When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO 1:1 Coming Soon

A side by side comparisson... that would be great Thomas!!! :)

i think the gen comes in titanium AND in steel. Look at the Kronos Club website... both exist as i understand it and it also seems both have exactly the same specifications including the same dial. Only the material of the case/bracelet is different as i understand it.

Yes, it's true it comes in both metals. The genuine piece I have is in Ti, so I can't compare the weight.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that the steam has settled a bit, I have a question about bracelet/strap options for the ROO. I went to the APBand website where I found some killer croc and gator straps. I also noticed a conversion kit for fitting straps to an ROO fitted with a metal bracelet. Is this conversion kit necessary? The horned gator is killer :)

@Jawo-

If you want to retrofit a strap to a bracelet model, you'll need the conversion links; the bracelet has them built into the main link, so the only way to have the versatility of both (i.e. without destroying the bracelet to get these links) is to get the conversion kit.

@Jawo-

If you want to retrofit a strap to a bracelet model, you'll need the conversion links; the bracelet has them built into the main link, so the only way to have the versatility of both (i.e. without destroying the bracelet to get these links) is to get the conversion kit.

and I'll follow that with a link to the coversion kit for AP bands... not cheap though..

http://apbands.com/shop/merchant.mvc?Scree...Product_Count=0

well i have been looking for what my next watch will be and i think i have found it, i would have never been able to live with the seconds @ 9 version and now this is out it looks like i will have to save some pennys and make some straps again so at my prices it will be a while before i can get it. I would say that this would pass all but a wis inspection when it is on your wrist,

A question is this a Genta designed watch?

Also i am assuming this has a well designed jeweled modual to transfer the seconds to 12 like the sec at 3 movement, i wait with baited breath for Ziggy to clue us all in!

If you buy this bracelet version you need to get a conversion-kit to fit a strap...you have 4 options ro do so:

- get an MBW strap incl. the conversion-kit (metal plots) and a nice deployant (100$ - 270$)

- get an ORACLE strap incl. endlinks, a ss buckle and a screw driver, the black rubber grey stitch looks killer (249$)

- get the APbands combo, conversion-kit and a strap...AAA-quality but the price is a bit higher (180$ + 100-260$)

- get on the phone, call the nearest AP Service Center (Clearwater), talk to Chad and try to get the original endlinks and a strap of your taste (way above 600$ for the cheapest combo)

Another option is a SIMONA strap for AP...she does these straps with plots that are covered by the actual leather in use...looks stylish...but you cannot use the endlinks alone....strap and endlinks are 1 piece!

I did the Oracle-style way.....the straps (I got all 3 possible) are top notch and the price is not bad either....you are able to use the endlinks for other straps...cool-move.

Theo

...EDIT...before the guy who posts before thinking gets on this strap-boat as well and tries to stap into my raft....APbands strap are top quality, the people there are good and easy to deal with and they offer the best variants....you know who you are pricky-boy :gun2:

Aaahhhh .. once again Dani .. I see you have come to brilliant conclusions, without the actual item in hand.. .. so if this "off board dealer" has such a good price then "put your money where your MOUTH (or in this instance fingers are)" .. talk is cheap and unless you are "willing" to do something about it as "proof" then all you are doing is blowing smoke.. you come across with a "LOT" of hot air and I for one cannot grasp or understand the odor you are blowing...

Seems as if you won't stop calling people out so let's see some "action" on your part !! you post that you "find" this and that "good deals"

BTW... from dealers no one heard of; but are you willing to stick your neck out and pull the trigger or are you waiting for someone else to do it with your great "finds"

You "accuse" me of being a "follower" .. yet I think I have stood by "my" decisions with action and posted the replications without "advertising" my collector or collectors.. have you ?? or is this just another example of your "crying", because you don't want to or cannot purchase it and are trying to influence others to do the same ?? I cannot remember ever seeing any of these "great deals" that you happen to Google on your wrist or any kind of write up or anything that resembles factual posts !

"little boy" why don't you take your narcissistic thoughts of yourself and your view of the world with your eloquent verbs and try and do something useful for a change like keeping your petty asinine "so called" thoughts in perspective..

You are not contemplating purchasing anything ... I can stand by my decisions!.. but it would seem that your post cry out that you are always a "victim" of circumstance !!

So I would like to see something that resembles action.. Put up or SHUT UP !!.. all these lower price reps you find let's see your expertise in action FOR ONCE just ONE TIME ..Because speaking just for myself I am totally tired of your petty A S S name calling and diatribes that hold no validity or truth.. like your sales .. all Bull Excrement !!!

Show Something other than just WORDS !!! other wise just revert back to your tantrums.. i could use some entertaining today .. specifically a GOOD LAUGH

Disrespect meant !!

Lani

whatever you said, i have read till "you accuse me of being a follower" and you do sound like a follower. give it a rest!

Edited by slay

I went to APStraps and priced out the conversion links, buckle and strap. Total is $540. As much as the watch itself. I know the strap will completely transform the watch but DAMN that is pricey. Where can I find the MBW straps?

If you buy this bracelet version you need to get a conversion-kit to fit a strap...you have 4 options ro do so:

- get an MBW strap incl. the conversion-kit (metal plots) and a nice deployant (100$ - 270$)

- get an ORACLE strap incl. endlinks, a ss buckle and a screw driver, the black rubber grey stitch looks killer (249$)

- get the APbands combo, conversion-kit and a strap...AAA-quality but the price is a bit higher (180$ + 100-260$)

- get on the phone, call the nearest AP Service Center (Clearwater), talk to Chad and try to get the original endlinks and a strap of your taste (way above 600$ for the cheapest combo)

Another option is a SIMONA strap for AP...she does these straps with plots that are covered by the actual leather in use...looks stylish...but you cannot use the endlinks alone....strap and endlinks are 1 piece!

I did the Oracle-style way.....the straps (I got all 3 possible) are top notch and the price is not bad either....you are able to use the endlinks for other straps...cool-move.

Theo

...EDIT...before the guy who posts before thinking gets on this strap-boat as well and tries to stap into my raft....APbands strap are top quality, the people there are good and easy to deal with and they offer the best variants....you know who you are pricky-boy :gun2:

I went to APStraps and priced out the conversion links, buckle and strap. Total is $540. As much as the watch itself. I know the strap will completely transform the watch but DAMN that is pricey. Where can I find the MBW straps?

I just ordered my strap from Aaron (hktan) ... his horned gator looks great .. I believe the same strap on AP bands is 349 usd... I believe the leather strap model will be made for the replication .. so I'm ordering the strap now and playing a wait and see with the conversion kit and deployment buckle..

Eurotimez was doing a group buy for the horn-back straps wasn't he? Worth asking him, as you also get the end links in his deal, as well as an optional deployant clasp.

the safari model they came out with is very inaccurate. the dial should be cream (off-white) with white subs. also, the

numbers should be very dark brown and not black. i think the most accurate out of the bunch is the white with grey

subs. i think they will be coming out with a rubber strap option in a few weeks. then i think i will buy one.

Dani:

One of the now "key subjects" of this Thread is you're excused from it...

Between your display here and your display in the football Thread...

Time for another time out...

I believe your warning meter is now peaked...

We'll give you a week this time...

Niter's Big Boy!

Double T

One week that was fast man,times fly when your having fun.

Look at yourself before you look at others.

Remeber last time you banned me?Yeah did i not get a "sorry" from you then ;)

Enjoy ,

Dani

Nice cheap shot, i thought we had settled after talking on pm.

But i see you are the kind of person that after i said sorry for my behavior against you, thakes cheap shots after me when i cant reply.

Thanks man what a great person you are.

Also a great strap option is

http://strapluxe.com/

Ap Bands i now have some great straps, it is just when they act like they did against me i cant recomend them but yes their products is top notch.

Have a great day all,

Cheers,

Dani

Nothing like starting where you left off hey Dani? Lessons clearly learned on your part...

You really are adding so much to these forums with your insightful posts, keep it up the good work! You are a credit to the forums :rolleyes:

what is your problem, i think you shoud get banned for trying to get me angry, this is like the second attempt just today.

he took a cheap shot (pam1a) i responded in a ok manner nothing big but i see you are trying to get it to be a bigger issue.

I hope mods give you a time out, what positive are you bringing to this forum?

Dani

Gentlemen, please act like it. :group: Back to the topic at hand, do peope agree that the one with white dial and grey sub-dials is the most accurate version. Has anyone actually received one yet?

I think so.

I saw the gen today rubberclad and navy version i had the rep photos on my iphone to try see have it compere. :D

The date window does not look so bad compard to the gen but its a little diffrent.

Cheers and Kruz can you pm me.

Cheers