When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex GMT Master ll Ceramic Eyecandy.

Master Chief

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all.

This is my favorate photo of GMT Master llC.

I try to get a GEN pose :D, Let's see your GMT Master!

Ricoh-R5-0081-mark.jpg

This is by far my favorite Rolex. So sharp and classy!!! Both of my MBW GMT II's finally went after 4 years and I am looking to replace them with this...just not sure how the ceramic coated insert is going to look.

Frankly...all of these look genuine to me...are any of these a rep?

Is it just my eyes or does both Jiro's and Slicemaster's bezel fonts look thinner? They also each claim to have just got the watch. Take a look, thinner no? A batch upgrade maybe? Or is that already known and I just missed it? They all look fantastic by the way!

What do you know. You're right. They are DEFINITELY thinner.

No to me yours look like the originals, but check out Jiro's, they look considerably thinner and more gen like. Anybody else got a line on this or ask their dealer about it? I'm not really in the market for the watch per se as I just had the gen for a short time and sold it, but the insert font thickness is one of the only two real tells to my eye, and Lani has the other one covered now with the AR mags. If these new thinner insert versions are available now this watch will IMO be maybe the most visually accurate rep around with Lani's cyclops mod. Cool...

r you talking about the bezel insert?

I got this one form PT came on the mail yesterday 100_3733.jpg

does it look thinner

Edited by RobbieG

No to me yours look like the originals, but check out Jiro's, they look considerably thinner and more gen like. Anybody else got a line on this or ask their dealer about it? I'm not really in the market for the watch per se as I just had the gen for a short time and sold it, but the insert font thickness is one of the only two real tells to my eye, and Lani has the other one covered now with the AR mags. If these new thinner insert versions are available now this watch will IMO be maybe the most visually accurate rep around with Lani's cyclops mod. Cool...

I do not see any difference in the bezel/insert between any of the GMTIIC reps. I also do not think anyone would be able to ID these reps by the thickness of the bezel engravings unless they knew what to look for & had a gen on-hand to make a direct comparison with.

I think the most obvious problem with these reps & something that is easier to see is the thickness (or, rather, thinness) of the index markers. The rep markers are narrower than the markers on the gen dial. And while the lack of AR on the cyclops is noticeable in some environments (under the right light), the marker width is always noticeable. That is the most telling marker on the rep, in my opinion. But none of the inaccuracies of out-of-the-box version of this rep would ever be noticed by anyone other than a hard-core WIS & no one here would ever think of posting pics of their rep on TZ, would they? :bangin:

The purpose of this thread was not to bring up the old who can ID the rep stuff again as that is the last thing we need. I was just making an observation that two others in the thread seem to see as well which is that Jiro's rep appears to have an updated insert as his engraved fonts are noticeably thinner than on the other pics posted. It is obvious enough to make me wonder if it is a batch upgrade which just was released in the latest run. Hey Jiro, if you get a chance ask your dealer if you would and post his answer. I'm sure a lot of us would love to know.

No offense Freddy, not that there is anything wrong with yours or anybody else watch, and you are right, tough to notice unless one knows what they are looking for. Minor indeed. Again, just trying to determine if an update has been done...

I do not see any difference in the bezel/insert between any of the GMTIIC reps. I also do not think anyone would be able to ID these reps by the thickness of the bezel engravings unless they knew what to look for & had a gen on-hand to make a direct comparison with.

I think the most obvious problem with these reps & something that is easier to see is the thickness (or, rather, thinness) of the index markers. The rep markers are narrower than the markers on the gen dial. And while the lack of AR on the cyclops is noticeable in some environments (under the right light), the marker width is always noticeable. That is the most telling marker on the rep, in my opinion. But none of the inaccuracies of out-of-the-box version of this rep would ever be noticed by anyone other than a hard-core WIS & no one here would ever think of posting pics of their rep on TZ, would they? :bangin:

I was just making an observation that two others in the thread seem to see as well which is that Jiro's rep appears to have an updated insert as his engraved fonts are noticeably thinner than on the other pics posted. It is obvious enough to make me wonder if it is a batch upgrade which just was released in the latest run.

Not to belabor this, but I have closely studied all of the pics in this thread until my eyes are :blink: & maybe I am just not sufficiently skilled to see the detail that you see, but the inserts all look the same to me.

anothersunday0181.jpg