When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB, polished ceramic bezel + AR for $512!

Mickey Padge

Check this link: http://www.timeshops.net/Hublot_Ceramic_Ca...oating_1202.htm

Our own apprentice dealer watchmark, offering a Hublot with polished ceramic bezel and double AR for $512?

That is half the price of our other dealers. Is this a mistake, am I missing something here, or is this the best deal for a Hublot anywhere! :p

I can't afford to buy one myself, might be worth emailing the dealer to check up on it first...

Cheers! B)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the same watches, yes? Not a second factory type thing? I really wish I was a bit more flush for cash this month :lol:

HBB markups have always been high, now we may be seeing that people were thoroughly fleeced in the past. A $500 mark up!? Well over 100% margin? :o

We really need to find ouy if these are the same watches....

I've always been put off the HBB because of the price. Even this is expensive for my taste but its considerably less than what other dealers are offering it for.

Regarding the issue about the markups. Come on guys, we all know these watches we buy have huge mark-ups. The costs of living in China are low, goods are very cheap there in comparison to Western prices... by a lot.

We've had members who have travelled there tell us what kind of prices they've picked up some pieces for, and even then they've paid a big mark-up on them too because the Chinese sellers spot immediately that a Westerner is buying, so they automatically put a mark-up on it, its the way business works there and other similar countries. People living in China on the other hand get the best prices, so the Chinese sellers make the most profits.

I've experienced the same thing in the 3 times I've travelled to India. The local population know my family is British Indian, they have almost a 6th sense :lol: and are able to spot it by the way we dress, talk etc. However I've got an aunt who lives there so everytime we go shopping, we go with her as so the retailers won't overcharge us.

The watches probably have gotten significantly cheaper to produce, as there are so much more of them out there.

But what I would like to see is more detailed pictures of the watch...

I mean, when you see the watch for only $512 when the other dealers are charging nearly twice the price...don't you want to ask yourself, "why does it seem too good to be true?", insead of "did the dealers really overcharge us?"

I remember I read somewhere a while back that there were HBBs that were the "fake of the fake", a la Nautilus'.

But yes, the only way to find out is to buy one.

I like to use King's HBB page as a reference as for some reason she seems to have the most options available...

I'm leaning towards that it costs much less to produce as it once did.

She has 35 different variations of the HBB!

For your remembering, the very first versions of the lite HBB had the low beat 7750 and a bold datefont. I have one. So I am not surprised that you can find this movement in this model again. For me it has run perfectly so far, and I can't believe that after 18 monthes (or more) some new old A7750 stock popped up again. These must be new batches, possibly without the old problems.

Screw down crown ? I have never seen this on an HBB. Sql, isn't that just a crown that has been pulled to stop the mechanism ?

I'm still of the opinion that the best bargains are the lite versions with "genuine" after-market AR coating and possibly a new knurled bezel.

And yes, selling the bezel alone for less than 100 dollars would be a good market, as the 250 dollars from Angus are just nuts.

Watchmark has also a quartz (yes quartz !) version using the high-end case (at least it seems to be the same) : by purchasing the whole watch for 160 dollars you can get the bezel (I'm curious if they are compatible)... Then swap both and resell the quartz, which is anyway inaccurate. ^_^

I'd love to see Mark's comments on that.

Wanna see something else weird you get for $455?

20081901235659.jpg

Take a close look at the rotor.

Could it be engraved like the gen?

Not only the engraving on the rotor, the font on the caseback is different also. It looks to me as a gen caseback.

I own 3 HBB - RG creamic, SS-gold bezel and a Platinum Mat is on the way. Now, all of this watches I purchased from

different dealers and is a fact that the font on the case back is the same in all 3 and different from the one in the Gens.

Rep caseback font is not as deeply engraved as in the gen.