When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT-Master II Ceramic Bezel

AllergyDoc

Doc what actually happens when you change the time?

do the hands move smoothly or does the GMT hand or hour hand jump per hour when you change th time?

All three hands move smoothly.

Push the crown in one position and turn it counter-clockwise and the hour hand jumps or "clicks" from hour-to-hour.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an email comfirming that this initial batch was custom made for Josh and Andrew by the factory and nobody else has them. There will be no more correct handstack with correct GMT hand function! So those of you that got one.... keep your fingers crossed. If the movement is good, you will have a definite keeper!

What the hell :o .....No more correct hand stack....I got to kill my dealer right away! <_< .....why he couldn't got the 1st batch!!!!

Ar..Is painful..absolutely painful......But I own a wrong hand stack EXPII before...The movement is bullet proof :p .....1 yrs running un-stop & haven't got any problem..Only problem is the GMT hand will slow about 15~20mins after few days.... -_-

Good luck to you @doc! ;)

Best Regards,

Raymond

If I shake it the second hand moves 2 or 3 seconds, then stops.

If You have manually wound it and it stalls after a few seconds, then it doesn't sound too good.It is either "out off beat" or the whole gmt-correct stack is putting too much load to the caliber.. or both. Complications tend to reveal bad servicing/regulation. Crossing fingers that it is just regulation.

If You have manually wound it and it stalls after a few seconds, then it doesn't sound too good.It is either "out off beat" or the whole gmt-correct stack is putting too much load to the caliber.. or both. Complications tend to reveal bad servicing/regulation. Crossing fingers that it is just regulation.

Swell.

Maybe Josh can fix it.

Swell.

Maybe Josh can fix it.

There might be one more reason: sometimes during transportation, the hairspring gets tangled..and a jolt can snap it back. I have read that in the past, but can't advise it. ;) . Personnaly I would ask Josh and with his permission I would open the back to see if the hairspring is riding funny. It takes some patience and tools, but it could save the whole trouble of sending it back.

Anyhow, this should be considered a DOA watch, since even the most notoriously weak calibers (daytona.sec@6, iwc.auto.chrono.sec@6 etc) usually run for a few hours or weeks before breaking down.

Now it's running. :)

Maybe the movement needs a little time to "break in"?

Glad to hear that! May be the movement is "outof beat" need a simple regulation only!

Keep us update, will you?

Good luck & wear it in good health! B)

Best Regards,

Raymond

BTW: Is the back of the watch thinner than the previous version? The whole watch sits closer to the wrist?

It is a bit thinner, now that I look. The caseback does not protrude as much. It's not a big difference, but it's there.

Josh said he would send a new bracelet.

Joshua told me there are no more correct handstack movement. There are about 100 for him and Andrew only and that is it.

More gmt II with ceramic bezel are comming with hour hand adjustable.

The correct hand stack movement is hour hand adjustable. The wrong hand stack movement has an adjustable GMT hand.

I find it really hard to believe that they would only make a handful of correct handstack versions. If so, and I missed it, and I've been waiting this long, I can't even think or express how mad I'll be for not getting one sooner... This may be my last post even.... :cryss: :cryss: :cryss:

so are there already 2 versions of this watch out there ? Lanikai states in his review that he has only 12 clicks to his bezel, not 24, and that his bracelet doesn't have the 3 micro adjustments that are clearly visible in your pics.....

I was really looking forward to getting in on the 2nd batch of these, but if they're not going to be correct hand stack versions, I won't.....does it make fiscal sense for the factory to engineer this movement for so few watches, then stop ?

Watchmark claims to be getting this model in too...is it possible that Josh/Andrew just got first dibs on distributing the 1st batch ?

so are there already 2 versions of this watch out there ? Lanikai states in his review that he has only 12 clicks to his bezel, not 24, and that his bracelet doesn't have the 3 micro adjustments that are clearly visible in your pics.....

I was really looking forward to getting in on the 2nd batch of these, but if they're not going to be correct hand stack versions, I won't.....does it make fiscal sense for the factory to engineer this movement for so few watches, then stop ?

Watchmark claims to be getting this model in too...is it possible that Josh/Andrew just got first dibs on distributing the 1st batch ?

Please go over what I wrote.. it is the same as AD.. 12 clicks for the genuine.. and 24 for mine .. same as AD

and the clasp is missing a part that the genuine appears to have .. please look closer at the pic in my thread and "words"

thanks

Edit.. I apologize.. no excuses.. i am wrong in the explanation of the clasp .. there is only 3 micro adjustments "inside" the clasp..,.. the rep is exactly as the genuine.. i took mine apart and by spring loaded there is actually a spring bar type part.. that holds the hook in place.. sorry guy's

I find it really hard to believe that they would only make a handful of correct handstack versions. If so, and I missed it, and I've been waiting this long, I can't even think or express how mad I'll be for not getting one sooner... This may be my last post even.... :cryss: :cryss: :cryss:

Doc.. you got the first batch didn't you ?? yours does not have the correct stack ??

If they're not doing more correct stacks there must be a reliability issue.

Andrew & Angus told me about this new movement (where date change follows the hour hand) months ago. They already postponed the release of this movement once (about 2 months ago). Perhaps it's not 100% ready yet, and we'll see more of them later?

I never had any problem wearing the wrong hand stacks though. They never have any kind of issues.

don't get it.. if you ordered from Josh or Andrew.. the 2nd set will have the correct stack too..

R, I got a email from one of the above mentioned dealers this evening and he said no more correct handstack.

The Swiss ETA 2836 modified with Hour Hand Adj is ALL SOLD OUT and there should be no more stocks anymore. This was specially installed for XXX and I and no other dealers can get them. Our contacts with this Maker is class act. =) The Bezel is actually SS with a little bit of Ceramic Content but many will say it looks like PVD Polished but try to see Hublot reps... even PVD effect can never get such a polished effect at all...

The later batches will have the same Bezel version but with GMT Hand Adj Swiss ETA movement. Thanks

So the future versions will not have correct hand stack?

Yeah.. No more of the correct stack movement.

@ DOC, Better open the case back ASAP. I had the same problem with my newly arrived SSD.. running, not running etc. It turned out a movement holder screw got loose and got caught in the balance wheel from time to time.... I noticed it on time before it could ruin anything.

This could be the same in your case?

PS: Great looking watch but I couldn't live knowing the movement is instable due to the GMT function added....