When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Monday-Tuesday Wristcheck

By-Tor

Good Monday morning. I'm on a summer holiday, enjoying my days off. Been mainly going to the gym, listening to music, playing video games and browsing the watch forums. Life is good! :)

Starting the week with my GMT.

wrist1-1.jpg

3a-1.jpg

Hello everybody,

I wish you will have a great week B)

As the couple is definitely back ...

Rolex1680Couple_800_01B.jpg

I'm wearing the youngest one today

Rolex1680Couple_800_16.jpg

With some nice scratches on the genuine crystal ( :angry: ) and a perfect dial finaly, at least in my opinion

Rolex1680Couple_800_15B.jpg

Might wear the mother tomorrow ;)

Rolex1680Couple_800_10B.jpg

All the best,

Stephane

What is the story behind the dial & DW? Gens?

Either way, the watch definitely has a sleeker look with a white dial.

Nope...not gens...

The original dial had a flaw on one of the lume dots at the 12-position. It wasn't noticeable on the wrist, but it bugged me so I ordered a replacement dial from Angus.

The DW came from lello. It took a couple of months, but it was worth it!

I'll have to pay myself on my back for not fudging-up the when I was performing the work. I need to get a better tool to set hands. I've been looking at the press-style tools...Have you had any experience with these?

One more thing...this thing is powered by a Swiss 7753. It appears to be running spot-on, but I'll be sending it Rex (over at RG) for a full service and regulation for an added peace of mind.

The original dial had a flaw on one of the lume dots at the 12-position. It wasn't noticeable on the wrist, but it bugged me so I ordered a replacement dial from Angus.

The DW came from lello. It took a couple of months, but it was worth it!

I'll have to pay myself on my back for not fudging-up the when I was performing the work. I need to get a better tool to set hands. I've been looking at the press-style tools...Have you had any experience with these?

A well deserved pat. Your watch looks great.

I generally use either a piece of rodico or vinyl tipped tweezers to place hands into position on their pinions & then either a Bergeon hand setting tool or a staking bit to set them in place. But everyone seems to have their own procedure.

Wore this to dinner

striped3002b1.jpg