When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7/7 London Bombs

Finepics

I would just like to pay a small tribute to my friend and colleague who was killed this day a year ago on the Russell Street tube bombing. This was a big shock for Londoners, despite being very used to terrorist activity over the years, this reached out more than most things. I never expected on that dreadful morning that my colleague, Michaela Otto, would be sitting right next to bomber Germaine Lindsay on that Picadilly line train when he blew himself up and that I would never see her again.

Rest in peace Michaela - you are not forgotten.

The world mourns with you Mark...... There is no words to express my utter indignation at this incident, and all that died will never be forgotten by us.

My uncle who normally takes the No. 30 from his home to go to work in the borough of Hackney, just missed his bus because his shaver cut his face that morning and he was a very lucky man. I still have nasty thoughts every now and then of what would have happpened if the shaver didn't cut his face.

My deepest condolences. I was supposed to be in London 2 days before the attack for a self guided tour round the city for a week. Due to a sudden change of events, I had to fly back home. When I heard the news, I was shocked, appalled. I just could not believe what I have seen on the television, the things I have read on the papers. Those who lost their lives during the unfateful day will not be forgotten. Once again, my deepest condolences to Michaela Otto and those whose lives were abruptly taken away by the cowardly act of the so-called terrorists.