When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another new Breitling release!

ChronoKing

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at pics of this watch (gen) on the 'net,it was the Breitling i liked the least.

Handling a few of these at the AD,made it the Breitling i like the most,a real difference,you can't see that in pics,this watch is really something.

As for a rep of it,i can't see it being the same as the gen,the gen is too nice,but i'm excited to check it out..... B)

Looking at pics of this watch (gen) on the 'net,it was the Breitling i liked the least.

Handling a few of these at the AD,made it the Breitling i like the most,a real difference,you can't see that in pics,this watch is really something.

As for a rep of it,i can't see it being the same as the gen,the gen is too nice,but i'm excited to check it out..... B)

If you got it, then take a few pic `s please. I am interested about rep subdials background.Is it like a gen or not. ;)

I agree with fakemaster...

this Breitling doesn't have the "characteristics" of a Breitling...

I can't tell with a quick glance that it's a Breitling...

nevertheless, it does look quite nice on "close-up" inspection...

it takes a little time to really appreciate the designs.

I look forward to seeing the pics. I saw one at the AD and although it is rather odd I liked it. It does wear huge but it is quite the fashion statement. Plus, how many 44mm round Breitlings can a person have. And yes, I do hope the price comes down but IMHO there is no point in continuing to complain. If they don't sell well or the manufacturer expands who they will sell it to it should come down in price. If you like the watch you just have to decide whether you want to be an early adopter. :)

I asked Andrew about the pricing on this and he told me that it was down to the high price of the gen they bought and that the hand inlaid dial cost nearly $100 to make.

LOL, maybe 100$ for a batch of 500 dials, but who seriously believes that ANYONE would pay 100$ for a watch dial in china? Even genuine dials are not that expensive when you get them as replacement parts!

LOL, maybe 100$ for a batch of 500 dials, but who seriously believes that ANYONE would pay 100$ for a watch dial in china? Even genuine dials are not that expensive when you get them as replacement parts!

labor is dirt cheap in china, i can have a house built in china for 100.00, good god.

I LOL'd... at the almost $600 price tag.

For a watch that has a 50% chance of being broken upon receipt, and lives the lifespan of an Asian 7750?

How do you all justify used gen pricing for a fake watch or two?

lol. A lot of truth in this. The review on the new AP ROO movement raised the question of its reliability due to the silver gear at 12. However, the latest 7750 has been reviewed to be as good as ETA.

lol. A lot of truth in this. The review on the new AP ROO movement raised the question of its reliability due to the silver gear at 12. However, the latest 7750 has been reviewed to be as good as ETA.

Its a crap shoot. I just posted in another thread that i've yet to even purchase a chrono rep. Might have to pull the trigger soon. SMP chrono is excellent, as is the new skyland.