763 I think we can agree that $763 is not small change to most people, nor is $388 for that matter.....

Cheers! ^_^

What I dont get, why does the watch in this picture (which has the old 21.1k movement) the correct datefont

IMG_1235_BB.JPG

but the one on his website does not have the correct font, but instead the BOLD date font (and also the old 21.1k movement):

1137-4736_sml5.jpg

so WHICH watch with WHICH datefont will i be getting if i place an order?!?

hello

maybe i use wrong photo on my site. but i confirm the correct date HBB is what you buy for 405USD selling in my web site now.....

Thanks for explaining that Italiano; that's how it's done.

Watchmark, you are doing a great job. I bet you would sell a lot of ceramic bezels if you could get them for $100 or so.

dear friend

thank you very much. i selling ceramic bezel as 240USD. because factory wholeslaer ask very high crazy price... we really have no choose. hope you can understand that.thank you again

regards

mark

This price from the factory is just insane, and again, the PVD coated one is just as good optically.

There's one interesting experience to do : get the bezel from the Quartz version and check if it fits.

That one costs 160 USD, including a brand new strap (which sells 70 USD alone)...

One member has ordered the quartz, if any interest, I'm ready to send him the tool to test.

Anyway, it seems the best bargain around is the "V2" HBB for 405 dollars.

As Mickey page mentionned, all versions have anyway flaws to some extent, and surely the dial matter is not worse than stickers on the rotor.

My RG order leaves today, I'll surely keep you updated for the week-end.

This price from the factory is just insane, and again, the PVD coated one is just as good optically.

There's one interesting experience to do : get the bezel from the Quartz version and check if it fits.

That one costs 160 USD, including a brand new strap (which sells 70 USD alone)...

One member has ordered the quartz, if any interest, I'm ready to send him the tool to test.

Anyway, it seems the best bargain around is the "V2" HBB for 405 dollars.

As Mickey page mentionned, all versions have anyway flaws to some extent, and surely the dial matter is not worse than stickers on the rotor.

My RG order leaves today, I'll surely keep you updated for the week-end.

dear pix

the quartz HBB is not use ceramic bezel. that is use PVD bezel... thanks

regards

mark

Sure, that is clear.

But I was mentionning that actually the PVD bezel looks as good as the ceramic one.

It's enough. No real need for ceramic if someone can adapt the Quartz bezel on his automatic HBB...

I also think that the 405 USD version is not real ceramic but PVD. This will be checked when my new order arrives :)

Sounds more than good : also means that 200+ dollars for the ceramic bezel alone is a scam from the manufacturer, as the RG with RG bezel costs 375 from Silix, i.e. you pay 30 dollars for the bezel, which is what the bezel alone should be invoiced. Let's say that 50-60 dollars would be a reasonable price.

BTW, has anyone paid that much for the bezel ?

I was lucky enough to pay 60 USD for the PVD one + tool from a board member.

I find strange the fact that Mark is the only one offering this V2 HBB... Good point for him. But what do the other dealer do ? I hope noone has the bad idea to sell a V2 as a V1... <_<

BTW, did you notice that Watchmark is no more an apprentice, but a confirmed board dealer ?

Congratulations !

Keep the good service to RWG members, that's my wish for all of us.

:clap:

That is indeed great news, congrats Watchmark! :)

Maybe you could celebrate by offering us RWG forum members a special deal/offer on a watch or two? ;)

The reasonably priced Lite models from Silix and others have the 28K movement, to further confuse the issue. The bottom line is, as always, the manufacturers are extracing the maximum amount possible for a desireable item with a limited number of suppliers. The movement type (21K or 28K) and bezel material (ceramic, PVD, or plated) DO affect the manufacturing costs, but only slightly. The retail price is comfortably high, borne by a massively inflated price when the replica was new--the manufacturer(s) are trying to keep the bubble inflated as long as possible.

Some comparisons:

Silix SS HBB (Lite) with PVD bezel, 28,000bph high beat: $245

For whatever reason the Silix Ice Bang lite costs more: $315

Watchmark PVD Luna Rossa with SS bezel and 21,600bph low beat: $295

So you get pretty much the same price for the watch with the inferior movement.

I wish someone would do a side-by-side comparison of the 21K and 28K watches. I remember reading about them when the new rotor stickers were first spotted, but they were dismissed as low quality although I don't really remember where I saw that. Since they are made by different factories it would be good to know all their differences.