When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A fool and his $$$

repj

A month ago I wired a sum to a fellow named Todd, aka Gioarmani, for a 50th Ann (Green) Rolex Rep. I based my decision upon other members experience and praise and him being a long time member of RWG. I posted a thread last week and it was pulled by the Admin for who knows. Some of you thought I was wrong for posting a thread that I had an issue with a fellow member and those that understood my concerns.....THANK YOU!!! Well a month later I received my watch.....Gio sent me a black Sew Dweller (black) with one hand missing....WTF?! Go ahead and laugh, because I would if I were you. I'm having a very difficult time not believing I've been had. I've sent him a email regarding this, but he has not replied back.

I post this as a caution when it comes to dealing with people you know nothing about. I'm not sure if I'm angry or sad about it all, and I assume the responsibility for what appears to be a lousy deal. I should have been more cautious and less greedy.

As for Gioarmani, well life and fate have a way of dealing with things and, if in fact this does turn out as I suspect, he will be compensated. And if I should someday see the watch I originally ordered, I'll certainly retract this whole post with apologies. But this watch? Not exactly holding my breath at this point.

post-13784-1216075107_thumb.jpg

I recall seeing his sales ad for this SSD and he stated the hand was missing when I seen it.

Maybe its a case where he sent you the wrong watch, and sent yours to the other person he mailed a watch to that day (it happens). Have you contacted him since you got the watch?

As a side PM me want you paid for the 50th sub, and i'll send you that much for the SSD, I have plenty of second hands for it.

Edited by supermanx

Guest carlsbadrolex

If all you need is the hand, I can send you one from an SSD. Im sure there are plenty of people here with spare hands laying around. IMHO, your better off with the SSD anyway!

Then can we finally put all this Gioarmani crap behind us?

Wow! A bunch of good people are showing up and offering some type of resolution to repj in behalf of geormani! I'm so proud to be a member of this forum!

RWG - way to go!

I will trade my new SSD for 50th Ann (Green) modded Rolex rep.... I paid $329 for the watch. Looking to get a watch of the same quality/value. repj

Why don't you first contact Riffram and see if he has your watch, since you have his.

edit: actually, the thread on repgeek has a post that says Riffram did in fact receive the wrong watch yesterday. So even if you don't want to deal with gio, why dont you contact riffram and get it straightened out.

Edited by supermanx

I must admit that I haven't been on here much lately....it's warm out and I've been riding (and moding) my motorcycle. I read 2 threads regarding this situation and I'm not really sure what to make of it. Gioarmani was such and active member that I wouldn't have questioned buying from him.

One thing I do know, if a bad rep deal is this upsetting to someone....then one should not buy reps. I've been screwed and misled....but we are talking reps. Well actually law enforcement calls them countfeits and fakes.

You are taking a chance anytime you order a rep. Kind of like telling a cop you were sold some bad weed.

I must admit that I haven't been on here much lately....it's warm out and I've been riding (and moding) my motorcycle. I read 2 threads regarding this situation and I'm not really sure what to make of it. Gioarmani was such and active member that I wouldn't have questioned buying from him.

One thing I do know, if a bad rep deal is this upsetting to someone....then one should not buy reps. I've been screwed and misled....but we are talking reps. Well actually law enforcement calls them countfeits and fakes.

You are taking a chance anytime you order a rep. Kind of like telling a cop you were sold some bad weed.

Well, it does not have to be necesserily a bad REP deal which can be upsetting to someone... Generally a bad deal - especially with someone you

Anybody knows if Gio is ok...btw?

I received an e-mail from Gio yesterday and he is trying to sort things out. He is doing ok (Or as OK as a man in his situation can do) but he's got fairly good reasons for being preoccupied with other things right now, hence the mix-up.

• 2 weeks later...