When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT II 116710

lanikai

I love you bro! You did what you promise to me!

But..hmm...I didn't.....I haven't sleep all night waiting for your post....please don't hurt me,OK?

BTW, any comments for the GMTIIc? Is it real ceramic or PVD coated? Also the fonts on bezel is Grey or white? The bezel have got alignment problem or not?

Best Regards,

Raymond

And, I heard @Doc said his GMTIIc is stop working now.....so sorry to hear that...

Best Regards,

Raymond

Great pics. Thanks. Get that cyclops AR'd ;) Also, when I looked at one in the AD I don't remember the dude mentioning a spring loaded clasp, and it didn't feel like it either when I opened and closed it, that I remember. Hey if you want to get rid of that 104 now to make room in your watchbox for this let me know ;)

I love you bro! You did what you promise to me!

But..hmm...I didn't.....I haven't sleep all night waiting for your post....please don't hurt me,OK?

BTW, any comments for the GMTIIc? Is it real ceramic or PVD coated? Also the fonts on bezel is Grey or white? The bezel have got alignment problem or not?

Best Regards,

Raymond

And, I heard @Doc said his GMTIIc is stop working now.....so sorry to hear that...

Best Regards,

Raymond

Hey Ray.. I promised man.. the font IS GREY ... the bezel looks just like the genuine that I viewed at the AD.. it is supposed to be a composite of ceramic material..(glass like)..not PVD

No alignment problems on the bezel.. but you know how these go.. each could be different...

@newdoc.. yes there is no spring ..Huh ? the genuine owners write it is spring loaded.. mmm.. maybe they bought a bad rep..

It's a beauty for sure Lanikai. My buddy just got the full gold version from Trusty last week and it is really impressive. Probably my fav Rollie.

Guest carlsbadrolex

As is with all replicas, the perfectionists will find flaws... BUT, Am I looking at the most accurate Rolex replica to date?

Although the CG's look huge, they are supposed to. The bezel looks nearly spot on, and the dial is WOW.

Now, to ask a horrible question, I have read of "different versions" of this watch already. And that the "first version" is sold out.

Is THIS exact watch available? Or is this the "sold out" version? Or is there no such thing as a "sold out" version?

In any event, its pretty damn hot. Had I not just paid my atty $12.5k this week, I might be looking at a gen and then sending it to Hawaii for a side by side.

carlsbadrolex: this specific version was a unique run of the production for two of our collectors and is sold out. There is a new run, currently in production, exactly the same, but with a caliber with the usual GMT-rep 'wrong stack'. I don't have any inside info, I am just distilling 3 boards and a couple of threads :)

Get that cyclops AR'd ;)

Yes why not because it's easy to heat the crystal, then shear off the cyclops, coat, and then cement back in perfect alignment........errrr. :mellow:

Unless Jakub comes out and says he can 'mask off' the rest of the crystal during the AR process - which I doubt is possible given the conditions - then this is not going to be an option for most. To be honest, the naked eye difference is negligible and only noticeable in side-by-side comparison with the 16710.

Lani, what can I say except :drool: you know what you are responsible for ;)

If you need me to email you those pics on your other thread as hi-res, then just let me know.

Yes why not because it's easy to heat the crystal, then shear off the cyclops, coat, and then cement back in perfect alignment........errrr. :mellow:

Unless Jakub comes out and says he can 'mask off' the rest of the crystal during the AR process - which I doubt is possible given the conditions - then this is not going to be an option for most. To be honest, the naked eye difference is negligible and only noticeable in side-by-side comparison with the 16710.

Lani, what can I say except :drool: you know what you are responsible for ;)

If you need me to email you those pics on your other thread as hi-res, then just let me know.

Thanks S ... i need to get the same lighting as in your genuine pics... not to make excuses ... it was rushed yesterday .. I think the forum has enough pics of this model.. but this is definately a keeper.. the fact that the bezel is replicated so well and will not scratch as easily is a winner.. and the lume after all is not half bad.. it just needs charging... and yeah.. the cyclops is not an issue.. nice touch but not noticable..

OK... HAMBONE.. good to see you ma brah.. welcome back to all youz guyz this is a special week.. sorry it's 12:30 in the am my Coffee *cough*(Kona) is brewing and I'm waking up to get out the door...

@Privan... not awake enough to look for the serial number.. that would be nice if the first batch had different numbers..

@CBR .. yeah T for around 6500 to 7000 usd the genuine can be had.. it is a beaut.. but I think I'm happy with the rep..

Sure anyone with the genuine can send it to me and I'll be happy to take pics side by side.. but with the rep being the way it is.. well I promise to try and get the correct one back to you.. :lol:

in the GMT master of AllergyDoc the serial is Z754008

From Lanikai's pictures it seems it is the same serial..Trusty's is clearly the same.

BTW Here is a cool video of the genuine.. The clasp is great, and You can see how the jumping hours/date thing is on the genuine..

One final thing, this bezel click thing. Dealer descriptions say 12-click. Rep now confirmed by Lani has 24. Nitpickers says 'crap'.

But last time I checked, the genuine definitely had 24-clicks. And so it should as the bezel is marked with indices upto 24 (usually a clue ;)) and it is, after all, a GMT (usually another clue ;)). The 16710 with its ratchety 120-click was just ridiculous, and should be considered an intermediate stage in the ongoing evolution of this venerable model, in the same way the 16710 was an improvement over the 16750, and the 1675 over the 6542.

Although if you're one of those poor sods in Newfoundland, India, Iran, Afghanistan, Venezuela, Burma, the Marquesas, and peripheral parts of Australia that use half-hour timezone deviations, then you're buggered. :D

Forgot .. excuse my manners.. I'm running out da door.. THANK YOU

DBR .. take control Doc.. gotta go make money for more watches :lol:

great opn the bezel clicks.. took that bit of info off the genuine owners comments..

Since the Bezel is used in conjunction with the GMT hand (and the 24 "numbers" on it are "hours" for the second time zone), it "should" have 24 clicks

Something nobody's mentioning: how bad is the inner ring engraving? On andrew's site it seems nice, but on Joshua's pictures seems UGLY bold black(?) :blink:

Edited by millemiglia

Since the Bezel is used in conjunction with the GMT hand (and the 24 "numbers" on it are "hours" for the second time zone), it "should" have 24 clicks

Something nobody's mentioning: how bad is the inner ring engraving? On andrew's site it seems nice, but on Joshua's pictures seems UGLY bold black(?) :blink:

the bezel does have 24 clicks.. and the rehaut engraving ... when i viewed the genuine the engraving was hardly discernable.. Joshua's looks darker because of the lighting and pics.. on the rep it is well done.. it is a little darker on the rep .. not by much though..