When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Someone like Genune Swiss Made AP ROO ?

river

Hey river,

keep me on your for sale list if you end up getting a couple made :)

dave

u need to redrill the crown in the case....perhaps one of the new rep secs at 12 dials will work... but not sure. Gen dials are >$500 from those that I've seen.

-bosk

Guest carlsbadrolex

Yeah, um... I think I will stick with the one I have. I cant even imagine what the price tag would be on this one. New case, new dial, new Swiss movement with correct module. YEAH, Im gonna guess $2250.

Yeah, um... I think I will stick with the one I have. I cant even imagine what the price tag would be on this one. New case, new dial, new Swiss movement with correct module. YEAH, Im gonna guess $2250.

I hope can control under 1500 usd each

I hope can control under 1500 usd each

that price sounds reasonable...I've read on RG a post from a member that got quoted a repair of his gen AP ROO for 1200$...it would be better for him each time to buy just a new mvt on the 2nd hand market...BTW...I tought that watches with this mvt's go for 1500$...

that price sounds reasonable...I've read on RG a post from a member that got quoted a repair of his gen AP ROO for 1200$...it would be better for him each time to buy just a new mvt on the 2nd hand market...BTW...I tought that watches with this mvt's go for 1500$...

Must step in and say this statement is flawed. The servicing+refinish costs over $1,200, I have my Black Themes in for servicing right now and I'm being charged CHF 1,500.

You cannot swap the movement in the AP for one of these cheap watches- the genuine APs use a JLC base and have a gold rotor while these cheaper watches use an ETA base but the same Dubois Depraz module. The movement in an AP is a JLC movement (much more valuable) with a Dubois Depraz screwed on top.

Must step in and say this statement is flawed. The servicing+refinish costs over $1,200, I have my Black Themes in for servicing right now and I'm being charged CHF 1,500.

You cannot swap the movement in the AP for one of these cheap watches- the genuine APs use a JLC base and have a gold rotor while these cheaper watches use an ETA base but the same Dubois Depraz module. The movement in an AP is a JLC movement (much more valuable) with a Dubois Depraz screwed on top.

When AP "service" the movement, they just throw it away and put in a brand new movement... it's a lot quicker and more effective. The JLC with DD module is supposed to be pretty fragile (not quite the word I'm looking for, but it'll do) and complex.

The MBW rep used an ETA 2892 instead of the JLC but did use the DD module. This gives close enough results (especially for a rep), and will allow use of the genuine dial. The pushers will also be on a different level to the crown, therefore a standard case has to be resealed and then re-drilled with the pushers in the right place.