When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Batman Begins

TeeJay

I just re-watched the movie, and I wondered if anyone knew what watch Christian Bale was wearing? It appeared to be polished SS, rectangular case, on a brown aligator strap. Maybe a JLC?

Thanks in advance :)

Hey Teejay, I just watched the movie as well, wicked film :)

Bale is wearing a Patek Philippe 10 Day Tourbillon (5101P):

PP10D-1WEB.jpg

I believe the case is Platinum. Not cheap by any means ;)

Here's some links on this amazing watch:

link 1

link 2

He's got class! That is a Handsome watch! Big WOW factor!

Haven't seen it yet but, Illinois possibly?

It was filmed in Chicago, some scenes shot right across the street from my office, at the Old Post Office building.

Guest carlsbadrolex
How can anybody over the age of 12 be entertained by "batman" ?

But hey I asked the same thing about "Lord of the Rings" and "Harry Potter" too...

Are you freaking kidding me???

I mean seriously Corgi, was that meant to be a funny?

Oh my dear lad, if you were being serious you just lost two cool points with me. If you loose 350 more you will be on the same level as a noob.

Oh my dear lad, if you were being serious you just lost two cool points with me. If you loose 350 more you will be on the same level as a noob.

:D:thumbsupsmileyanim: LOL!

If you knew me personally then I think I would be in the deep negatives on your cool meter!

Guest carlsbadrolex

Corgi, Corgi, Corgi... Ive always thought so highly of you! I guess I should not post pics of the huge Dark Knight tattoo on my right calve. It has been there for a little over ten years now. I had intended to get the Joker on my right calve, but I am now VERY glad that I never did it.

I can now have one done of The Joker as played by Heath... It will put a little darker twist on things.

Right on, man. I love all that mega geek stuff... superheroes, superpowers, austin powers...super freak... wait...

Hey Teejay, I just watched the movie as well, wicked film :)

Bale is wearing a Patek Philippe 10 Day Tourbillon (5101P):

I believe the case is Platinum. Not cheap by any means ;)

Here's some links on this amazing watch:

link 1

link 2

Thanks for the info, bro, that is one awesome watch. The next question, is where can I get one without having to spend $325,000 :lol:

He's got class! That is a Handsome watch! Big WOW factor!

That's for sure! I might have found a new 'grail wedding watch' :lol:

How can anybody over the age of 12 be entertained by "batman" ?

I'd suggest watching the movie, and seeing if you still feel the same way ;) Batman was never originally intended for kids. As much as the Adam West series brings back childhood memories, it now really annoys me how much it actually distorted the concepts. Batman was never meant to be anything other than brooding, dark, and violent... Bob Kane was actually inspired to create the character by viewing Leonardo da Vinci's glider, so no lightweight stuff there ;)

This watch would be much more appropriate for BATMANN

B)URWERK 201 B)

sportscar-watch.jpg

http://www.geekologie.com/2007/10/12/sportscar-watch.jpg

It tells time with three hands that rotate to display the hour, and telescope to point to the exact minute (it's 3:18 in the picture).

video here

Edited by Gran

the new batman is supposed to be freekin awesome!! it did 155mil this weekend.. box office record! beat spidey 2 by a couple bux

i was gunna go see it tonight but i didnt have time

This watch would be much more appropriate for BATMANN

B)URWERK 201 B)

sportscar-watch.jpg

http://www.geekologie.com/2007/10/12/sportscar-watch.jpg

It tells time with three hands that rotate to display the hour, and telescope to point to the exact minute (it's 3:18 in the picture).

video here

Gran I came across this watch in a gen forum a guy was selling it I believe he was asking 45K for it

:o

I'd suggest watching the movie, and seeing if you still feel the same way ;) Batman was never originally intended for kids. As much as the Adam West series brings back childhood memories, it now really annoys me how much it actually distorted the concepts. Batman was never meant to be anything other than brooding, dark, and violent... Bob Kane was actually inspired to create the character by viewing Leonardo da Vinci's glider, so no lightweight stuff there ;)

To be fair, I just finished downloading it this morning and will watch it as soon as I finish doing yard work. I will return with my verdict thereafter.

I just finished watching the new batman. I must say I'm pleasantly surprised even though the audio in my version was a little fuzzy. The scene where the Joker was leaving the hospital exploding behind him, with the music playing... and then cut to the helicopter shot of the entire hospital going up in flames with the masterful orchestral score blaring was sheer genius. One may ask how it is possible to rig up hundreds of individual explosives in a public building which is constantly occupied and then coordinate them imploding so professionally but that is not the point of this film. It is a movie for the side of all of us that just wants to look at explosions and pyrotechnics and guns and ammo. I was also surprised it didn't include one sex scene in the entire movie - that is extremely rare for a Hollywood production and certainly worthy of accolade. Acting was superb even though bat man spoke with the accent of a hearing impaired person. The characters all looked like supermodels but that can be forgiven once again given the fantastical nature of the movie. Chicago's famous draw bridges and iconic skyline looked phenomenal and painstaking attention to detail transformed every aspect of this metropolis into the legendary "Gotham City". About half-way through, a big twist "introducing" a new character really hooked me as I had remembered, but forgotten about this stuff from my younger days. The makers clearly put effort into this production and it shows. Silly? Outrageous? Yes of course. But that should hardly stop you from enjoying this brutal saga - provided you check logic and common sense at the door.

7.7/10