When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paypal Restriction

Guest TTK

Awoke this morning to find my PP account restricted......!

Someone ( I won't say who...just yet )......filed a chargeback.....regarding an item that apparently wasn't delivered......I have the proof that I sent it.....and I forwarded the relevant info to PP.....and also confirmed that I was sending a new item to the customer......however in light of it....... they decided to audit me and ( I believe )....checked the source for purchases......which linked back to the PP buttons that I use on here and the other fora......they then asked me to remove all items.....and provide them with the URL's of websites that I sell on......they also asked me to sign an affidavit appropos PP's T&C's regarding policy violations......which I've done......I've complied with all they asked.......and as usual have to wait the obligatory 3 days for review.......they've reversed withdrawals that I made.......so members who have paid me in the past few days......please exercise a little patience till I sort this out......your money is in PP's hands.....i have your articles ready to post......I just can't do that until I resolve the PP issue....but have no fear.....and PLEASE don't compound the situation by going to PPl....!

In the interim I spoke to my bank regarding TT and wire transfers.....it works out cheaper for me...and less prone to prying......I pay a flat fee regardless of how much is sent.....only problem I can foresee is that the customer may be charged ( depending on his bank ).......some banks don't charge....but it seems a simple process.......I may look at adding that facility in future.......I'd appreciate the members thoughts......!

BTW.....the causative item was a $100 ...bezel protector.......a whole lot of trouble for $100.....!

KEEP THE FAITH.....from TTK......The Timepiece King......!

The bloody bastards at Paypal............

Hope you get everything sorted out, TTK, it can be such a pain in the ass to work with these people.

I think using TT is a feasible option, but again, the issue is the outgoing fee for the buyer, since banks in Canada want $30.00 Canadian for an outgoing transfer no matter the cost. I think you could encourage this by offering a discount on the watch to offset some of the fees for the buyer, that would motivate the buyer to use TT more.

Or, you could start using services like Moneybookers or upcoming Gbuy I guess.

Just my 2 cents.....

Yup - this is typical Paypal. One chargeback (which they fee the seller for), then they suspend the account (and take a minimum of six months to release funds, if at all), and no real chance for the seller to prove that they sent it (they don't care).

Paypal is easy for buyers, but hopefully people that take the time to research reps can take the time to work out Moneybookers or whatever...

If you were to get a bank account that has a branch in the US we would be able to wire funds at a much cheaper rate than an international wire. This fee is fairly minimal compared to international. Some banks like Chase are all over the world. I could walk into Chase and deposit money into your account and email you that it was done and no fees would be incured. I do a lot of business overseas and this is how we do it. All these companies deal I deal with use international banks so there is never an international wire fee.

Just mu 2 cents :)

Birdman

@Admin.....the GBuy facility doesn't look that attractive at present....it seems geared towards E-Commerce / Merchant accounts.....but until it's rolled out on Jun 28th ...I don't think we'll really know how much of an alternative it is to PP.....!

The wire transfer situation sounds good ...but as you say...if it costs the buyer....then not so attractive......discounting is not really an option...I already discount.....below other dealers on the board....e:g...Bentley GT...which I offer for $275.00 free shipping.......versus $298 + shipping....so not a lot room for manouverability...especially when I have to pay at my end also.......10.00GBP....$19.00....!

Edited by TTK

@ TTK

I think it´s great how you keep the members informed and up to date.

Even if things are not turning out as expected.

That´s a great customer service. Much better than staying quiet and waiting for

something to happen while the buyers are getting crazy.

Keep up the good work and all the best for the pending issues. :victory:

This is the pits, when people do this they are only thinking of themselves and before anyone jumps up and accuse me of just sticking up for Neil, I'm not, I'm sticking up for the dealers..........Why?.........Because without them we wouldn't be able to enjoy our little hobby.

From the time I arrived at these boards I have know that of all the ways to settle a dispute with a dealer chargeback isn't one of them and for someone to use this method they are really stating that they don't give a stuff about the rest of us.

I tried hard to get people not to use chargeback against Paul after the infamous Crazy Sale, not because I was a big fan of Paul's but because the best chance everyone had to receive their watch was for Paul not to have his PP account frozen.

At the time Paul stated that anyone who did a chargeback would lose their money, yet recently soneone posted on another board complaining that he lost his money after the Crazy Sale but he also freely admits doing a chargeback..................makes you wonder.

I know I'll receive a lot of flack over this because many of you see chargeback as a legitimate avenue for dealer dispute settlement, but stop and think, now it's Neils turn to be hit..........a number of other dealers have already been given the once over and the outcome is that soon we will need to use other methods of payment which will not be as ideal to us as PP was, and will most likely lack the ability to lodge any form of chargeback anyway, so our hobby would in fact have taken a step backwards just to accomendate a few greedy individuals.

Ken

I think we as members should be a little compasionate to our dealers, regardless of who. There is a proof of delivery, why flie a charge back. As to you Niel, I think you should check your e-mail an PM regularly. This member might have been contacting you about this problem and he /she doe not know where he stand.

Now without PP from is gonna affect us all.

Edited by HighDef

@kenberg.......let's not react too harshly or quckly regarding this.....I can understand the buyers point of view on this......and I don't believe there was any malice aforethought when he chargedback.....it was a time critical situation......!

I think it's just a case of PP doing the usual audit......I believe they probably worked their way backwards to look at what was sold and where it was sold from....bear in mind that I NEVER ever have any sales via the Bay.....given the link between PP and Ebay.....it's not surprising that they should perhaps find it strange that of ALL my payments received.....NONE are from Ebay......so....I don't think it's appropriate to apportion any blame to anyone in particular......!

This whole thing may just evaporate in 3 days......at which point I''ll be looking at my commitment to PP and other payment methods......for instance....I have Nochex ( UK ) and Fastpay ( Natwest Bank ) facilities.....so users in the Uk could use these as alternatives to PP......I also have a Moneybookers account which I opened about 3 years ago.....I don't know if it's still active...I never used it......but the TT / wire transfer system....according to my bank is the best way to do it....4 days clearance.....all the buyer does is take the International Bank Account number I supply...my details and account details / sort code etc....and or the swift number and deposits it into my account.....I get notification......and it's done in about 4/5 days....at a small charge....!

We'll see.....!

Edited by TTK

Someone ( I won't say who...just yet )......filed a chargeback.....regarding an item that apparently wasn't delivered......I have the proof that I sent it.

Bugger.

I hope you're sorted soon. Chargeback Kid, I hope you know what you've done and try to rectify the situation. Man up and fess up.

C'mon guys.....ease up......this is a good customer....his mail just wasn't getting thru' to me.....plus by the time I got a response from Thailand Post.....he had a limited time to react....!

Nobody's lost an arm or a leg and no-one's dead yet......so it's not serious......there are many ways to skin a cat.....no PP isn't the end of the world....!

C'mon guys.....ease up......this is a good customer....his mail just wasn't getting thru' to me.....plus by the time I got a response from Thailand Post.....he had a limited time to react....!

I just think he should have thought it through and at least asked his fellow shoppers their advice before pulling the plug.

Hopefully, if any good is to come of this, it will be that customers like myself will think it through before charging back paypal.

As always, Neil, you're being a gentleman about this when you'd be in your rights to be ... a bit mean. Good luck with resolving this silly issue. Bring back the Buy Now buttons! :D

@VK.....you were a poor candidate...but I see you've been brought into the light......!

Anyway.....I'm off to my mate Big Bob's birthday party where there will be a roasted suckling pig....lots of dancing girls.....and where I shall quaff copiously from the falling down water......and where I shall dance with one of the girls until the cows come home.....or maybe I'll dance with a cow till the girls come home...who knows.....the night is young.....and ...after all.....tomorrow is another day....!

if you have a friend in the US (or whatever other countries) you could have a regular MO posted to them, i would certainly send a MO if it was to arrive in decent time,... can you cash US MOs in T'land? because we have a international "flat rate" envelope from USPS that costs $5, it takes 1-2 weeks from US to Phils, so T'land should be same? hope you get it straightened out...chil

Sorry to add my 2 cents but it took a long time for me to get the courage to use the internet for purchases because of the scams. I finally started to use Pay Pal and you are right it is dead easy for the buyer but I am once again uneasy about using other means of electronic payment.

My problem is that I like TTK watches and the ease I had grown accustomed to to buy his watches. If he is not able to sort out Pay Pal, this is a problem for me (not him) as I am not likely to change from using Pay Pal. I already stopped using Silex Prime and I liked their site but do not go there any more.

So, sorry for all the Pay Pal issues but it looks like my choice to buy from is getting more limited. Please this is nothing aginst TTk and I see the issues he is dealing with. This is from my side totally and my comfort zone for making internet purchase options.

Maybe I am alone in this feeling and I will just have to get over it. Any way - best of luck to Neal and I do hope this is worked out because I want to buy another watch from him.

Usil

This is beginning to look like a problem for many of our dealers. Just for the record TTK I've never purchased from you but would consider using WU if you had the right watch at the right price. I've used WU w/ Paul a couple of times and it seems pretty painless. If you walk in with cash to a WU location they only charge $14 in fees from the US.

Just my 2 cents. Hope everything sorts itself out. I've had PP audit me just because of the "nature of the items I was selling" and they also said that I "circumvented the Egay fees!" They can be really demanding sometimes but as they told me, "they just want to get to know their customers." They claim that since the Xbox 360s were released last year they had many issues with people selling merchandise that they didn't actually have so now they want to know your sources of inventory too. The whole anonymity thing seems to be a security issue in PP's eyes!

Good luck!

Jon :victory:

Edited by Bignasty

Anyway.....I'm off to my mate Big Bob's birthday party where there will be a roasted suckling pig....lots of dancing girls.....and where I shall quaff copiously from the falling down water......and where I shall dance with one of the girls until the cows come home.....or maybe I'll dance with a cow till the girls come home...who knows.....the night is young.....and ...after all.....tomorrow is another day....!

And there was you trying to convince myself and JTB that you didn't take a drink.... :brow:

Anyway, if it has to be NoChex of FastPay for UK buyers either suits me fine, although I'm buggered if I can remember my account details........

Situation resolved.....got in 20 mins ago......e-mail waiting......restriction lifted......so anyone waiting.....please ignore above....!

I'll still be using PP Buy Now buttons...but in a different format......just need some time to work it out.....unfortunately I have to go to B'Kok tomorrow......I have some bad news from my supplier she has some nice new 'bracelets' that should fit the PO's........even the black ones.....so will be out of circulation tomorrow....!

@kwai...

WTF? Did I say anything bad about you?

..spare me your insouciance.......I'm not stupid.......every post I make...you're in there like a tramp into a day old cold bag of fries...."I'm going to recommend my friend buys his PO from Trusty"......."there are too many faults in TTK's PO..."........'It wasn't a good idea to use paypal button here...."...."Paypal can track back rwg easily".......like a parrot sitting on everybody's shoulder.......as if we didn't know it's risky......not that I look for it.......but whilst everyone is either commiserating or offering sound advice......you're setting yourself up as the Oracle at Delphi.....omniscient and omnipotent....unfortunately for me.....whenever I post.....you're just f****g omnipresent........so do me a favour.....just like I did for you......stop following me around trying to pour oil on water......and I'll not set you on fire......!

@feek....dun' worry mate.....you are affected....but only in a good way... :D

Edited by TTK

No idea about FastPay or those things.

Couldn't UK users just deposit money into a UK bank account and put in a reference as their name? That would have no fees on either side and be quickest. Giving refunds would be problematic though.

PayPal is the easiest, and I admit has led to impulse buys, which some dealers will lose out on.

WU charged me 25GBP (almost 48USD) last time I used it. I've tried online WU with Paul and they refused the payment on a 159USD Omega PO! I had to go to the shop to do it which is not as easy or convenient, especially when the shop is closed after you finish work!

Moneybookers' problem is that you can only send a certain amount in a certain timeframe and then wait for that time frame to elapse before sending out the maximum you can again. The fees are also higher than PayPal.

I know silix take credit cards, maybe that could be done too ?