When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Way too many GMTII's lately...

By-Tor

funny you mention it, yesterday was our taekwondo studio's summer picnic and out of all the high end watches there were 3 gen gmtII's (and 2 bad fake subs) one of the gmt's was on a milf... wow.... I'm glad my wife wasn't there.

I had on the ingy and it got looks from one ebel wearing dad, but I don't think normal people know IWC...

there are periods where I don't see a particular watch, then I see them on everyone.

one watch I swear I saw one a gent the other day was the new sub. polished mid links and ceramis bezel. gleamed like the top of the chrysler building.

thanks for the pics. I'm taking the exp on vacation next week so I will take some new shots of her in the caves...

Edited by its_urabus

@Stephane: That's a beauty. :wub:

Did you ever even consider the white dial, or are you 100% black dial guy?

Unlike black Daytona (which leaves me cold) I like both Explorer II's, but prefer white.

That's a beauty.

The tritium dial looks great on a white ExpII!

How old is that watch?

Thank you BT, its from 1991. I thought it was a quite a find with the patina and 16550 style thick font bezel.

A funny story; I passed on a white ExpII back in the early 90's and bought my gen GMTII instead. That GMTII is now long gone but here I am with a newly purchased neovintage white ExpII some 15 years later -go figure! :rolleyes: .

@Stephane: That's a beauty. :wub:

Did you ever even consider the white dial, or are you 100% black dial guy?

Unlike black Daytona (which leaves me cold) I like both Explorer II's, but prefer white.

Thanks By-Tor B)

I'm not 100% black: the Daytona MUST be white or a JLC too in example.

But I am totaly black for certain models, which are my favourite.

In the end, the Explorer II is growing on me again and I'm sure I would not have the same attraction for the white.

The white one is for sure a wonderfull watch specialy for photos ;)