When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB, polished ceramic bezel + AR for $512!

Mickey Padge

What I understood from my dealer (near Guangzhou) 2 weeks ago, is that currently there are 2 factories making the hublot replica.

The first one makes the better version with better finish (supposedly) and with the 28.800 movement.

The other one makes the Hublot with the old 21.600 movement, most times even with AR. AR is sold as expensive, but it is also on a 110usd 21j PAM005 i have here currently. Go figure. These 21.6 movement is sold cheaper than the normal Hublot with 28.8k. So it the price can be normal for ceramic. 250ceramic bezel+250 watch makes around 500usd. YES. But who wants the 21.6k movement....?

The Ultimate versions are just much more expensive. Also the marketing of the dealers is based on that. The pictures of the Lite versions look crappy and cheap, while they really made great pictures of the Ultimate versions. AND WHY IS THAT? (...)

I still think that the Ultimate version is 250-300 overpriced. Who of you prooves me wrong? :lol:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ hooky- many of the "lite" versions are NOW being sold with the high-beat 28k 7750.

....in fact, i think if you buy a lite from one of the "top' dealers it will come with the 28k 7750.

edit: here is a reference .... http://silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1940

Yes, i am very much aware of that. My point is that the one company makes them with the 28.8k. Also the Lite.

When I wanted to buy the Ice Bang Lite 28.8k, i was told that temporary it was out of stock. And my dealer could get a different version for the same price with AR and 21.6k. ..........

That one came from another factory.

And i guess there are a few more 'Top' dealers who are not active on this board.

1 'factory' makes them with an engraved rotor,but screw in crown...

The other 'factory' makes them with the correct push in crown,but has those stickers on the rotor....

Other then that,same thing....

Why one can't get both right,and they say this is not on purpose.... <_<

hello every one.

first. sorry for my poor english. i have some thing need make clarify.

there have two type hublot (movement ) selling on my web site: www.timesshop.net

1. http://www.timeshops.net/Hublot_bigbang_Ai...c_case_1121.htm

---- this is old 7750 movement. which is more cheaper. but quality is ok. pix buy one from me.

2. http://www.timeshops.net/Hublot_Ceramic_Ca...oating_1213.htm

---- this is new 7750 movement. which is more expensive. the quality is good.

this two watch movement are different.

YES. But who wants the 21.6k movement....?
I have no problem with that, especially when you know it has a (non working ?) regulator, which makes it look more like the original 7750.

Besides, the lower beat, the longer life ? Again, I don't think this is the more than 1,5 year old movement reappearing. Just a feeling of course.

The pictures of the Lite versions look crappy and cheap, while they really made great pictures of the Ultimate versions. AND WHY IS THAT? (...)

I still think that the Ultimate version is 250-300 overpriced. Who of you prooves me wrong? :lol:

Fully agreed. The HBB is overpriced since the beginning. But again, a price is right as long as someone pays for it. I am fan of the lite version, but there are many fans of the expensive version around. Marketing works... ^_^

As for these pictures being gens : I hardly believe a gen of each colour was available for pictures...

I'd be interested in seing this one for real : if it really has better engravings and rotor (looks more open too), I'd like to mod my lite version further... :)

I had never believed there were 2 manufacturers of the HBB. This is now proving the contrary. Good information. I hope the parts are compatible.

At least, this thread shows that there is a way with new dealers : Watchmark is bringing stuff which you don't have elsewhere, and also chime in the thread, which I take as a very honest step...

I have no problem with that, especially when you know it has a (non working ?) regulator, which makes it look more like the original 7750.

Besides, the lower beat, the longer life ? Again, I don't think this is the more than 1,5 year old movement reappearing. Just a feeling of course.

Fully agreed. The HBB is overpriced since the beginning. But again, a price is right as long as someone pays for it. I am fan of the lite version, but there are many fans of the expensive version around. Marketing works... ^_^

As for these pictures being gens : I hardly believe a gen of each colour was available for pictures...

I'd be interested in seing this one for real : if it really has better engravings and rotor (looks more open too), I'd like to mod my lite version further... :)

I had never believed there were 2 manufacturers of the HBB. This is now proving the contrary. Good information. I hope the parts are compatible.

At least, this thread shows that there is a way with new dealers : Watchmark is bringing stuff which you don't have elsewhere, and also chime in the thread, which I take as a very honest step...

Thanks for clearing that up for us watchmark ^_^

So a slow beat 7750 is the only difference, not a problem unless you engage the chrono all the time, then you will see the slightly jerky center seconds hand....

Pix did you ever post pictures of your HBB from watchmark? Would love to see some snaps! B)

Thanks for clearing that up for us watchmark ^_^

So a slow beat 7750 is the only difference, not a problem unless you engage the chrono all the time, then you will see the slightly jerky center seconds hand....

Pix did you ever post pictures of your HBB from watchmark? Would love to see some snaps! B)

Hi Mickey,

sure, look at my signature. The other difference is the bolder datefont. Easily fixable. But I decided to leave it, as it's not wronger than the thin font.

I had it AR coated by K2222 and swapped the bezel for a knurled one thanks to UB7 and have a more than decent (almost) ultimate version for less than 400 dollars... ^_^

Have anybody anytime bought from this dealer so he could share his experience with us ?
http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showforum=131

There are already some good feedbacks. And one which is less positive. Make up your mind. I don't want to take my own example always, but I've been dealing with him exclusively since last september. I had less issues than dealing a few other watches with other more popular dealers.

The difference with other dealers is that he is learning, so you will see that descriptions and/or answers are not always 100% But I think he's basically honest, that's the key. Every member has his own expectations, and some won't accept an inaccurate or uncomplete description, even if not thought as a lie... The core of my opinion on him is that he won't let you down and deliver what you ordered. In the same efficient way as others, and with a fast communication.

What about the diameter on watchmarks' website. 42mm?

http://www.bigbangworld.com

others have a bigger diameter. 44.5mm. !!!!

I think there is more difference between the two watches besides just the movement. Could be also the outer finish that is different...

Well a few of you peeps must have made a purchase or two, as the HBB reps have shot up watchmark's bestsellers list! :lol:

If there was that much interest, we should have created a group buy :p

Hopefully if a couple of the guinea pigs who have taken a chance on these can post a review, we may still be able to put something like that together.

I bet it is the same watch, just a much better price from King. What is funny is that if nobody, and I mean virtually NOBODY, had ever paid the money the dealers were asking, prices would have dropped like a stone. It's only because people keep forking out the dough that these watches stay at the inflated price.

Oh well....

i would love to know the difference between the 'genuine' ceramic bezels and the 'other' ceramic.

they look the same to me....we are in a "replica" forum :lol:

:lol:

I was meaning those made of ceramic (expensive) and those made of steel and then PVD coated...

The ceramic ones are sold for more than 200 dollars by Angus, the other cost almost nothing. (although I paid 60 dollars for mine, with a tool)