When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 touched by yhe master

cib0rgman

I have been collecting parts for the watch for almost a year and finally decided to send everything to The Zigmeister so he can put it together.

here is the end result, I know is not the most accurate watch but I am very happy with the end result. The watch looks fantastic and in the circles that I move people only wear modern sub and they don't even know these watches existed. they are the average Rolex owner

Here is the picture

1665023nl3.th.jpg

1665024cw0.th.jpg

Your comments are welcome. It turned out pretty well

cheers

click on the pics they blow up real big

cib -- Congratulations. Your watch looks great. But a special compliment has to go to Ziggy for that lume job -- it looks 100% gen. Ziggy got not only the texture & shape right, but, for the 1st time in my experience, he even recreated a credible-looking patina (the subtle gradations of color that darken ever-so-gently towards the center). I hope he can make lightening strike twice in the same spots on my dial.

Ziggy got not only the texture & shape right, but, for the 1st time in my experience, he even recreated a credible-looking patina (the subtle gradations of color that darken ever-so-gently towards the center). I hope he can make lightening strike twice in the same spots on my dial.

I have been experimenting with a variety of techniques to get this look, and I think I am getting the hang of it now. Not that easy to do because the lume sets up quite fast when your applying it, but I am on the right track.

Wear it well.

RG

Thanks for the comments, all the credit goes to The Zigmeister. When The Zigmeister posted his picture here is link http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=70160&hl= it had a crappy insert, I replaced with Helen's Wong it make a whole lot difference. The pearl is not even glue it just snaps in place,

1570 movement with silver date wheel

Gen Crown

OEM tube

Gen Crystal

Gen Bracelet with 580 end links.

Insert From Helen wong, snaps just like Gen one

Pearl from Ofrei

Regards.

I want to thank Everyone for the nice comments. This is still an ongoing project, My goal is to get the watch as close as possible without spending a fortune, I think that the next upgrade is the HE valve.

I am extremely please with this piece and in no way I feel bad wearing. is my daily beater for now. Eventually I may get a case from Vietnam and maybe before I died a Gen dial and Hand :lol: .

All I need now is a modern Sub 1:1 case just like the SSD

Cheers.

cib0rgman,

the watch turned out great; hats off to ziggy too. my GW is due back any day now. i too am impressed by the superior lume job. i am confident that my dial will display the master's touch. keep us in the loop as to the progress you make with further modifications.

Congratulations cibOrgman on a beautiful franken! And I can certainly sympathize with you on deciding where to draw the line in building this watch. The costs can certainly get out of hand. But the end results are beautiful and Ziggy did a great job. Enjoy your masterpiece.