When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Midweek Wristcheck

ubiquitous

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fijuu nice watches guys!

I just came from work :( put in solid 11 hours + today due to the visit from World Wide Sales guys we had today for the 2H of the year plan. (the sales guys on the boards know how this goes round tables , brainstorming bla bla bla ) ...

I took a quick shot of my wrist for u on my balcony before i slip into something more comfy ... needless to say this was one of the conversation starters over working lunch today ;)

shirtcufrolli.jpg

regards Laz

Coooool !!!! how bout a tat of the coronet .... on the neck :o .. maybe not.. :D

Mahalos Lanikai. My dry cleaning lady also extends her aloha. B)

Nice piece! But, aren't you worried about the sec @6?

I transplanted one dial and the A7750 from the newer daytona with more correct dial and 28.8k to the 1st generation caseset.. the more correct thinner caseset ...

now this daytona and the vintage Newman Daytona .. both had issues .. the Newman (can never remember the numbers) .. was 60 min fast every 12 hours.. something was crimped in the mainspring area .. and it needed regulating badly .. I was told the lever to regulate on the A7750 is only good for 15 to 20 seconds.. yet when I played with it over the next 2 day's the movement is now running spot on with my blackberry..

with this daytona.. the movement would stop every 2 hours .. after I transplanted it.. what I found was the area next to the mainspring was too tight against the case.. conclusion would be that the defect could be poor assembly around the mainspring.. or poor quality in build around that area, it was the same problem with the Newman.. but that has been running great..(knock on wood).. it's been running fine since then..

I transplanted one dial and the A7750 from the newer daytona with more correct dial and 28.8k to the 1st generation caseset.. the more correct thinner caseset ...

now this daytona and the vintage Newman Daytona .. both had issues .. the Newman (can never remember the numbers) .. was 60 min fast every 12 hours.. something was crimped in the mainspring area .. and it neede regulating badly .. I was told the lever to regulate on the A7750 is only good for 15 to 20 seconds.. yet when I played with it over the next 2 day's the movement is now running spot on with my blackberry..

with this daytona.. the movement would stop every 2 hours .. after I transplanted it.. what I found was the area next to the mainspring was too tight against the case.. conclusion would be that the defect could be poor asembly around the mainspring.. or poor quality in build around that area, it was the same problem with the Newman.. but that has been running great..(knock on wood).. but it's been running fine since then..

Glad to hear that.....gud for ya brah! I always love Daytonas and I'd love to get one of those newer ones, but that Sec @6 scares the hell out of me! Hopefully they'll build a better one!

Good idea, lani. I think I'll opt with a Daytona for the next few days as well :)

Thurs:

203_0367.jpg

Fri:

IMG_3707.jpg

Sat:

IMG_3575.jpg

:wub: Yes.. UBI .. but your Daytona's are in their "own" league .... *sigh*...... look at those bezels !!!!! needless to say.. dials..

Freddy, I'm just curious...are you reading a book by Alan Flusser?

Yup. You have a good eye. I have all of his books (for those unfamiliar, Flusser dressed the main characters in the movie 'Wall Street'). If you want to develop a personal style (as opposed to following the fashion trend du jour), begin here

infrared1.jpg

Ending the work week with my usual beater

cafedweller3.jpg