When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of Eurotimez "Euromariner"

Tribal

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone HAS to be V E R Y specific here.....we just dont want lug holes....we want the CORRECT SIZED LUG HOLES.....huge difference! Along with the correct sized spring bars. Does anyone know the correct diameter of Rolex lugholes?????????? Lets get this 100% right from the start.

I'll add to that, the holes also must be correctly placed (exactly like on the vintage MBW 1680/1665 etc etc) else gen end-links won't fit right.

use that case... no engraving on rehaut, correctly drilled lug holes that go straight through and not drilled at an angle like some of the cheaper subs. They need to go straight through like the MBW 1680 and 1665 holes, BUT they need to be bigger in diameter.. 1.3mm in diameter?

Also it will need to be fitted with a 91350 bracelet and 580 end links (i think 580 is correct for this model)

The SEL noob bracelet could also be correct but this combo was only offered for a year or two around 1995. The end links would have to be drilled out to accept gen size spring bars though...

This is gunna be good if done correctly and you can sign me up for one right away. it would be nice if u could offer the fast beat movement preinstalled also.

:)

dizz

This would be the real deal, lets face it, how hard could it of been back in the day to supply all previous Subs with the correct size/position holes, the makers had done all the hard work with cases,dials, bracelets and always let it down with the lug holes and Polex etc engravings

correctly located lugholes I think they makers can do, I doubt that they would make them gen sized... as long as they are in the correct location, you mod them to the right size.

But it is imperitive that they are in the correct location. and as for a bracelet, NO SEL's would be better, but should we press our luck?

Thanks for the feedback everyone, will contact them about the LUGHOLES again later today ---according to Tribal it's suppose to be 1.2mm--

I think but can't be 100% sure tho because I'm not the one doing it but if I can convince them to do it it won't be a problem to drill it right like on the 1680 cases etc...

Chris

Edited by EuroTimez

I personally would only want lug holes if they were EXACTLY the correct size and had the correct postitioning...if they were off like say some of the older TW modern subs I would rather have no lug holes. Also I assume if we went with lug holes, no rehaut engraving....we also wouldnt want the etched crown on the crystal.....then we would also want the correct style 90's bracelet. It would also be great if we could do a group buy with an installed ETA.

Edited by CY0811

If its done RIGHT I will def order at least one....and I have 7 rep subs ALREADY!!!!! lol

OK, so I am a long time rep owner, but not a long-time Rolex guy. I just got my first sub (which I love), so forgive the ignorance... why, exactly, do I want more than 1 black faced sub?

...I just got my first sub (which I love), so forgive the ignorance... why, exactly, do I want more than 1 black faced sub?

Well we call that Rolex Disorder Disease (RDD) or more specificaly Rolex Sub Disorder Disease (RSDD) :D

Look at my signature :shock:

I think that we should only ask correct position for the lugholes. Everything else could be modded. The crystal could be swapped, etc....

Since it accept gen crystal, gen dial, gen bezel, etc.... c'mon!!! shaving the crownguards it's the least problem! easy job! :D

I think that we should ask only correct position. It's a reasonable request for mbk (I don't think they'll ask to manufacturer a special crystal without etched crown).

We would take care of all the other flaws B)

Mmm :wub: I smell transitional franken sub flavour in the air :bangin::D

Thats also my opinion.

Correct drilled Lugholes on the base Case is good

enough for me.

Cg's and all other small issues don't bother me at all.

You all must understand the Case is still there.

I told Chris to talk to the Factory that they drill the Lugs

1,2 mm and not smaller than on al other Modells.

I think also its easier to do than smaller.

When this all will work than we can happy enough I think ;)

I still don't believe that these stars are aligning... can this be the dawn of a new day in the rep world, when dealers and factories and customers all come together and produce a piece finally worthy of the super rep badge of honor? I keep telling myself is can't be... it can't be... but after watching my red soxs come back in 04 to win their first world series in 86 years, I must scream with all my heart... I BELIEVE... I BELIEVE...

this can happen, dreams do come true...

now where do I pay mr chris... :)

Can anyone tell me when this watch will be available and if I can chose a Swiss movement? I would love to have this but only if it came with a genuine ETA movement. Also, lug holes, no engraving on crystal or rehaut is a must! Can I get an authoritative source to quote me a price on this becase I can put an order in for 10 if the price is anywhere reasonable.