When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lugholes drilled II...

Omega

Today I found the best solution to drill the lugholes, for now. It takes a lot of time, but it's possible to drill

very clean lugholes - like you see here. They are even from inside polished!

Both cases are completely overworked (polished case/rehaut and brushed lugholes from down- and upside). On the CN-case I did also the CG's...

CN:

7dek-1.jpg

7dek-2.jpg

7dek-3.jpg

7dek-4.jpg

7dek-5.jpg

7dek-6.jpg

7dek-7.jpg

7dek-8.jpg

And now some eyecandy for our Noob-lovers... :D

Noobmariner:

7dek-y.jpg

7dek-10.jpg

7dek-11.jpg

7dek-12.jpg

7dek-13.jpg

7dek-14.jpg

Both cases:

7dek-f.jpg

7dek-g.jpg

7dek-h.jpg

7dek-i.jpg

7dek-j.jpg

7dek-k.jpg

7dek-l.jpg

7dek-m.jpg

And of course some shots of my beauty:

:wub:

7dek-1a.jpg

7dek-1b.jpg

7dek-1c.jpg

7dek-1d.jpg

7dek-1e.jpg

bd8fbf76.jpg

so your not going to tell us how you did it? lol

nice CG work. looks GOOD

I discribed it in my first post, Dizzy. It's not a big deal and there is not much to tell about, I drilled some holes - that's it! ;)

You need heavy industrial machines and quality tools.

But it's not a "Dremel" job, if you that mean... :)

Hey Bobby,

Sounds like you are going to have a lot of request...at least probably one from me one day :)

Congrats and thanks for the pics.

Amazing.

Cheers

Stephane

Thanks, Stephane... :)

...at least probably one from me one day :)

No problem, you're welcome. I await you... ;)

Today I found the best solution to drill the lugholes, for now. It takes a lot of time, but it's possible to drill

very clean lugholes - like you see here. They are even from inside polished!

Both cases are completely overworked (polished case/rehaut and brushed lugholes from down- and upside). On the CN-case I did also the CG's...

7dek-11.jpg

Nice work, but I just checked the lug holes in some of my gen cases & none are countersunk (on either side).

Most of the regulars here have been drilling lug holes (with or without countersinking (without in my case)) for quite some time using a cobalt bit, a few drops of machine oil & a simple hand drill (held by hand). About 2-minutes per hole & I have never broken a bit or damaged a lug. How much easier can it get?

No offense, Bobby, but what makes your solution the 'the best' & why is this post newsworthy?

No offense, Bobby, but what makes your solution the 'the best' & why is this post newsworthy?

Thats a little harsh bro.

He is drilling lug holes where there were none to begin with. I would not do that with a hand held drill myself.

I found it newsworthy because it's something I would like to have done.

Thats a little harsh bro.

He is drilling lug holes where there were none to begin with. I would not do that with a hand held drill myself.

I found it newsworthy because it's something I would like to have done.

My apologies then, Bobby. Your original post (at the top of this thread) said nothing about drilling virgin holes. I (mistakenly) assumed you were enlarging existing holes. Sorry. :cry2:

You might also Search out the tutorial I did for drilling Hev holes in virgin metal (same procedure works for lug or any other holes) with a cheap hand drill stand from Sears.

Nice work, but I just checked the lug holes in some of my gen cases & none are countersunk (on either side).

Most of the regulars here have been drilling lug holes (with or without countersinking (without in my case)) for quite some time using a cobalt bit, a few drops of machine oil & a simple hand drill (held by hand). About 2-minutes per hole & I have never broken a bit or damaged a lug. How much easier can it get?

No offense to you Freddy,

but you will tell us you drill non existing Lugholes

with a Handdrill in 2 Minutes?

Come on Brother ;)

Everybody who tried it in the past knows,

that it is damn difficult to drill the holes on the

outside Lugs.

When you look at the Pics you can see that these holes are

damn clean and well centered.

Believe me that is not an easy Job.

So think about it before you post something.

Only my 2 Cents.

I wish I can see it in person how you drill a virgin lug with a handdrill. :D

Even drilling existing holes have not such a clean finish like machine drilled! Anyway, It depends on the eye of the wiever. And I am very stingy with my work, it has to be always 99% clean!

I think Rolex drill them also on a machine, if they do that by hand then you can applie for a post as "lug-hole driller". :clap:

Just kidding... ;)

BTW: The countersinking guarants a nice pop in for the springbars without scraches. You can see it as "My improvement"! I saw it on some vintage pieces (pic added). But it's not the problem not to countersink them, that is not the hardest part of this job...

Please notice also, that the pics are taken with very strong macro. All seems much bigger than it is!

Here a gen Red-Sub that I had 2 years ago here, you see light countersinked lugholes from inside:

044ffc50.jpg

971315da.jpg