When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Had a look at Silix' Website

What exactly makes this watch so special that $475 is a "fantastic deal"?

I'm not saying it isn't, but please educate me.

To me, $475 is still hell of a lot money for a rep... especially with potentially bad movement (modification secs at '12).

To me, $475 is still hell of a lot money for a rep... especially with potentially bad movement (modification secs at '12).

you are - of course - right. their point was simply that the same watch is 100$ cheaper than elsewere. they were not commenting about the price itself, rather about the proportion of it being cheaper ;)

This is "fantastic" because it is over $100 cheaper than anywhere else :)

Plus the movement breakdowns have already shown the secs@12 to be jewelled where needed, just like the secs@3, and unlike the secs@6......

Not saying a few peeps won't have issues, but then stock Asian movements can break down too....

Cheers! B)

WHAT did I tell you? King had the same price, but then Andrew or Josh presured her into raising the price and then it was 570&ish

Very true, I commented on it at the time and was told it was because of a typo that she put up the wrong price. I knew that it was BS. I still think that there is a fair bit of flexibility on the 475 price, but it will take a while for the market to cool off and give the dealers reasons to lower their prices to more reasonable levels. They just need to sort out the date window, lack of lume and better strap options. Then I'm in.

Notice that I said once payment is made. :D

yeah, he's a good guy - answers emails only once a day though - so it takes a week to have a discussion about a watch if you have multiple questions - he owes me a deal cause he sent me the wrong watches one time - totally screwed up my order - but i never was able to cash in on that "future" discount

yeah, he's a good guy - answers emails only once a day though - so it takes a week to have a discussion about a watch if you have multiple questions - he owes me a deal cause he sent me the wrong watches one time - totally screwed up my order - but i never was able to cash in on that "future" discount

Yeah right... future discount. I've actually got one of those from Josh, but I don't know if I'll ever "cash" in on. I wonder even he'll remember it. Don't you just love it? They've built in future business for themselves. I wonder if they're selling books on how to start your own internet business and cash in on it at the local book stores in China.

Yeah right... future discount. I've actually got one of those from Josh, but I don't know if I'll ever "cash" in on. I wonder even he'll remember it. Don't you just love it? They've built in future business for themselves. I wonder if they're selling books on how to start your own internet business and cash in on it at the local book stores in China.

from what i have heard, its kind of the business cultural norm in china - low quality control - High % defective rate - resistance to refunds and usually wants to just discount you on the next purchase.

if your up to his business practices though - if your cool with it, he is a great dealer.

If you want someone who has a blackberry and answers your questions 24 hrs a day - and you don't mind paying a premium - then use josh.

me personally, i use precious time - answers emails very often - competitive pricing, speaks good English - he is slightly slower on actually getting the watches in the mail as josh is - no, order on Sunday receive on Friday sort of thing, but it gets there, usually inside of 2 weeks. So with PT i'm getting the watch where with Silix, i'm still trying to figure out the price and the color :)

Well, I have to agree with phoband.

Silix was one of my first dealers.

Got a couple of nice reps and then things went south as we say here in the NWT.

When I ordered a watch and the one I received had an entirely different band than pictured I was told that it was 12 euros more and didn't I understand that?

Not really. Never stated. Just pictured.

Calculate your own mileage.

Get your own dealer in the internet age.

Carl

I've never had a problem with them.

Had a different FM sent instead of the specified FM Vegas... sent it back at their cost, I told them to hold onto it, and when I bought something else (many months later) they paid the shipping for the Vegas plus that watch as well as the cashed in discount.

They may be slow, but they always delivered for me :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've never had a problem with them.

Had a different FM sent instead of the specified FM Vegas... sent it back at their cost, I told them to hold onto it, and when I bought something else (many months later) they paid the shipping for the Vegas plus that watch as well as the cashed in discount.

They may be slow, but they always delivered for me :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Definitely for me too! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Silix has mixed reviews. Some like, others hate. A couple instances I've received watches that were defective, but even in those instances one shouldn't be so quick to condemn. Why? Because Jay is very accomodating to exchanges. If you don't like, for whatever reason, just send it back and he'll give you full credit toward another purchase, and he does not charge a 20% restocking fee or whatever. Silix may send some bad watches, but so what? Just send them back for full credit. It's that simple.

Silix has mixed reviews. Some like, others hate. A couple instances I've received watches that were defective, but even in those instances one shouldn't be so quick to condemn. Why? Because Jay is very accomodating to exchanges. If you don't like, for whatever reason, just send it back and he'll give you full credit toward another purchase, and he does not charge a 20% restocking fee or whatever. Silix may send some bad watches, but so what? Just send them back for full credit. It's that simple.

Has anyone actually bought the seconds at 12 from Silix though? Just wondered if anyone has any comment on his version compared with the others. I suppose what I'm driving at is if they're the same as the ones sold by the others, then it'll be quite silly to get them from anyone other than Silix since his prices are about 100 USD cheaper.