When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bond SMP from King

whitestripes

Right. This is a gem for the rep factories: unlike the PO, Breitlings, and HBBs, this Omega case is used throughout the seamaster line. Change the bracelet (Bond or Speedy, both have been repped already), the dial (all have been made), bezel insert (all have been made) and caseback (again, all of them are out there), and you have like 6 SUPERREPS.

The case has ALWAYS been the let down, the He valve and crownguards, in particular. Is this going to happen?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the Submariner of the #2 Swiss manufacturer in the game.

The grocery income would be ridiculous for the supplier.

If this rep was stamped out right, there is no question about 1000 pieces.. whatever.No one is taking ownership of this market as we speak. The case will fulfill all past, present, and future SMP models.

This is a given. It's obvious that its going to be done, the question is who/when. SMP cannot be denied. It's been too long.

Word is a new model is already in the works. Was told by collectors to "wait".

Whats coming to press? Mvmts drying up and all...

On a personal note, I couldn't wait. have an older SMP en route. Just like every single SMP buyer in the market right now.

Will be interesting to see what comes of the current situation.

Rest assured my piece will be reviewed upon arrival, but I dont expect any revelations.

This market has been denied for way too long. ;)

I've waited for a decent SMP since my join date.

The case will fulfill all past, present, and future SMP models.

This is a given. It's obvious that its going to be done, the question is who/when. SMP cannot be denied. It's been too long.

This market has been denied for way too long. ;)

I couldn't help but notice this sounds almost like a Biblical prophecy. Just switch "Savior" for "SMP" or "SMP Model" and "humanity" for "this market." :D

Unfortunately even if there IS a new SMP rep "in the works", we can't be sure it will be any more authentic than the current bunch of reps. Or as affordable.

Yet SOMEONE thought it made good business sense to build a new version of a classic Rolex rep which was very accurate out-of-the-box. We got the popular Noobmariner.

Adding to the great list from r2d4 of gens which seem to use the same case...

As mentioned earlier, it's odd that there are SMP "007" reps out there that have the CG size/shape about right. I'm sure I've seen them, but can't find a pic. Here's the gen instead.

If one of these could be matched with the Silix-style dial, bezel insert, hands and bracelet... it would be more than good enough for me!

Oh yeah, thanks Mars I forgot about ole elec blue. Good choice. :D

Maybe I should sell me closed factory before the market gets saturated with a new 450.00 rep with an asian copy of an ETA 2824. Nah I think not. :g:

Edited by r2d4

I highly doubt this rep will sell for $450. At that price, they are all chronos or ceramic or something special. I bet it will be at the current prices, like $270 for ETA, $200 for CN ETA (or A21J)

I was exaggerating a bit. I am just real peeved that some rep makers and dealers are passing off eta stamped Asian copies for more than 150.00 bucks. In my diabolical Disney mind they should be worth under 150 for CN stamped ETA's.

If its a true ETA movement and they have the correct HE valve, CGs, better crowns, correct dial, etc., I wouldn't be suprised if the price would be over $300 (just like the Steelfish). Im sure it would be called the Ultimate SMP (I thought I had the rights to call my SMP the Ultimate) and that it was made from gen comparision, 1:1 ratio, etc.

If its a true ETA movement and they have the correct HE valve, CGs, better crowns, correct dial, etc., I wouldn't be suprised if the price would be over $300 (just like the Steelfish). Im sure it would be called the Ultimate SMP (I thought I had the rights to call my SMP the Ultimate) and that it was made from gen comparision, 1:1 ratio, etc.

I bought a SMP from Precious Time with a real ETA movement and correct HE valve... The price? 300$ You're right my friend ;)

Share some info about... Date of purchase... pictures....?

I bought the SMP 2 weeks ago. Precious Time is exactly like Eurotimez, the watch was verified (water resistance, real ETA, finitions, etc...). I will make a review soon. But I'm in holidays, please be patient (just one week ;) )

I reckon the rep ETA SMP that JBond got from Precious Time is the same as the Silix one. Very, very nice, but weak CGs.

The difference between Silix's model and PT's model? More than 100$... Why? I have a REAL ETA verify (or change I don't know but it's a real).

I am getting a noobmariner delivered to my door for well under $US130. This is a new and popular version of a simple day/date watch. It is also supposed to be VERY close to the gen "out of the box". It's a replica of a classic, which has been done many times before. For less than $US130.

It can be done.

Oh and the bezel pearl thing is a trade off. If you can get the bezel off without damaging it you could theoretically locate a new hole to align a flat type bezel spring or take off some wire if it has an internal tooth bezel. So the built in pearl is good and bad. You wont lose it that is for sure. :D

I agree with R2D4 (usually do)

I started a thread couple weeks ago about trying to get someone to produce a Ultimate SMP (USMP). Overwhelmingly wanted. The SMP draws more attention than any other rep for me, but then again, I don't do Rollies.

I'd buy just the daggum case if I could get it! the He Valve is my biggest complaint.

Let's be real:

1. the UPO has gained so much attention because it's highly "mod"-able

2. with that in mind - most everyone would swap to a Gen dial and hands anyways...right?

3. The bezel misaligned is a 10 min fix, pearl is another story......

Long story short - If you rep the SMP case like the Old Factory (correct He and crown guards), you got yourself a SOLID GOLD #1 Hit

I can't believe no one's mentioned my new favourite Seamaster which is begging to be repped:

bond014nu2.th.jpg

No, it's NOT the Bond LE. Take a closer look.

Put simply, there are so many of the Seamaster range that could use a 1:1 case, it must make sense to make it

Edited by bigpops