When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Show Us Your Grail Sports Watch

RobbieG

I was wondering if most people here are like me in that gen choices tend to be simple sports watches or if your dream watches gravitate toward high complications. I'm guessing more towards the sports side. Anyway, let me start by saying the love affair with my UN Maxi Diver is just tireless so at the moment I am lucky to own my current grail sports watch. So simple, so unique, and actually not particularly expensive all things considered. Before this piece I didn't have anything I would consider a grail watch in the sports category and although I knew it was special, I had no idea it would end up being my favorite sports watch of all time. My collection is getting fairly substantial and yet I can't keep my hands of this one most days. It would take something special to knock this off that spot for me.

We should do one of these for dress watches and a final one for complications too. Until then, please share your current grail sports watch and post a photo whether you own it yet or not. Let's make this a big thread...

UN12r.jpg

RobbieG, the dial on that maxi is the best one Imo.

Picked this one up a little while back, sometimes I wish I could flip it and wear it in reverse. My grail manufacture period.

picture790mr2.jpg

picture823vq8.jpg

picture815qe2.jpg

Just got in this Arnold, has a water (sport) heritage so here it is. 45mm, with a 7 day reserve movement. Not a well known maufacture, but they have some nice offerings.

ezew127bq2.jpg

ezew142cu7.jpg

ezew153ty4.jpg

Here's mine:

IMG_6996.jpg

Picked it up off Ebay 6 yrs ago for less than many are now paying for alleged "super reps"@$435.00...IIRC!!BNIB!!

The sparkplug is from Jochen Rindt's Cooper Maserati that he drove in the US grand Prix at Watkins Glen in 1967...I picked it up myself from the pile of 36 of them in his pits after a plug change..Yeah...A V-12 with 3 plugs per cylinder!!...Not too long after that he was killed in a race crash...

BTW the watch is a Gen too!!...I wore it every day for @4 yrs until I got bitten by the REP bug!! ;) ;) :) :)

Picked this one up a little while back, sometimes I wish I could flip it and wear it in reverse. My grail manufacture period.

picture790mr2.jpg

picture823vq8.jpg

picture815qe2.jpg

Fantastic...I loe Glashutte - have a Pano Reserve myself. Eastren Germany just rules in the finish department. Still holding out for a Lange but I gotta recharge my money tree for a few more months. I'm getting a Grande Lange but I really want a Datograph...Yum.

Here's mine:

IMG_6996.jpg

Picked it up off Ebay 6 yrs ago for less than many are now paying for alleged "super reps"@$435.00...IIRC!!BNIB!!

The sparkplug is from Jochen Rindt's Cooper Maserati that he drove in the US grand Prix at Watkins Glen in 1967...I picked it up myself from the pile of 36 of them in his pits after a plug change..Yeah...A V-12 with 3 plugs per cylinder!!...Not too long after that he was killed in a race crash...

BTW the watch is a Gen too!!...I wore it every day for @4 yrs until I got bitten by the REP bug!! ;) ;) :) :)

What a steal! SOOO cool on the plug, BTW. I love nostalgic stuff like that!

I was wondering if most people here are like me in that gen choices tend to be simple sports watches or if your dream watches gravitate toward high complications. I'm guessing more towards the sports side. Anyway, let me start by saying the love affair with my UN Maxi Diver is just tireless so at the moment I am lucky to own my current grail sports watch. So simple, so unique, and actually not particularly expensive all things considered. Before this piece I didn't have anything I would consider a grail watch in the sports category and although I knew it was special, I had no idea it would end up being my favorite sports watch of all time. My collection is getting fairly substantial and yet I can't keep my hands of this one most days. It would take something special to knock this off that spot for me.

We should do one of these for dress watches and a final one for complications too. Until then, please share your current grail sports watch and post a photo whether you own it yet or not. Let's make this a big thread...

UN12r.jpg

I completely agree with your love affair with the UN Maxi Marine Diver. I've yet to purchase a gen, but seriously thinking about it. I'll certainly go for the SS version, but my ultimate dream watch is the rose gold version with the black dial. Simply sublime, but at 20k+, it'll have to wait.

picture790mr2.jpg

picture823vq8.jpg

picture815qe2.jpg

Just got in this Arnold, has a water (sport) heritage so here it is. 45mm, with a 7 day reserve movement. Not a well known maufacture, but they have some nice offerings.

ezew127bq2.jpg

ezew142cu7.jpg

ezew153ty4.jpg

Beautiful Arnold & Sons. . .I am definitely gonna check out their offerings. Sweet!

Guest carlsbadrolex
Breguet-3820-Type-XX-Transatlantique-a.jpg

Hey BT, just an FYI... a friend of mine just traded this watch in at Leo Hamel Jewelers in Old Town (San Diego, CA.).

He took a bath on it and I actually told him he was nuckin futz for giving it to them.

You can probably get a sweet deal on it if you call Terri Hamel. If she gives you any crap, let me know and I will call her for you. I KNOW what they paid for it!

I completely agree with your love affair with the UN Maxi Marine Diver. I've yet to purchase a gen, but seriously thinking about it. I'll certainly go for the SS version, but my ultimate dream watch is the rose gold version with the black dial. Simply sublime, but at 20k+, it'll have to wait.

Yeah I'm not usually a gold guy but I just took that plunge funny you should mention. I opted for the MMD Chrono in rose with the black dial. It is backordered though andf I am told it may be three months or more wait...