When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gone

ryyannon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryyannon:

Besides some of those you mentioned that we all missed, I personally missed some old friends, Max aka Neo, and Demsey who is still on TRC under a different identity. Also halley who was becoming a lawyer in Paris. Where did he go?

Hey Omni! So nice to see you....must have felt the vibes of yesteryear :D

Indeed, where are they all now....?

In the meantime, I just struck RWG gold while searching for johntheboy's avatar.... the Rolexaward and Bricktop Show!

av361gwnt4.jpg

"QUOTE (bricktop @ May 1 2005, 03:14 AM)

You're here for 10 days and already have friends?Hard to believe, considered the way you do business.

Give us your website address please. We want to have a look at it."

Rolexaward:

"Only My friends know my website address and they are wellcome.

Not you.

Enough bricktop, I swear no need friend like you, U already too much , Few times I already be nice to U, N` U think coz I afraid of U? who do you think U are? The Game is Over

One thing, NON OF UR BIZ!

Remember this ............... NON OF UR BIZ!"

:lol: Ah, the famous Rolexaward "Non OF UR BIZ"!

And then the thread goes on for TEN more pages!

Rolexaward:

"I already give the photo and how much I must pay for extra foto? THE WATCH I SELL ONLY $25!!!

And I not only using WU but I also using Bank Transfer!

You should go to Paypal .com and Try to Register as Indonesian, THERE IS NO INDONESIAN COUNTRY LIST ON PAYPAL! YOU CAN NOT REGISTER USING INDONESIAN CREDIT CARD!

THIS LINK IS GOOD FOR PAYPAL: http://www.paypalsucks.com/

IF U NOT LIKE MY WATCH, DON`T BUY!

SO PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST JOKE HERE!

IS IT CLEAR 4 U

ONE MORE THINGS,

NON OF UR BIZ,

I C U HAVE A LOT OF TIME, R U JOPLXSS?"

QUOTE (bricktop @ May 1 2005, 01:34 PM)

...Rolexaward: Why are you still here? Is it fun to be the clown?

Rolexaward:

"...I WILL KICK UR ASX!

U BETTER SHUT UR 25Y OLD MOUTH, U GOT ME YOUNG BOY! "

Gawd, those were the days....the Wild West of RWG! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Who remembers the original Scotty? He had the inside source to Maria and I got my very old/very abused MBW from him about 10 years ago. Then I bought a *miserable* 6541 for way too much money and he promptly disappeared.

:lol:

I remember all of those guys well. Dave Gates, well I kept in touch with him for quite awhile after his health problems surfaced, but haven't talked to him in the last six months or so.

When Neo bowed out of the fray, it really was the beginning of the end.

He brought a lot to the table.

And how about EDDIE LEE? I bought my first 5 watches from him. Not a bad one in the lot. Eddie brought the first Pams to the rep world, and his last offering was the original TW 3717, still one of the best reps ever. IMO he was the best dealer ever.

Talk about the good ol' days. But always remember...THESE are the good ol'days.

Ahhh yes, Scotty. I remember him Nanuq. I have one of the worlds worst Newman Daytona reps from him :p

Did yours have the "domed" crystal that was, in fact, glass and domed on BOTH sides like a lens?

Sheesh. And it was greenish glass like a Coke bottle. :tu:

• 6 months later...

Ahh good old times.

A lot of memories, for sure.

I love this place here but to be honest it is different... the old rwg was so... cozy.... like small group of friends who seemed to know each other for years....

Thanks for bringing up these memories.

BTW - I have no idea how I could have missed the RYA suicide thing. Can anyone share some details?

wow, this brings back memories!!

I guess some peopel come&go and some stay.

What can I say about my bursts of arousal? Action deserves reaction. I don't remember anyone from the forum insulting me in person, yet others do it on the internet, because of the distance-security. I doubt people from here would talk to others the same way if they knew who they were. Maybe that even includes me.

But, I never started humiliating or offending anyone. And I never said things that I would not say to their face! Those who I called a-holes mostly deserved it (can say that with confidence!)

BUT I have to admit, the language I used on the old RWG can't be used here. IMO the censorship and strict mod behavior accounts for MUCH less drama and conflicts here. If I (in reaction to something, of course!) call someone a [censored] or a [censored] or a [censored]face, he won't know what I said, and will probably react differently and leave it instead of calling me a donkey

Edited by slay

Ahh good old times.

A lot of memories, for sure.

I love this place here but to be honest it is different... the old rwg was so... cozy.... like small group of friends who seemed to know each other for years....

Thanks for bringing up these memories.

BTW - I have no idea how I could have missed the RYA suicide thing. Can anyone share some details?

The Rya thing was sort of troubling. As you know he was erratic and would bounce wildly from anger to disdain to "meh" and it always seemed like he had his head screwed on well, just that he was reactionary. Then he started into a pretty disturbing downward spiral and we got worried about him. Some phone calls were made, and we put up quite an effort as a group to let him see that life is a lot bigger than a computer screen on the internet, and that no matter what his head was telling him, there was a bigger truth. I'm glad to say that it worked out well in the end.

And now we find we have come about full circle.

I remember the glorious day when we revealed as a group the new RWGII website with postings en mass to guide the RWGI denizens to the new site.

And now we are being directed back to the old RWG.

"Curiouser and curiouser."

wow, this brings back memories!!

I guess some peopel come&go and some stay.

What can I say about my bursts of arousal? Action deserves reaction. I don't remember anyone from the forum insulting me in person, yet others do it on the internet, because of the distance-security. I doubt people from here would talk to others the same way if they knew who they were. Maybe that even includes me.

But, I never started humiliating or offending anyone. And I never said things that I would not say to their face! Those who I called a-holes mostly deserved it (can say that with confidence!)

BUT I have to admit, the language I used on the old RWG can't be used here. IMO the censorship and strict mod behavior accounts for MUCH less drama and conflicts here. If I (in reaction to something, of course!) call someone a [censored] or a [censored] or a [censored]face, he won't know what I said, and will probably react differently and leave it instead of calling me a donkey

I thought Slay was Slayer as well.... I remember the old gorilla avatar and the back and forth with a few people and dealers, though it wasn't long before RWG2 started and most migrated.