When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Addicted? Are you talking to me?............

capice

There are always people who go to the extremes, beyond all borders of sanity. I once saw a collection of someone owning all possible Atari video game merchandise in the world. It was three rooms full of stuff.

Sick.

A great number of those watches are fairly cheap, non-Swiss models... I was much more impressed by the guy who posted his collection of about 12 pieces but all grand complications from Patek, VC, RD, AL&S, etc...

The quantity may be high but the quality is not worthy of accolade in my book.

What gets me about that post is that virtually every message there was congratulating him on such a magnificant accomplishment. I'm sorry, but that dude shouldn't have been congratulated-- someone should have asked if he's OK and if he's seeing anyone professionally. There is nothing -- NOTHING -- that is healthy about this guy. I'm not joking. It's one thing to be a collector. A collector finds an area of interest and focuses on objects that are meaningful to him or her. Possibly as an investment, and possibly for more esotaric or personal reasons. By contrast, this moron is totally indiscriminate. His collection has no rhyme or reason. It's just a [censored]load of watches. And it probably cost more than $300,000. And if you're spending that much on that much random crap, you've got a problem.

@seanf, couldn't agree more -- the way he described the experience in his post (especially the part re: changing all of the watch straps) left no doubt in my mind that this guy has more than a couple screws loose :crazy:

deltatahoe

dont forget he done all this while hearing star wars music, swiss empire strikes back! :bleh::animal_rooster:

okok, im done..

nono im not...

i want to steal all his collection without any bad feeling, sell them for steal price at fleabay and donate all the money to starving kids in africa..

so another kid learns a lesson and same time many people get happy

sry, i had to take it out :rolleyes:B)

iceberg-- I know what you mean about stealing his collection. Methinks that this is the type of guy who wouldn't notice if you replaced his PAM 111 with the cheapest $20 Canal Street garbage. Of course, I would be worried that if he did find out, he'd start screaming uncontrollably for 20 hours straight.

Definately a few clowns short of a circus.

This guy isn`t sick............... just as nutty as a fruit cake, and certainly not the brightest crayon in the box.

:lol: