When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How many reps do you have to buy?

Jawo

Do not kid yourself, we are a significant portion of their sales. Do you think all these improvements over the last couple of years would have happened without the input of these forums? No, they would have continued manufacturing the crap you see on Canal street.

It was US that motivated these high end replicas. It is us who are willing to pay top dollar for FAKES.

Do you think the average internet cruiser would?

I agree with the above comments about Joshua. He has been sterling to me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not kid yourself, we are a significant portion of their sales.

I agree with the above comments about Joshua. He has been sterling to me.

I agree with you also Robertk, Joshua has been great to me as well, no question about that.

Like I said though, "I didn't just make this shit up." But I will not get into it any further then I have already, out of respect.

I enjoy RWG and prefer to bring a positive attitude here then get involved in any drama if at all possible. I just want to share my enjoyment of the hobby with you guys. :)

30 watches a year at an average of $300 figure a conservative profit margin of 50% that's $4,500 - 500 in shipping is 4K a year from you alone...in profit. In a year.

Now, if he sells 50 per day... that's 50 x $300 is 15000 @ 50% profit is 7500 - (50 watches x an avg of $20 to ship = 1000) = 6500.

A day.

Figure the amortized cost of website hosting, cc processing, misc bribes, what have you and he's probably clearing (with his own data and conservative estimates used in my theory) between 5500-6000. A day.

That's around $2,000,000 a year in USD assuming some misc. taxes and stuff. Do you know what $2,000,000 a year USD buys you in China? A [censored]ing lot.

I have mentioned before that Andrew spends 6 months of the year in Singapore.

Answers some of his calls on a Blackberry, and you don`t think he dropships also ?

There`s a little shipping factory going on there , believe me.

As for comments like that, joke or not,........remember ready money can go anywhere.

Andrew receives a huge amount of email and he is about the most concientious dealer I have dealt with in responding in a timely manner. Keep in mind English is not his native tounge and if his email seemed condecending, I do not believe he meant it as such. As a businessman he is grateful for any and all orders, and when pressed with a specific question about how many watches constitutes a large amount, I am sure he was speaking more from a point of pride in his business. I sell art and I have a client who has purchased over 3 million and some that have purchased 3 hundred. Often I bring up this client as it is a point of pride for me to have such a loyal client.

I would not let Andrews comment make you feel slighted as I am sure he did not mean it to be a put down in any way.

Well Andrew emailed me and told me that he was just joking and that what he said was not meant to be taken seriously. It makes me feel a bit better and I feel bad now about posting this thread. He thought and assumed that I was a small collector reselling his watches because of the quantity I have purchased. He didn't fully realize that I was buying for my own personal collection. Appologies to you Andrew.

I agree with you also Robertk, Joshua has been great to me as well, no question about that.

Like I said though, "I didn't just make this shit up." But I will not get into it any further then I have already, out of respect.

I enjoy RWG and prefer to bring a positive attitude here then get involved in any drama if at all possible. I just want to share my enjoyment of the hobby with you guys. :)

I bought 6 watches from Josh for myself and a couple of buddies in one transaction a couple of years ago. (I'd probably purchased 3 or 4 before that from him) One was a ICHS GMT II and when it arrived the rotor was loose and apparantly had never been locked in place as it was just sitting there bouncing around when I opened the case. I emailed Josh and less than one week later I had a brand new modified ETA movement in my hands, at no cost. He's the best in my book.

Edited by OI812

Well Andrew emailed me and told me that he was just joking and that what he said was not meant to be taken seriously. It makes me feel a bit better and I feel bad now about posting this thread. He thought and assumed that I was a small collector reselling his watches because of the quantity I have purchased. He didn't fully realize that I was buying for my own personal collection. Appologies to you Andrew.

Well, now we all owe Andrew an apology if he was seriously just joking around.........either that or he read this thread and realized that he [censored] off the wrong customer and that RWG members don't take $hit from dealers and band together as a community when it comes to BS treatment! As I said before, we could always take OUR BIZNIZ ELSEWHERE!

That's why this place is important for us collectors because this is the place where we all could share our experiences and band together as a community so that we have one strong voice. As Confucious (or was that my Grandfather????, uhmmmmmm) said: "10 sticks banded together is always stonger than one!"

Cheers Mates.....now we're happy again!

Hike!

I was a bit confused at this as when I bought from Andrew he was very comical and never rude.. ever.. when he joked it was to the point of directing me to a ebay case set that was actually fake and selling for over 1k, I thought he was telling me to go buy that one.. .. so I can see if you take this seriously then .. it could bow up into a very nasty situation..

for a minute I really thought he was serious and condesending.. but it turned out he was "joking".. he ended with asking me for some coconut's ..

so with all the multi cultures here I can see where humor can be misunderstood... we in Hawaii have jokes for every ethnic culture "that is from here".. that is the difference that people would not understand.. ie. I would not go to China and make the same jokes that I would make to my Chinese buddy here.. I may not return..

Glad everything worked out..

Do not kid yourself, we are a significant portion of their sales. Do you think all these improvements over the last couple of years would have happened without the input of these forums? No, they would have continued manufacturing the crap you see on Canal street.

It was US that motivated these high end replicas. It is us who are willing to pay top dollar for FAKES.

Do you think the average internet cruiser would?

Totally agree with Robert. Forum sales are significant for them... 1-2% is way off the mark... no average person would ever pay those prices. Rolex maybe, but obscure reps: Ebel BTR, Vacheron Overseas, seconds at '12 AP, Chopard Mille Miglia, etc. etc.

They're not mainstream watches by any means. With those prices, they're clearly directed at harcore WIS only.

I also agree about Joshua. Good dealer, who has proved himself many times. Always been helpful to me.

Hi JAWO, Hambone and all...

Well... JAWO has always been a customer of mine and all the while, I thought he was reselling to friends or customers around him. So its all a joke when I mentioned that his sales was little because I knew he bought alot more last time. Anyway, with all the news of upcoming reps, most people will always like to hold on their money to get the best bang for the buck, right?

I have many people asking me... When's the CONCORD coming? Some of them make it a ritual to ask me every 24 hours ... trust me. They are this religious when it comes to watches.. LOL

JAWO... sincere apologies if there was words that I mis-used.. Language does have different meaning if perceived differently. I came in to post because I had about 4 regular customers who emailed me just a while ago asking me to clear my name here.. Well as I know JAWO and some of you guys well, the Forum guys do know I meant no harm.... never.

Its been a great time reading in the Forums but emails kept me away from Forums many a time... Guess you guys know I work more than 14-16 hours a day replying mails and handling the orders. =) All EMAILS will ALWAYS be answered by me.. no one else, not my sons, not my wifey, not my guys

JUST ME... =)

Have a good day... guys.

**CONCORD C1 is delayed due to Bezel issues which the Maker is looking into. Trust me..this is hella of a replica that must get on your wrist!

CHEERS

ANDREW

Thanks Andrew for taking the time to respond to this thread. I guess misunderstandings happen and I am glad we cleared this up. I know now not to take you too seriously :p You have always worked very hard to keep me happy and many others in this forum. Now when is this damn C1 available? :D

I would expect better treatment than that buying one watch. Not one watch per week or per month, but one watch period.

What more do you want? A rim job? Where do these people come from? Oh, North Carolina. :D