When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quarter Finals Tomorrow

thomasng

I am now supporting France too. My natural second choice, obviously.

I guess what English fans would say if you stated in a Pub that now England is out you are supporting France..

I guess you haven't lived long enough in England :rolleyes:

You are all too lucky Greece is not qualified :p

England-Portugal was a real disappointment. Neither team really deserves to win the championship.

Rooney acted like a fool -- and right in front of the ref. He deserved his sendoff. Ronaldo showed spurts or greatness, but seems as if he needs more burning focus.

France, on the other hand, showed what a championship caliber team really looks like. Great team and individual play. Although Germany will always be my number 1 team, I have to say that France deserves to be in the final.

Bring it on!

I guess what English fans would say if you stated in a Pub that now England is out you are supporting France..

I guess you haven't lived long enough in England :rolleyes:

You are all too lucky Greece is not qualified :p

Well yeah but Kostas, Pugwash lives in France :brow:

Well yeah but Kostas, Pugwash lives in France :brow:

Indeed. I lived in England, then Scotland, back to England and now France. Most of my friends at work are French and the pubs I go to are French. I've been holding up the English end now, and all my French friends supported me in supporting England, so it's only fair I return the favour.

England has never won a penalty shootout in World Cup (and European Championship).

England beat Spain on penalties in the quater-finals of Euro 96.

Anyway, gutted that England lost tonight. A true fan supports his team no matter how much that team might be struggling. Those people who sit there eating their prawn sandwiches, supporting different teams depending on which one is playing well.... they are not true fans.

Well, Zidane against Ronaldinho today...and you saw what's the difference between men and boys. ;)

Z is still the best in the world. He's the only totally dominating midfielder in football since Maradonna and will be remembered as one of the greats.

Ronaldinho did absolutely NOTHING in this tournament and the whole Brazilian team was so overhyped, it's not even funny.

See ya Brazil, no more Joga Bonito for you! :bleh: Zidane p0wned you this time! :thumbsupsmileyanim::yeah:

Sorry for all those people who lost money betting on Brazil grabbing the cup. :p:whistling::victory:

Engerland are going home.......oh dear how sad......lovely boys....! :rolleyes:

Only a Scotsman can say that! :lol:

I found it quite sad that it seems the 2 best players in the world according to FIFA were absolutely useless the whole tournament. Ronaldinho did absolutely nothing with all the hype surrounding him, Brazil was utterly disorganized and put on a very disappointing show this year at the World Cup, looks like no more glory for Ronaldo's final World Cup.

Also, unfortunately Frank Lampard was as useless as a chocolate teapot this World Cup too, while scoring plenty in qualifying and for Chelsea.... Sad that Beckham and probably Neville's time for England ended in such circumstances. I would have accepted a 1-0 defeat much better than a loss on penalty shootout. Also, I'm starting to wonder what will happen to C.Ronaldo when he returns to Man Utd, Rooney will probably break his legs and Van Nistelrooy may join in too.

Happy days! :animal_rooster:

I was beginning to worry that England might actually improve and do the unthinkable....phew!

No great, amusing "calamities" of previous years, but I'll take my Scolari wins as I find them! :rolleyes:

Nice work Rooney - I think someone said on an earlier thread that they hoped he was fit for the WC in order to get sent off at a crucial stage.

It did seem that Sven was beginning to get deluded - talking up their Final appearance before negotiating his way through the quarters.

Shattered after staying up until 4am to watch that one!

Good work France! I said they were a good money bet! Brazil were on stupid odds to win, especially when the record books say that they don't do especially well when the WC is on European soil (compared to when it isn't).

Ronaldinho had an utterly hopeless World Cup, along with Lampard.

Now it gets interesting....any one of the remaining teams can win this thing, and they know it.

He'll probably get a big hug from Ferguson! England out, and Rooney safe from injury! :bleh:

I thought the word was that C Ronaldo wants to move Spain anyway.

Before the game, he was talking about moving to Real Madrid, I guess he has even more motivation to do so now, as I think he can't even step foot in England anymore.

He'll probably get a big hug from Ferguson! England out, and Rooney safe from injury!

Rooney will probably punch Christano Ronaldo in the face when they're back at ManYoo and go to jail for that! :lol:

I thought the word was that C Ronaldo wants to move Spain anyway.

Didn't he say that he's going to Barca soon?

Still remember Perugia fired AHN Jung Hwan in 2002?

Don't forget that Fergie is a Scot!

After the soccer scanal, I hope the Italian don't win. It's quite ironic if they do.

It would just make football look bad as a sport in general, it sends the message that cheating will bring you glory IMO, and it would be ironic in the sense the whole candal is revolving around match-fixing. We'll wait and see.

It's unfair to ciritcise Ronaldinho (will he be called by his real name Ronaldo once the senior one retires?). He sacrificed himself for the team and played deeper in midfield.

At Barcelona, he has a more-or-less "free role" and usually starts deployed on the left of the attack. For Brasil, he was in central midfield. The one Brasilian that looked good was Kaka, but sadly he played injured yesterday.

Lampard has no such excuse. His presence in the team shackled Steven Gerrard to a defensive midfield position. No problem if Lampard scores ,but he was a liability.

I'm glad Owen Hargreaves proved the media (and most England fans) wrong.

As for the semis... Portugal are the only team left that have never won the World Cup... always good to have a new face as it can bring more competition in the future.