When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any experiances with Ofrei?

Edwin25

I've done fine with Ofrei. Mostly bought tools. I get bezels form other sources, but I've read that the $10 illumines dots are ok for vintage Rolex inserts (315-5513-1). I always order on line so I never deal with Bob Ofrei who can be tempermental. And I'm in the US.

i think some members found the sales guy to be a bit tempramental

if you're in the eu, use cousins , you can order by phone or email,

fast shipping, good service

Steppen,

I am in the EU...the country where costums doesn

Edited by Edwin25

First order: Some item were Out of Stock.. Still waiting for them after 6 weeks ! They also forgot an item, which they shipped to me after I contacted them

Second order: They modified it without telling me because an item was OOS. They offer me an exchange, but the shipping + customs fees I have to pay (this is an $100 item) I better forget it.

Edited by vric

Bob Frei can be tempermental & just plain weird at times. But if you do your homework (always a good idea anyway) & order by part number, ofrei is a great operation to do business with & usually my 1st stop for tools, parts & supplies. Cousins is also good, as are Cas-Ker.com & Julesborel.com.

ordered some tools and 3 movements from ofrei

all but one of the movements was correct - I have tried calling and emailing numerous times to exchange the incorrect movement but apparently they have too many customers as they can not be bothered by me and my issue

julesborel - ordered some screw drivers - i find it curious they can stay in business with their service - I ordered a 2893-2 and a Chinese movement from them - they promptly called to say the ETA was OOS but confirmed the rest of the order

When it shipped the chinese movement was not included. When I call they replied "oh that was out of stock as well"

Since their in Cali.. i get their parcels in 4 to 5 day's ..priority..

if watch parts; ask for Sharon.. she is very pleasant and very, very efficient !!! .. she alway's calls me back in 10 to 15 to confirm parts are in stock or back ordered which is the case with my PO orange numeral dial.. :(

I've placed an order with them last week.

After almost a week a got a mail that the watch material pearl was out of stock and it would be on stock again after 10-14 dys.

I had to wait untill thepearl got in and then they would ship the while order.

I didn't accepted it and now they are sending out the order without the pearl which will come later.

I don't except that have the guts to charge me additional shipping costs but you never know.

Carpe Diem

Cats