When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eurotimez new MBW 2008 Submariner

Tribal

Hi Frank,

No worries, thanks for the feedback.

I think (but I'm not certain let experts confirm) that it can be a bit different from gen submariner to submariner... the date mag.

yes you are right it's not completely filled the gen but neither is the euromariner if you look closely there is space around the date... its just kind of hard to take a straight shot good shot.

NOOB VS EURO

web-mbk-vs-euromariner-137.jpg

GEN (this gen looks slightly bigger than the picture you send)

Rolex-16610.jpg

Rolex-16610-LV.jpg

21_09_06_rolex_anniversary_submariner_c.JPG

EURO VS NOOB

web-mbk-vs-euromariner-135.jpg

Edited by EuroTimez

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Frank,

No worries, thanks for the feedback.

yes - i saw also different noobmariners with different date-mags :)

looks like you really into it - which is great :)

please make the watch right and you have a new costumer.

i gave up on modern Sub - Reps long ago,

would love to have an 16610 back in my collection. :D

cheers,

Frank

I have always thought the noob date mag and rehaut to be the biggest tell that is was a replica. There are variations with gens as mentioned, but none are as weak as the noob.

Nice looking Sub indeed, where is it priced at in the market? More than a noob, but less than a MBK? :)

YEP Mickey you got it right! More than the Noob but a whole lot less than the MBK :p, rehaut depht on this one and the glass height is better than the noob, I think that the teeth like BK said in his review about all the 11610 is suppose to be sharp in which MBW / MBK scored the highest grade - the noob failed slightly in that aspect- and the case I'm using MBW for this Euromariner is exactly that, gen bezel construction, fat tube, better crown, bigger accurate date -but not too big like the standard MBW / MBK 11610.

Lets focus on TRIBAL REVIEW THO --I dont want to take away the show--... The first batch he should have in 1 week or so...

so stay tuned :p

Edited by EuroTimez

YEP Mickey you got it right! More than the Noob but a whole lot less than the MBK :p Lets focus on TRIBAL REVIEW THO --I dont want to take away the show--... The first batch he should have in 1 week or so...

so stay tuned :p

Tribal - 2 extra beer if you bring this watch to the GTG :D

Hey Frank,

I will bring them to GTG for shure ;)

You all dsicuss about the Datemag but you all must

realize that on the Gen one the Numbers are slightly smaller.

The Datewheel on the Noob is slightly bigger.

That makes a huge difference under magnification.

Fact is we will see a new Submariner with great features

but wait until my review is done.

Thanks in advance to Chris (Eurotimez)

Tribal - 2 extra beer if you bring this watch to the GTG :D

The problem with the noob is not the mag. The dial cut out isn't quite tall enough. File it out and it's perfect. Then you have an appropriate amount of "white" above and below the number. Number looks too magnified to me on the new one. But, time will tell...

2 extra bottles of champagne if alt.watch.obsessive brings the avatar :wub:

2 extra bottles of champagne if alt.watch.obsessive brings the avatar :wub:

hmm it's will be hard to do it :1: . If I'm not wrong this is girl from Poland, She's name is Ewa Sonet

sorry for EOT

Edited by szumi

I think this is a fantastic idea.

This mght even push me to finally get another 16610. I gave up with them almost a year ago. It's like smoking... you never really "give up", you're just having a "break".

PS: I think the issue with the Noob datewheel is due to a bit too high and thin numbers, and not cyclops magnification. Not a huge issue to me... I think I want one of these. :D

You all dsicuss about the Datemag but you all must

realize that on the Gen one the Numbers are slightly smaller.

The Datewheel on the Noob is slightly bigger.

That makes a huge difference under magnification.

Thanks in advance to Chris (Eurotimez)

Hi, If the DW is a problem I can have them MADE, yes I said that correctly Have them CUSTOM MADE... I just lack the KNOWHOW of how the gen should look like, does anybody have a spare GEN DW or the blue-print for the correct DW...... (need to order them by 2000 pieces so better get them done well the first time :p )

Then we can get something going??? I even looking into getting some dial produced, in contact with some factory but Again I lack the KNOWLEGDE and I'm fearful that they won't do a good job as it's quite costly, they even said I can have better lume if I provided them with the stuff.----lets keep that for the future---

But the DW should perhaps be a good start???

The noob are great watches, really for it's price tag, I sell them fully inspected at 120 usd... (without inspection it's no use to purchase one as 80% will have minor/major flaws) I love them dont get me wrong! ( I got 3 of my own, one on a leather strap DG2813, one on a silicon rubber strap DG2813, one ETA version on SS strap)

Yet I personally feel it lacks the feeling of MBW / MBK, like if you ever had an TW or MBK / MBW you know what I mean, I been talking to MBK alot and he told me a thing or two, he says his cases and straps are made of a higher grade steel... I don't think cutting out the Noobdial slightly larger is a solution on a massive scale, it's too nerve recking :p very creative solution tho if you got the skills for it...

Also everybody has they're pet-peeves and to me the DATE-MAG was one of them ... I know many ppl hate the ENGRAVINGS but personally I kind of like it --doesn't bother me--, it's really not that visible on the wrist, and I talked to MBK and he will have the ENGRAVINGS Re-done in the near future...

The engravings will only be HUGE and OBVIOUS to the ppl that HATE it, because when you focus on something that bugs you, dispite how small it in reality is -- it will "appear" that a mouse is an elephant... :) It's very subtle but at the GTG Tribal can show it to you! all of the above are going to him first :)

Edited by EuroTimez

i've looked the pics and compared closely to gen, euromariner looks overall very good but i must say datemag is slighty too strong.

In the comparison pic you showed mbk vs euro, i think mbk has 3x mag and euro 2.8x. Gen has 2.5x, date window shouldnt fill completely the cyclops screen, or not even close.

If you could change the cyclops it would be awesome

how about some flat top 3 datewheels preinstalled in your MBW1680 and 1665 as an option? I would buy that for sure!

I'd even put a nice flat top 3 datewheel in my noobmairners and MBW franken!!!

I am looking forward to the new reviews of this watch. I know by-tor will be doing one on your TT, Chris. I will definatly be a customer of yours. Since they are fairly expensive reps, I am waiting for these review to come out. I am looking to by a few. This is great they are producing such accurate watches today. I am glad they are finally producing the smaller more accurate crowns.

For one the price is afforable for everybody going around 250-275 usd (which will be the cheapest MBK MBW case in history), Case is MBK MBW, movement is different DG2813 (21.6k), date-mag is slightly smaller than MBW, hollow midlinks bracelet (like gen). We all know that MBK MBW dials and DW are horrible in comparison to gen if your a repnerd, the EURO has a noobdial (which is the closest to gen) + noobhands + noob DW, modded into the case... Upgrade movements are available at + 25 usd (DG4813, 28.8k) but you got to install it yourself. The EUROMARINER like MBW MBK has fat tube, smaller crown (than noob), gen bezel construction on 2008 models... etc. Watch incl full inspection + silicon grease on the rubbers and price also incl registered airmail shipping. Lets see what Tribal got to say, its already shipped off to him and should arrive in a couple of days...