When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New IWC 7 Day Portuguese Out!

Guest asad

Hi I just found out that the new IWC Portuguese seven day rep is out from puretime.

IWC-PA-7D-SS-03.jpg

IWC-PA-7D-SS-04.jpg

IWC-PA-7D-SS-05.jpg

IWC-PA-7D-SS-06.jpg

IWC-PA-7D-SS-07.jpg

IWC-PA-7D-SS-08.jpg

IWC-PA-7D-SS-09.jpg

It looks very nice for $178, sure the movement which is nicely decorated is not going to give you 7 days of power, though puretime is openly stating that "ultra long 60+ hours power reserve" which is pretty good for being a rep. A few thing are off on the dial which are noticeable in comparison to the real deal, the date wheel is deep. the sub dials are a bit off, But all in all for $178 this doesn't seem to be a bad rep, though I question if it will run good. As for this new rep I don't think we are far from seeing the "Big Pilot" soon. I have my fingers crossed though the factories have been churning up some excellent models this year.

Thanks

Edited by asad

For the money it's quiet nice, but it has a lot of small flaws. Wrong date font and it looks recessed. On the black version the DW should be black. On the white dial versions the silver subdials are wrong and should be in the same color as the dial. Also spacing is a bit off. The shape of the 2, 4 and 7 are off.

While I think the rep market is really itching for a well-done IWC dress watch, I don't know if this is going to be the one that fills that vacuum. I think it's a very nice watch- the type of errors it looks like it has would not be a bother to me, but based on my perceptions of how the average buyer would respond I don't think they will be as forgiving.

Thanks for pointing it out. If they really have lengthened the actual Power Reserve on the watch to 60 hours that is very much a step in the right direction. I do hope this is the year the manufacturers add a second barrel. I don't know how this one's PR meter works but until you can get closer to true 7/8 days I am not sure what the PR meter is going to be telling you. Maybe it falls proportionately with the actual available reserve. Is the rep a handwind or automatic?

I love the design of this rotor ! But I wish the DW was black...

Yes, rotor is nice, it would be even nicer if they managed to spell "reserve" correctly :)

And this sunken datewheel really looks cheap ... maybe it'll look better in person.

regards

This is one of my favorite modern dress watches: hxxp://www.puretimewatch.com/index.php?productID=341

Can't stand the ugly silver subdials and the recessed date. Other than that I could have lived with the other minor flaws, which are only obvious in a 1:1 comparison.

So much for the perfect IWC dress watch :(

Yes, rotor is nice, it would be even nicer if they managed to spell "reserve" correctly :)

And this sunken datewheel really looks cheap ... maybe it'll look better in person.

regards

I'm amazaed how the rep manufacturers still can spoil a watch with such simple things... :g:

This is typically the kind of thing I can't stand, as anyone will notice it, more than a sunken DW.

It has the same movement as used in the PAM090 power reserve rep.

The pusher sets the date.

The PR indicator is working.

Yup, I would agree, I used to have such 090 and it worked exactly like that.

I think I'll go with new Portofino chrono for dress watch, although I would prefer this one, but these little things REALLY spoil it for me :(

regards

I love the gen watch, it has been one of my favorites. Therefore I was very excited to see the rep. Unfortunately it falls short enough that I would not be happy with it.

If they fixed a few of the flaws I would pay more for it.

Bummer

please no one order this..

When they are so careless with spelling, i think we should send a message to the dealers that we are above that crap.

Incredible that they misspell the word "reserve" :blink: ... I just can't believe they go in production with this ... $%^& is it so difficult for them to just doing a "find" on internet, or looking in a dictionary before starting the stamp machine and doing a go live with these rotors !!!! crap crap crap.

I love the design of this rotor ! But I wish the DW was black...

But the gen has a lot better rotor, deeper engraved, etc. there's place for amelioration...to begin with the %^& word RESEPVE :angry:

MAKE NOISE THIS THING NEED TO BE FIX SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!

• 3 weeks later...

The crown reads "SCAFUIA" :p

With such an open back (read: so distant from the gen), I wish they had made a better effort on the dial/crown. Markers are too big, the date placement is so obviously wrong, and the dials seem low quality. I really wish they made a better effort...

I am afraid that the long-awaited Big Pilot, will be a spin off of this watch. That will be a real shame.